Ratings for Dr. Dayle Sigesmund

So unorganized! You wait for Min of 3 hours. Way overbooked and no time for patient !

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

I had my appointment today at 2pm for my 2 year old toddler. Arrived there on time, the tiny waiting room was full of patients who were also waiting to be seen, how I later found out since 12 pm. I GOT OUT AT 7 PM!! How is this in any way a professional or remotely organized appointment system? it took 4 hours before my son was seen. Why did I even bother to book an appointment after all? 4 hours! Absolutely ridiculous! The staff will completely ignore you and not give you any info as to real waiting times. If you get a referral to this office, change it, I am not joking, it is not worth wasting half a day for a single appointment, I know for sure I will not go there again. Dr Sigesmund seemed very knowledgeable, but I am sure there are other highly skilled professionals who actually respect their patient and don't have ridiculous waiting times. She was running back and forth between 3 consult rooms seeing a few patients at the same time, but, as I noticed, never changing gloves or washing hands. I am not putting my son through this ordeal again.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I don't disagree with the complaints about wait time, and the staffing issues. The issue is that Dr S is trying to do multiple jobs at once - consult with patients, test patients, operate on them, follow up with them - and it is a lot to do for one doctor. She does have some assistants but it needs to be consistent help. Maybe she will start to follow up on a different day in her practicing hospital, taking away some pressure from her staff. I still think she is amazing, and my surgery went so well that I am sad I had to wait until I was almost 30 to get it done. As for the bored kids, I empathize because these kids are not young enough to keep themselves entertained for such long wait times. :(

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr. Sigesmund has worked with my daughter since my daughter was diagnosed with severe strabismus at the age of 2. We've gone through glasses, patching and surgery. My daughter's eyes look normal and she has driving vision thanks to Dr. Sigesmund. Yes, the wait times are long, and YES, her staff can be less than professional. However, Dr. Sigesmund herself is amazing and really is a miracle worker. We'll continue to drive the distance to see her, spend the time in the waiting room and put up with the staff as we have our full confidence in her skills.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

The complaints on here are absolutely ridiculous! Even from our very first appointment, we were told about long wait times and came very well prepared. My daughter, who is now 8, has been passed around from specialist to specialist since she was 2. Dr. Sigesmund has been a godsend to us as not only did she take them time to actually observe what was going on, did 2 bilateral strabismus surgeries on my daughter with ZERO complications, she has also been accessible over the phone for the slightest concerns I have had. Having to travel 3+ hours each way for each appointment was a little daunting and unwanted at first but I couldn't be more pleased! The drive and the waiting time has been well worth it! Thank you Dr. S for being the only to take the time to help my daughter! Thank you for everything you have done and continue to do! Shawna and Aiyanna P.s. I really can't wrap my head around all the complaints after seeing everything that we witness. Every single time we are here, people are complaining about their children having to wait yet I don't see a single parent bringing much to entertain their children! We regularly bring down markers, crayons and paper for all the children to use, leave our stuff behind to help parents occupy them, and bring a tablet down to watch shows such as paw patrol with all the other children (WiFi provided by the office). Don't complain about the times if you can't even bring your stuff to entertain your children

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I have never written any review any doctors. However I was moved to do so for this doctor. My son's appointment was for 12:45, straight up we were advised on the phone of the 2 hour wait. I came prepared with books, food, toys etc as i have a toddler. He was not seen until 5:00! I'm a very patient person as I am a nurse by profession and i know firsthand the state of our health care system. This wait time is certainly worse than St Mikes ER on a saturday night.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Sigesmund for my entire life. She's an amazing doctor and is extremely knowledgeable. Wait times to see her may be long, but she's one of the few specialists in Toronto, therefore has multiple patients. She's running around her office throughout the entire day trying to see everyone, as still is always as accurate as can be. I admit her staff can be rude, however Dr. Sigesmund herself is kind and helpful. Furthermore, the comments for this doctor are unjustified in regards to the fact that, again, she is a specialist, and that you are seeing this her through a free health care system. Beggars can't be choosers.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

She's good at what she does but has zero respect for people's time. If you're as busy as she is, you should at least make the effort to be in hospital/office before your patients scheduled appointment times.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Until this paediatric ophthalmology practice figures out how to keep patient visits under 3 hours out of respect for children and their families, they deserve a failing grade.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

My daughter and granddaughter went to this doctor and waited for hours and hours and still did not get in to see the doctor. Assistant was rude and told them to tell the doctor that they were next to bump people who had been waiting even longer. They immediately left after that. Unreal.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017