Ratings for Dr. Dayle Sigesmund

Dealing with Dr. Sigesmund and her office is definitely by far the worst experience I have had with any doctor. Rather than rant about my frustrations, I will list them in a very concise fashion here: 1. Almost every time you go there, unless you have one of the first appointments of the day, you are waiting 2-3 hours. 2. Clearly the office is making good money if they are that busy, yet only an abacus and a few books are provided for entertainment for all the kids waiting 3 hours for their appointment. Many times, you have to sit in the hallway because the office is overflowing. 3. Many times appointments are cancelled last minute as she is not in the office, after booking time off work to go downtown to see her. 4. Many times we have to go back unnecessarily because she couldn't take readings and required drops in the eyes. Why not just do the drops in the first place if it continues to happen every time? 5. Generally the reception staff seems impatient and off putting. Not a welcoming environment. All in all, in my humble opinion, Dr. Sigesmund has zero respect for anyone else's time. This is perfect example of today's age where doctors have no concern for bedside manner or patient satisfaction, it's all about how many people (ie. how much money) they can pump through office in a day and not inconvenience themselves or lose a dime waiting a single second for anyone else. Unfortunately there don't seem to be many pediatric ophthalmologists around, so options are limited, and it would seem they know this quite well, as she didn't seem concerned at all when I mentioned perhaps going elsewhere. Highly recommend finding someone else if you can.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I have no idea what will happen the day Dr. Sigesmund retires. She has done 3 strabismus surgeries on my daughter and we might need one more. It is a brutal painful process for parents and their children. But she is amazing at what she does.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

I just want to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to Dr. Dayle Sigesmund for doing the Bilateral Strabismus for my 2 year old daughter this last monday June 13, 2016. All went well and successful. More power to you Dr. Sigesmund and God bless.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

I'm stymied by some of the other reviews I've seen about this doctor. Over the course of a number of years, the Doctor saw our daughter twice. All other times were by assistants. Then again - it's hard to see patients when they are booked for appointments with the Doctor, show up for the appointments only to be told afterwards the Doctor will not be in the office. Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. We didn't want to wait around for it to happen a third time.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

She is the best! She has done my strabismus surgery and it all went perfectly well...if ahe is busy that is for a reason! You need to see a specialist the you have to wait!!!!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Recently I was rushed into the ER woth a ruptured cornea , Dr Sigesmund was on call, not only did she come quick but she had me in surgery and recovering in hours, since then she cared for me daily, monitoring my eye very closely , doctors don't get credit when credit is due, she saved my eye sight .... I am forever greatful ... Thank you Dr Sigesmund, you are amazing at what you do and the world needs more like you, ignore the negative comments because they have no clue James

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Even I go 30 min earlier than my appointment time, 3 hours is minimum wait time. Totally over-booked and most patients are kids and totally unacceptable to have kids be patient for 3+ hours. Most importantly she rushes through one room to the other and suspect her judgement in 5 minutes is correct. Asked us to come back in 3 months again. Yesterday they called me that she is not working on the appointment day so need to reschedule. They did it to me twice in last 4 visits.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

To make a long story short, Dr Sigesmund, lacked judgement and compassion. She was quick to jump to conclusions without thorough research. I had a terrible experience with her and was very stressed by her behaviour. My child was examined by her 3 to 4 times, and she was unable to give my child the proper eye prescription. We finally found a new eye doctor, and we are extremely happy. The new doctor is patient, friendly, compassionate, and took the time to explain my child's condition to us. What a world of difference! So glad we left.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Well, I have read the reviews below but, other then an extremely long wait, I cannot say enough about the treatment I received before and after my operation. Dr. Sigesmund took the time to patiently explain to me exactly what was going to happen during my operation. At the end of an unbelievably busy afternoon and it was quite late in the day, Dr Sigesmund took the time to help me find a telephone number which I desperately needed to contact family !! To say she went above and beyond what was required would be an understatement. As for the staff, every single time I have phoned them and seen them in person which was twice, they have been extremely helpful to me and also explanatory when needed. In fact, because I had been concerned the day after the operation, and phoned her office, because I had bleeding still in my eye, the staff made sure that Dr. Sigesmund knew what had happened and Dr. Sigesmund took the time to call me at home to talk with me and explain what was happening. B. In fact, Dr Sigesmund went one step further, since I was not home when she called, she asked me to return the call and have her interrupted if she was in a meeting. I think Dr. Sigesmund is absolutely wonderful and I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone. The only negative in my experience with Dr. Sigesmund, was the extremely long wait but well worth it in the long run!!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Absolute worst experience at a doctors office yet. Left after waiting 2 hours.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015