Ratings for Dr. Max B. Medary

After reading these terrible reviews I was terrified to see Dr Medery . My fears were completely wrong. The staff could not have been nicer. I was contacted at home by Stacy to obtain my medical history and list of medication. She was efficient and professional! Once I arrived, the receptionist was also efficient and professional. Other than a signature for release of medical information, I did not have to complete all the redundant paper work usually required for new patients. Dr Medary was also efficient and professional. He reviewed my MRI and explained to me my options. Because I have issues at multiple levels in my lower spine, he explained the process by which surgery could proceed. I'm very impressed with Dr Mederay and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

He was very rude, told me he would do tests to appease me if I wanted, acted like he didn't believe me. He said he couldn't help me and that was the end of the 5 min appt! Iwent to another dr, had tests and they showed herniated discs and nerve problems. I will never go back to Medary.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

HE'S AN A... AND NOT AS GOOD A SURGEON AS PEOPLE THINK. HAD SURGERY AND PAIN NEVER WENT AWAY, EVEN GOT WORSE. OTHER DOCTORS HAVE SAID HE DID A TERIBLE JOB.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

i would say that the girl at the reception desk is not very helpful all she does is take your money !

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

Don't waste your time going to this guy. Went to him once and won't ever go back. He told me verbatim that he blows off young people. The review below this is spot on. He didn't really hardly look at my recent MRI, nor cared to talk much with me. Guess I wasn't a big money surgery for him. Thanks for nothing.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

Seeing Dr. Medary was the worst medical experience I've ever had. He was arrogant and unprofessional. He announced that I was not a surgical candidate before he asked me a single question. I pointed out that he was looking a my MRI from the wrong year and he completely ignored me. I have a herniated disk between L5 & S1 and am unable to work. He stated there were no structural abnormalities on my office visit note and that the date of my injury was the date of my appointment. He had the written evaluation completed before he saw me, which was for about 3 minutes. Apparently has great surgical skills, but absolutely no bedside manner or empathy at all. He actually appeared to be stoned. Don't waste your time unless you know you need surgery as he has nothing to offer you if you don't.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

I went to see Dr Medary for a second opinion on my back pain. He was very nice and knowledgeable. He quickly diagnosed what was wrong with my back (what my orthopedic doctor had missed). He told me my options with him and welcomed me to look at other alternatives to surgery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Medary to anyone experiencing back pain.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Great doctor and I have to totally disagree with the other negative comments below. If your looking for a doctor whose going to tell you what YOU want to hear then NO this isn't the doctor for you... However if your looking for an experienced surgeon who is honest, straight to the point, great surgeon, and knowledgable this is, your surgeon. You as the patient need to take care of your OWN health first, this doctor can't treat your obesity etc... If your looking for a shrink then find one if your looking for a top rated surgeon then you found one in Dr. Medary!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Having read reviews about Dr Medary prior to surgery, I thought, there's always haters! I liked him,was happy to be worked in for a back surgery after suffering for 5 yrs. Surgery went well & pain resolved! I was grateful! 3 mos later with back pain returned,Dr Medary seemed to care less. He never did an exam, never asked about the type of pain, just didn't want to hear it. He opened the exam room door in the middle of our visit,as if to say, get out! His answer was to "stop the woe is me attitude". So great if you need surgery, if not, you get rudeness,arrogance and a pompous ass! The compassionate Dr award at check out needs to be given to someone deserving of it. opened the door in the middle of my conversation, as if to say, get out! He also said I need to quit the " so is me attitude". I can totally agree with the comments of others regarding his arrogance, and rudeness. If, you need surgery he's great, if, he relieves your pain, he's a great Dr. If, you return with a problem he could careless and shows NO compassion or concern.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

I had problems with my back that lasted about a year, finally I decided to get a MRI done. MRI showed I had a herniated disc L5 S1. I was in so my much pain. Thank god for this doctor he did surgery on my back and i have no more pain. All I want to say is thank you Dr. Medery.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Dr. Max B. Medary's Credentials

• Medical College Of Pennsylvania (Grad. 1992)