Ratings for Dr. Micaela Fairman-Wright

Well i have been a patient of Dr Fairman Wright for 5+ years,and can say that she is definitley punctual. And although can be harsh with her bedside manner she always speaks the truth. EVEN THOUGH SOMETIMES IT IS NOT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR. But that is what NB needs, Doctors who will take a stand and tell the patients what needs to be said. Being Ex military i have been seen by many different doctors as noone in the CF is assigned a "family Doctor" just any doctor available when you enter the MIR. Fairman wright may not be the most empathetic doctor but she difintley is knowledgeable and punctual.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2012

My wife and I have been patients of Dr. FW for almost 5 years & are very unhappy with her. She is very confrontational, arrogant, uncaring and ignorant. We adopted a child almost 2 years ago and required medicals. She did not touch my wife, palpated my abdomin and requested no blood work. She then proceeded to send a letter to Social Dev stating she would not recommend our adoption since the child has ADHD. His adoption has been very successful. Her statement was " Why would you want a child like that?" My wife went to see her regarding a soar leg. She was told she is over weight and to go home. Thankfully the Dr's in Emerg diagnosed the blood clot that could have killed her. In my 50+ years I have never met and individual with such a lack of professionalism. Our Son will never be exposed to her. The best news we have received is that she is leaving the Hampton area. Hopefully she will no longer have direct contact with patients. At this point we would not take a dead dog to her.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

My fam doc was retiring & my daughter & I needed a new doc. we were recommended to this doc. the first appt went great. But then it all went downhill from there. She is not that easy to get into and if you are 4mins late for your appt you lose it. I was complaining about BAD migrains for along time. She kept telling me once I lose weight then she will help with the head aches.I asked for help with weight loss and she said that its not her department. When we were sick she would tell me there was nothing wrong with us. We spent alot of time at the hospital or clinic to get diagonsed properly. I was in a car accident and she couldnt see me till 2wks later. She has walked out during appts. Now that I have a new doc he has found out that I am diabetic and that what was causing my head aches (sugars were too high) and wants to help me lose weight. I would NEVER recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

I have had many doctors in my life time, but never have I met one that is as rude as dr wright, she won't listen to a word you say. she spends no more then 3 minutes with you then walks out of the room, she is very uncaring and I have quit her totally. would rather go to the walk in clinic, at least they listen to you. on 4 occasion she has insulted me by saying I am fedup with you and I have had enough of you I walk out of her office feeling much worse then before I walked in.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

My first visit with the Dr. was relatively positive. My husband and I went together to meet her and discuss our health-history. She was punctual which I appreciated, however subsequent visits were extremely unpleasant. She was quick to make judgements without doing any basic examination. Her responses were dismissive and condescending. One reviewer commented that she seems bitter which is exactly how I described her to my husband after my second visit. He seemed surprised because in his dealings with her, he found her to be helpful, if not somewhat cursory. Other women I've talked to found her to be dismissive, whereas the men I've talked to seem not to have much complaint. I have to question if she has some issue with women in general. I’ve always relied on clinics and avoided her office, but with a little one on the way, that won’t be an option. I elected to move all of my prenatal visits to my OB and I'm actively seeking a new MD, even if they will only take on my daughter.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

I cry everytime I leave my Dr she is rude and meen she dose not care about feelings it makes me sick to my stomach to even go see her.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

Very punctual and friendly staff. I find going with a list of questions really helps as she tends to rush you out the door. I do like that she tries other lifestyle changes first over prescribing meds. I can understand the complaints from either people, but I would not endure another 2 year wait to find another.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

I've been to Dr Fairman-Wright a few times and I have never felt she has taken me seriously. I had a wicked soar throat one and she pretty much told me to go home and wait it out. I went to and after hour clinic and they prescribed drugs that fixed me up the next day. recently went to her with a 3 week breathing issue. She didn't listen to my chest. Prescribed Fishermens friend and wait it out. Went to a walkin clinic. came home with antibiotic and a puffer. I can imagine what would have happened if I just waited it out.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

She can be offensive in her comments and rigid and cold in her demeanor. She does not listen to your symptoms in a non-judgemental fashion, and will quickly conclude a psychological basis without even a cursory examination. A referal to a specialist or further investigations are never forthcoming. She is dismissive. She is so rushed to keep to her 5-10 minute time allotment, that a thorough history of your complaint is not taken, background information can't be shared, and she doesn't ask questions to obtain more information. She has given incorrect information re: max.dosage of a medication and then appears angry when that faulty information is challenged (by way of a pharmacisit or CPS). She runs her practice like a military operation, and there is no therapeutic doctor-patient relationship established. She is boss, she proclaims her orders/diagnosis and there is no opportunity to question or explore a differential diagnosis. I feel like I don't have a family doctor at all.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

Like others have said, I leave there in tears half the time. I avoid dealing with health problems because I don't want to deal with her. I had to beg to see a specialist and she badmouthed me in my referral (which I saw by accident). She is furious that I went behind her back to a specialist, but what do you do when you have a chronic problem and she tells you it's nothing, and refuses to send you to a specialist. She HATES when you have any opinion regarding your own health. She really wants to make me feel like an idiot, but I know 'Im not an idiot. I too was better off with the walk-in clinics.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010