Ratings for Dr. James J. Tess

I have been a patient for many years. At first the staff was very nice. Over the last 5 years or more, the staff does not return calls, does not call with information after tests were completed and when called about a specific test, the nurse said everything was normal. I later learned that the test results were not normal and Dr Tess claims he was unaware of the test results. Recently I was sick and I was told to go to a local hospital, that there was nothing Dr Tess could do for me. Really, isn't that what he is there for? Another time I left a message for the nurse that I needed a refill and that a certain medication was not to be called in as it was ineffective, yet she called in the refill for the ineffective rx and it was the the weekend hours and I could not reach anyone to have the correct rx filled. This action caused a weekend of unnecessary pain. Another time there was a serious medical situation and of course I got the nurse who told me she would look into a good referral specialist physician, yet she never called back. I am unsure if Dr Tess contributes to this, or has failed to rid his office of the rude nursing staff. There are countless other stories I could detail. I am looking for another Doctor, which is a shame as I thought he was one of the best many years ago.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

Dr. Tess is one of the most caring doctors I have come across. He takes his time with you and listens to all of your concerns. He also realizes that you know your body better than anyone and takes into consideration what you think about your issues. I would recommend Dr. Tess to anyone who is looking for a caring doctor who will actually listen to you.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

My family and I have been patients of Dr. Tess for over 10 yrs. In the last two yrs the practice has changed. Phone calls are no longer answered by a person but by voice mail. Really? This is a GP's office, not a specialists. Why can't they handle the phones? Sick people like to get a person on the other line to speak to. Forget same day sick appointments, even if your CHILD is sick. The office prefers to prescribe meds over the phone or refer you to immediate care. Really? What do I have a "Family Physician" for then? I wait at least 1hr just to see the Dr. and for what? He now rushes in, spends a quick five minutes...I have timed him, and hurries out. I have recently taken my children to a new M.D. I can NOT believe the difference. Its too bad, because Dr. Tess is a great Dr. I was torn about leaving but we could no longer rely on him. He needs to do an office staff/procedures overhaul. I wont even get into how he sees drug reps during patients appointments.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012

I initially went to Dr. Tess based on great reviews. However, my experiences have not been so positive. First and foremost, the staff. Receptionist's are callous, non-responsive and uncaring. Called on a Thursday for an appointment and receptionist says not until at least maybe Tuesday..OK, but I am very ill. Passes me on to the nurse. Nurse tells my wife "no appointments maybe your husband can go to the ER or Urgent Care. Will call tomorrow to see what we can do." No thank you, took their advice and went to another doctor. Taken right in with the other MD for bronchitis and treated promptly. They did call the next day as I was driving to say come right over. I expressed my displeasure to the nurse(yes you Barb) and in a completely unprofessional tone she stated "I will relay your message to the Dr. and you can have a Happy Easter." Yeah, and I hope your family suffers the way I did.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Tess for many years and he has helped me through many illnesses. Visits me at the hospital everyday and will spend time with you to make you feel comfortable. He is a wonderful doctor and human being. I wish all doctors were like him.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Tess for years now. Mostly healthy, however, have had a couple of medical concerns come up. Everytime Dr. Tess helped me in a very timely and professional manner. I'm blessed to have him for a doctor!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

Been with Dr. Tess since he graduated and started practicing. Wonderful doctor and human being. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

I do not like going to doctors so I put it off but since I have been seeing Dr.Tess I am very comfortable with him. My husband and adult children go to him. I find him communicative and thorough.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

I am very pleased with Dr. Tess. He found an issue with my son that 2 other downtown Dr.'s didn't and one emergency room. He also saw us once when the office was closed and he was working on paperwork because my son was going away to college the next day. Very considerate--very helpful--never feel rushed.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

He is a very knowledgeable dr, eager to listen and not rush you out. I feel he does the most he can for you and if not, he will refer you to someone.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2009

Dr. James J. Tess's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1995)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Orland Park, IL