Ratings for Dr. Dayle Sigesmund

The long wait is ridiculous, and the office waiting area is even more ridiculous. Invest in a water cooler. Invest in a fan. Perhaps more chairs even. We've been seeing Dr Sigesmund since our daughter was 3, and she ran tests and just told us that she didn't need surgery. We were to see her every 6 months. Nothing else. No diagnosis or course of action. Just wait and see if eventually we'll need surgery. My daughter's eye condition has been affecting her concentration, reading, and making her very tired (eye strain). Fast-forward to now, daughter is 5.5 and a friend who is an optometrist took one look at her and diagnosed her. With some eye therapy, her condition can get better and there's hope to 'fix' this or at least improve. Dr. Sigesmund did not provide us with any option of therapy. We went in blindly and I wonder how many other patients could improve their kid's situation through therapy and not surgery. My confidence in this doctor went from super high to super low - I'm very skeptical now.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I recently underwent surgery with Dr S. I can attest to the fact that punctuality, and office management are not the greatest- but I am an adult who can easily occupy her time - I understand how difficult it is with children. She is very popular, and probably is one of the few specialists who do strabismus work, hence the delays and such. She would probably benefit from having another Dr there full time, or a full time assistant who can do the eye testing for her before she sees the patient re: surgery etc (but then this might upset people who want to see her specifically)? She may need to designate one day a week for post op - only. and then the rest of the week can be normal consults - but I think additional office staff who are trained to help in the eye testing area - could be a big help. That being said, I would still recommend her because her bedside manner is excellent, knowledge base is vast, she truly is awesome - despite the long wait times.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Just got in from my 16 month old sons first appointment for a blocked tear duct. Initial appointment was at 2 however it was moved to 11am. I was advised of a 1 to 2 hour wait time over the phone. When I arrived on time I was told by reception 30 to 40 minutes which was completely inaccurate from the get-go. Long story short I waited 2.5 hours to see her. I am personally okay with this as she is a specialist and they do need to overlook for emergencies. However any longer than this is hard to handle. What makes it most difficult however is the difficulty they have accommodating all the children and parents (and maybe an extra set of hands like grandparents) in their office space. It's overcrowded, stuffy, and not kid friendly. This was surprising as she is one of the only paediatric opthamologist who is obviously highly in demand. It's unfortunate that the office does not reflect the population she serves...KIDS. I am okay with a long wait if advised of such.....but I am not okay with the how she neglects the environment in which her practice is run. There were children and parents in the halls due to the overcrowding and I was so hot and uncomfortable. Maybe the conditions of her office are out of the doctors control but it is unfortunate given the population she serves. I believe patients and their parents would be much happier if the office was more kid friendly and spacious. This doctor I found had great bedside manner however. I did not feel rushed with her. I am a health care professional myself so I cannot complain about her knowledge base and how she spoke with me about my son's condition. I would advise others to seek other options (if available) simply due to the wait times and the conditions you are forced to wait in with your little ones.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

We've seen her five times, yes she is very busy, but she's also patient, knowledgeable, and thorough. She's very good at dealing with kids. She did bilateral strabismus surgery nine days ago on my 22 month daughter. When I called her with a concern two days post op she fit us in that day. She recognized my daughter's double vision and issues, and fixed them. 9 days post op my daughter is seeing things like it's the first time. She's in awe. She's so happy and healing up great. Dr Sigesmund also explained things very thoroughly to me and my mom ,prior to surgery. Yes there is often a long wait, as she's an in demand knowledgeable specialist. I've dealt with many specialists for myself and my daughter lately. If they're a specialist and good at what they do, there will be a wait. We always go prepared with food and entertainment for my toddler as I do at any specialist appointment........... Great doctor

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

disorganized and unprofessional office. Should not be seeing children. Much better options in Toronto, Ontario.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

worst doctors office ever, takes pride in stating more than 2 hours wait time, waited for 2 hrs and still get my turn, when asked to reschedule they gave me date after one month! dirty and over crowded too!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

absolutely the worst office for time management. I hate taking my son, the constant wait time is insane and you can't call and leave a message to check on anything because NO ONE will return your call. You are told instead to be lucky you got in to see her. Then when you have to go to the hospital for her equipment to be used there - its even a worse experience. Try to get another referral.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

If you have unlimited patience, then you might be able to tolerate. Please if you have any other options, see someone else. I'm not just saying it, there is literally a 2-4 hour wait once you get here. Her knowledge doesn't make up for the worst office I have ever been in. Honestly, if you see her and choose to ignore every bad review on here, its your own fault

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I would HIGHLY suggest getting another referral if your Doctor refers your child here. We were told it would be a 1-2 hours wait when the appointment was booked (which was already ridiculous) and then we actually waited 4 HOURS to see her! Her waiting room was full and trickled into the hallway which resembled a hospital ER. It's nearly all children waiting and they don't have any toys, books, etc. to assist parents in keeping them content for such an absolutely unacceptable wait time. Children were bored and restless and began running in the hallway and the Receptionist actually had the odacidy to come and ask us to keep them quiet because there are other offices along the hall. The Receptionists were both rude, unhelpful and unprofessional (one of them actually walked around in bare feet behind the desk). The waiting room was small, super hot, completely unorganized and chaotic. Dr. Sigesmund was ok when we FINALLY met with her but she was frazzled, rushed and talked a mile a minute. She even left the examination room at one point to take a personal phone call?! Unbelievable. We had VERY low expectations going into this appointment because of what we had read and it still fell WELL below that. Specialist or not this practice has zero respect for its clients time, comfort and how it is to keep little children happy and context for such unexplainable wait times. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Worse office and Dr ever. Waited 4 hrs. She wanted to shut the kids up in the waiting room with giving them lolly pop. Said they are too loud it's awful how much noise they make !!! What is awful is the management of this office not the poor 3 years old wIting for 4 hrs. Been here for 4 hrs

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016