You may also like

Rate Dr. Graham McMillan

Dr. Graham McMillan's Ratings

Dr. McMillan is the best dentist I have ever been to. I have had many bad experiences with dentist visits over the years and now have quite a phobia with both dentists and dental work in general. In light of this, Dr. McMillan took the time to listen to my concerns (ridiculous as they were) and explain everything he was doing and about to do. Rather than making me feel foolish about being needle-phobic and dental-phobic, Dr. McMillan instead came up with a plan to manage my fears. In fact, his entire office was exceptionally kind and patient with me.
I first saw him during a crisis infection that required urgent treatment and he not only provided it, but followed up to make sure that the medications were working and that I was not in additional pain. I don’t know any other dentists that will take the time to answer questions on the weekend or after hours, let alone provide their patients with the ability to contact them after hours. The subsequent root canal was quite honestly the easiest experience I have ever had in a dental chair, despite the actual work required being extensive and difficult. I have referred him repeatedly since then, with several co-workers now also becoming his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2832407].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Scratch the surface of this sometimes affable and consistently capable technician and you will find a self-involved fellow incapable, in his own eyes, of error. If things don’t go as predicted it’s ‘these things happen’. When he fails to keep commitments to his patients, he is incapable of acknowledgment or apology and is dismissive of their concerns.
I speak from 20 yrs + of experience as his patient before I had finally had enough. In retrospect, the frequent turnover in his support staff is not surprising.
If you value being in an adult relationship with your dentist, avoid McMillan like the plague. If you are happy to let him have his way with you and are comfortable with the notion that the Dr. can do no wrong, then this little guy is the one for you.

Was this rating useful? 8 [[ userState['ratings'][2726027].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

I have been going to Dr. McMillan for years. His personality varies by visit, sometimes he is a bit brusk, usually he is very outgoing and funny. But he is always honest about what he thinks needs to be done with my teeth. I have gone in asking for expensive work and he has talked me out of it and explained in plain language why he thought it wasn't a good idea. To me, that is the sign of someone who cares more about my mouth than about his pockets. Plus his staff is the best. They remember me and ask questions about my life based on conversations we had 9 months previously. Amazing.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2690748].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

Graham is highly skilled, patient and kind. He takes great pride in his work and doesn't promote anything unnecessary . The staff is friendly and genuine. Its always a pleasure, which is kind of amazing to be able to say about a drill in your mouth.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2445381].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Dr. McMillan is excellent! He treats our whole family. I had a toothache and he came in on his day off to see me! His work is outstanding and done with precision. I love that he answers email and txt messages in evenings if we need him....I would recommend him to anyone! Best dentist our family has ever had and very honest in his opinions too!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1215196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2013

I was delighted to find Dr. McMillan after having had a couple of dentist-egotists. It's an unpretentious but attractive surgery with staff who remember you! Amazing. Dr. McMillan is professional and personable. I feel as though I am being looked after, rather than a number that's being shunted through the system. Despite having problems with new glasses and my presenting him with an unexpected root canal, he dealt with things professionally and kept the other patients under care too. He gave me a sheet of information after the procedure with his personal cell phone number. I haven't needed to use it, but I'm grateful for the concern.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1215195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

I went to see Dr. McMillan in terrible pain. Before he started working on my teeth I wanted to know my options;he never took the time to discuss them,went ahead and did the fillings on two of my teeth. Days later still in pain, I returned and he gave me pills and sent me home. Two days later, still in agony, I called him and was told not to come in since he couldn’t do anything for me. I went to see another dentist. The new dentist had to x-ray my teeth again, even though Dr. McMillan’s office had tried twice (The new dentist,reviewed the x-rays and immediately identified that it was my molar tooth that needed to come out. It was loose, and on top of that, right next to the teeth McMillan had filled Adding insult to injury, we later received “registered” mail that came through normal posting,saying he elected to discontinue dental treatment and requested I seek another practitioner. Dr. McMillan failed to identify and fix my dental problem. . I would NOT recommend this dentist.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][1215194].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 12, 2013

The one good thing I can say is that the staff were fairly responsive and pleasant. The bad was that I was not satisfied with the outcome and won't be returning.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][1215193].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 26, 2013

We found Dr. MacMillan through a friend's recommendation and we are very lucky for that. Our son has been a bit afraid of dentists but actually enjoys going to see Dr. MacMillan. Dr. MacMillan is an extremely good and caring dentist and has a great sense of humour. His staff are all very kind,friendly and professional also which says a lot about the focus of this practice. Our son has had some dental issues and Dr. MacMillan got to the bottom of things, fixing what had been missed by others and leaving our son with a clean bill of health for the first time. He will keep going here even though he now lives in a different city. Our other son who lives in Victoria has started going to him also. We really like this practice and Dr. MacMillan is wonderful. We highly recommend it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1215192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2012

Dr. McMillan is by far the best dentist I have ever had. His staff is friendly and professional and Dr. McMillan always explains what he is doing. I highly recommend Dr. McMillan as an outstanding family dentist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1215191].votes_count ]]