Ratings for Dr. Robert L. Gattuso

when in to see dr gattuso, looking for new local doctor for my family, a woman behind the desk, who either appeared to be his wife or office manager was so rude, I can only assume the doctor to be rude with allowing this type of person to be the face of his office, needless to say I will not take my family to him

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I too am sad to say that I have left Dr. Gattuso's practice after 20 plus years. He used to be a very caring individual but within the last two or three years, he has become unavailable to me. I could not get a timely appointment, I dreaded calling his office, could not talk to him between office visits about health issues. I needed paperwork completed and it took two weeks to get it. I tried to clear the air in a last ditch attempt to keep seeing him, got a terse message to say so long so I am sadly moving on. In the past, I trusted my whole family to his care and he was really good. Now, I get the impression that no one there cares if you come or go. So sad.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Sad to say that I have been with the dr. for 23 years. He did a great job with me for a long time, but in recent years, he is not available to me when I need him. He is not prompt with his paperwork, his staff is so rude and surly, I dread calling his office. He is really a nice person, but being nice doesn't mean he is doing his job. With much concern I may have to leave his practice and seek someone whom I can count on.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

The staff at this office is rude and extremely unorganized. This office has no answering service or machine so there is no way to leave a message. I stopped going to this office due to the staff, after being a patient for almost 5 years. Dr. Gattuso is nice and polite, but needs an entire new staff to run this office. The billing staff is the worst of all. She talks down to you like she knows everything there is to know about insurance billing. She doesn't though, because I do the same thing for a living. Statements are rarely sent out and then when I do get one there is a large balance that I am expected to pay immediately. DISORGANIZED AND RUDE STAFF IN THE PRACTICE.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

After 25+ years with Dr. Gattuso I am changing my Primary Care Physician. Dr. Gattuso is great, but the practice has completely changed. You can rarely get same day appointments, can't get through phone lines without repeatedly calling and being put on hold and often forgotten. And the icing on the cake---seeing a Nurse Practitioner who is very nice but leaves you feeling like you were the Doctor! Actually asked what medication I prefer AFTER telling me there was no infection??????? Not feeling like she was very competent-looking to change! I think there is more concern with $$$ these days and less with patient relations.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

After my experience I am surprised to see any positive ratings on this doctor. He is never on time, spends 2-3 mins at most even with a new patient like me, and then runs to another patient. The tests he ordered I never was called back about, never was told if they were good/bad. He will not see you for illness unless he does a physical first, which is a separate appointment. I suspect insurance pays more for physicals than for illness appt. His staff is the worst. Promise you something, never do. When you go in they act as they never promised anything. Horrible, just horrible experience.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2010

I am the last of my family still with Gattuso and I am gone now. I saw him for a reaction. Given a shot,told to remain off work due to possible reaction,prescribed steroid-8 pills to be taken together the next morning and then one less each following day.Had reaction to dosage of steroid could not get Gattuso went to Patient First told dosage too high, treated for reaction to medicine. Employer has requested documentation, had to pay another $25 to get them to fill out paperwork and they will not give employer requested documentation. Patient First has been more helpful supplying patient notes. Called Gattuso again - staff was rude and not helpful.He never available only staff and where did they get their medical degree.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010

I was treated disrespectfully by the office staff. I didn't feel that he had a sense of urgency about diagnosing and treating my condition. He also tried to act as a specialist instead of sending me out to a specialist. I finally saw someone else and was properly diagnosed and treated.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2010

Worse office staff in the state of Maryland. The staff is horribly rude and I felt as though the doctor was in a hurry to get to the next patient. I am very surprised that there are any good ratings here, which makes me think that the staff is adding those. If Dr. Gattuso hired all new staff and spent more time with his patients instead of rushing to get to the next patient, then I would give him and his staff a better rating.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2009

Fantastic doctor, great clinical diagnostician. He has seen it all and has saved many lives by catching diseases early. The people of Monkton/Hereford are lucky to have him

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

Dr. Robert L. Gattuso's Credentials

• Ross Univ, Sch Of Med & Vet Med, Roseau, Dominica (Grad. 1985)

Harvard-Pilgrim