Dr. Leonard Direnfeld

5 1 4.0

You may also like

Rate Dr. Leonard Direnfeld

Dr. Leonard Direnfeld's Ratings

This doctor has been one of the best things to happen to my health. Constantly grateful for the man he is. I have been seeing him for over 10 years. I have brought others to him, friends and family. He is kind, he works through things WITH you. He considers what you bring to the table, he doesn't brush you or your ideas off. He encourages you to do your own research, on top of him doing his own research in his own time about your case and new treatments available.

On top of his knowledge, he actually cares. This is something completely unique and valuable with doctors these days. He cares-he doesn't do it for the money, doesn't rush you out...he does what a doctor is supposed to do and cares for you.

He is encouraging, kind, and has a lot of amazing doctors working with him. I travel two hours to see him and wait the month wait time it takes to see him (with the large amount of patients he has) gladly.

As an endocrinologist-the reviews on here are true. In my opinion-one of the best in Canada. When others didn't do T3 and T4 tests to accurately diagnose me, he made sure that I had them done. Not only this, he does NOT shove medications down your throat to get you out of his office quickly to unsuccessfully "smooth" over the issue. The medication he prescribed me for my thyroid is the most natural. I'm thankful he works with a homeopath-Dr. Poonam. Who I have also seen for a while. Both very knowledgable, kind, listen, don't push you out of their office, and always willing to learn more about you and about your situation in order to help you.

My family physician, friend in this fight, and encouragement in dealing with the issues I have-fibro, cfs, hypothyroidism, multiple food allergies and feelings of anxiety-I am THANKFUL.

This review has been a long time coming. Dr. Direnfeld is a complete blessing and anyone who is thinking of seeing him-the year wait time in order to get on his list is WORTH IT.

There is a reason the wait time is so long! Trust me.

Direnfeld if you read this, THANK YOU! You've been a blessing to me and my whole family!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2880495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

The receptionist are extremely rude and will never return a phone call. You cannot get through a human when you call. You are prompted to leave a message at times and at other times the message says your call will not be return. How can I make an appointment???? You can't even have a conversation with the reception staff. They just ignore people.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2813741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Those ladies at the front desk are always friendly and helpful. They always greet me by name and I've seen them do the same for other patients. Why I even watched as one of them brought tea to an older lady. The doctor is helpful and has helped me tremendously. The gentleman in the previous comment sounds more like someone who didn't get their way.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2775933].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Receptionist is so rude, even on the answering machine she's sounds rude. Dr D needs to remove whatever id up her butt. This isn't even my doctor. He's my wifes and kids. I take the kids there and I want to pull my hair out just listening to the reception talk. she needs a good slap. As for Dr D. just horrible. Needs to retire or become a nurse. I have never seen a doctor say "I don't know" so many times. He even has to look stuff up in the medical book because he forgets. Anyone who is posting "5's" below work there. No way would anyone give the staff a 5. Unless they are also rude.......

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2756688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Receptionist is so rude and unethical. Arrogant! Inhuman!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2735957].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

Can be difficult to get an appointment but the wsit is always worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2707581].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

Dr. Direnfeld saved my life when others could not help me.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2664696].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2014

Pros: He is compassionate, practises functional medicine, and is interested in helping people with chronic illness. Cons: Appointments are too short and rushed. He often forgets what medications he has prescribed and why.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2662322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2014

Thank you Dr. L.Direnfeld for all you care and fix my Thyroid, he combines W.Med. with ND, very up to date, knowledgable about real health. Thanks a lot doc. Dec 10,2014

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2648704].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

The best doctor I have ever come by. Combines mainstream medicine with natural approach. Extremely knowledgeable and pleasant. Essentially, he is an amazing person.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2634045].votes_count ]]