Ratings for Dr. Calvin Kettner

I had been seeing Dr. Kettner for 17 years and have always found him to be very polite and knowledgeable and have never had any trouble with any of his staff. At my last visit in mid July it was determined I needed to have my contact lens prescription increased slightly. When I got the call that my new contacts were in I asked hubby to pick them up for me. When he got home I found that the left contact prescription was the same as before. I called the office to let them know they had made an error in ordering and was told to just try it anyway. I asked her why I should purchase the same contacts I already had when my prescription had changed. She said it was Dr. Kettner that wanted me to do this and to just try it. I was asked to come in and see the Dr. AGAIN and was left to wait for over an hour. When I asked the "front desk" why I was waiting over an hour I was told that the Dr. had an emergency...I asked at what time that was and they said 4:00. My appointment was at 5:00. I can't think of any "emergency" an Optometrist would have that could possibly set him back over an hour and asked why I didn't receive a courtesy call to let me know he was that late? No reply. When the Dr finally did see me I confronted him with the concept of the emergency and that the gals at the front said there was an emergency. He said there was and emergency, however when I asked him what time this was he said right after lunch. Hmnnnn .... Anyway.... It has now been 8 weeks, my prescription went from "the same" to being increased by 4 times too high and not once was the proper prescription ordered. So, due only to the front staff being unprofessional, rude and feeling all " almighty" , I have had to request my money be refunded so I could start over with a different Optometrist. I have to credit Dr. Kettner for personally calling me regarding my dissatisfaction. What he told me was a clear indication his staff is not honest with him. So, the only blame I have on the doctor for this entire matter is that he is not in tune with how his front staff is handling his patients thus harming his business. Too bad..... business lost because of poor staffing.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I have eye muscle coordination issues and the first optometrist i seen said theres not much i can do except "pencil pushups" so i decided to see Dr. Kettner. For the past while he has been trying out different prescriptions and ultimately directed me to a specialist. He is knowledgeable and does a good of listening to you.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

Good optometrist. Feel he and his staff are pushing the expensive eye map exam, which is an unexpected added expense that is not included in the regular fee.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2011

I like Dr. Kettner very much. He always listens to what I have to say, and he meets all of my needs. It's a good thing that he is so wonderful, because I was really put off by his assistant. She was abrupt and rude. I felt like she was judging me on some of my responces and when she took the pictures of my eyes she threw her hands up in the air, as though I was the worst thing that had happened to her. If I hadn't been going to Dr. Kettner for years already and was confident in him, I would have left immediately. I do not need some assistant judging me. I hope that Dr. Kettner finds someone else who will meet his level.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2009

HE AND HIS STAFF ARE ALL SO KNOWLEDGABLE AND VERY HELPFUL. HE KEEPS THE SAME STAFF FOR YEARS.THANKS FOR EVEYTHING

flag | Submitted May 20, 2008

Dr Kettner was helpful, knowledgeable, and very patient with all my questions. I felt he really listened, and focused on my particular needs, instead of rushing me through a rote exam. Highly reccomended.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2007

Dr. Kettner is a great example of what every doctor should aspire to. He took the time to explain to me why my glasses were incorrect, not just the fact that I needed a different perscription. I felt that he was not pressuring me to buy from him, but genuinely wanted to help. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2007

Dr Kettner was wonderful- well worth the wait! He listened to me and was able to help me with all of my questions. I recommended him to all of my friends because of his patience, compassion and knowledge.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2007