Ratings for Dr. Leonard Direnfeld

Dr.Direnfeld is very knowledgeable,responsive ,thirough and open.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Amazing doctor who listens and trys to help best way he can He is nice and kind and listens to yoi

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

takes the time to listen and figure out what is really going on, instead of relying on multiple prescriptions to cover any symptoms. It took months to get in for an appointment but it was well worth the wait!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

I love Dr Direnfeld he changed my life with my thyroid issues. I have been seeing him purely for my thyroid for over 10 years. He is more knowledgable than any GP with relation to thyroid / endocrine issues. He truely cares about your health and will try different approaches to make sure you feel your best! His staff has always been super nice to deal with as well!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Dr. D is a wonderful, caring doctor. He listens to us and seems to always ask the right questions. He is very up to date and his kind manner goes a long long way.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

I don't know where I would be without his help and guidance

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Leonard for over 5 years for thyroid issues. Ran the gauntlet of endocrine dr's who will never learn. 10 years suffering, 5 years fixed with Direnfield. He was through and concise and knew what do do and when to do it. Go an see him.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Direnfeld for about 6 years. He always greeted me kindly and was quite thorough during the appointment. He checked his notes and wrote a summary of any new concerns. He also often suggested natural remedies that I really liked. I thought I had found a great doctor. It was not until I got very sick that I learned how limited he, and most family physicians are in their understanding of the complexity of the body. What shocked me the most was the lack of intuition. I tried to explain that I had a serious problem with my adrenal glands, and he continued to insist that perhaps it was my heart. I was certain, and am now in the care of a good endocrinologist. He is not a bad doctor, but sadly, he is far from great.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Excellent Doctor and excellent staff, they were all very informative and helpful! I don't know why anyone would think they were rude. Anytime I called someone answered, unless they were closed for the day or closed for lunch. The answering machine tells you the office hours. I called during those hours, someone always answered.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

This doctor has been one of the best things to happen to my health. Constantly grateful for the man he is. I have been seeing him for over 10 years. I have brought others to him, friends and family. He is kind, he works through things WITH you. He considers what you bring to the table, he doesn't brush you or your ideas off. He encourages you to do your own research, on top of him doing his own research in his own time about your case and new treatments available. On top of his knowledge, he actually cares. This is something completely unique and valuable with doctors these days. He cares-he doesn't do it for the money, doesn't rush you out...he does what a doctor is supposed to do and cares for you. He is encouraging, kind, and has a lot of amazing doctors working with him. I travel two hours to see him and wait the month wait time it takes to see him (with the large amount of patients he has) gladly. As an endocrinologist-the reviews on here are true. In my opinion-one of the best in Canada. When others didn't do T3 and T4 tests to accurately diagnose me, he made sure that I had them done. Not only this, he does NOT shove medications down your throat to get you out of his office quickly to unsuccessfully "smooth" over the issue. The medication he prescribed me for my thyroid is the most natural. I'm thankful he works with a homeopath-Dr. Poonam. Who I have also seen for a while. Both very knowledgable, kind, listen, don't push you out of their office, and always willing to learn more about you and about your situation in order to help you. My family physician, friend in this fight, and encouragement in dealing with the issues I have-fibro, cfs, hypothyroidism, multiple food allergies and feelings of anxiety-I am THANKFUL. This review has been a long time coming. Dr. Direnfeld is a complete blessing and anyone who is thinking of seeing him-the year wait time in order to get on his list is WORTH IT. There is a reason the wait time is so long! Trust me. Direnfeld if you read this, THANK YOU! You've been a blessing to me and my whole family!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015