Ratings for Dr. Paul Milanese

I saw him 20 years ago and he had a majorly negative effect on my life. After hearing me speak for 2 minutes he threw an antidepressant pack in my hand and handed me a prescription. On antidepressants I went off the deep end. I never slept. One night in desperation to sleep I took the whole bottle. I knew I was in trouble and took a taxi to ER. They were getting me to drink charcoal or else pump my stomach. A mean ER doctor who thought he was so special said tat he believed in God and that I should find somet hing to live for. I was so upset as suicide is not something I believe in but I was desperately in pain. I was admitted to the regular hospital beds.Dr. Paul Milanese visited me the next day. He would not admit me to the psyche ward saying he didn't want to expose them to me. I must admit that I was not a very forthcoming warm person then as I was raised by a manipulative narcissistic sociopath. Sharing emotional has taken a while but it is a journey. I left the hospital with no help. I could be dead. It took 7 more years to be diagnosed as Bipolar One Disorder Mixed States. The only psychiatrist I like is the one I have now. She is understanding and treats me like a person. I say avoid Dr. Milanese at all costs. He is mean.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

I liked this Doctor, I thought he was very professional in handling my case. I think he deserves 5 stars. Mainly, I found him to be a very good listener. I was diagnosed previously with Borderline and PTSD, which was accurate. A diagnosis is only a fragmentary suggestion of place in time of a person's psyche. It is for practitioner purposes of documentation not patients because our personalities are subject to change, based on integration of traumatized aspects of personality. Integration work is the responsibility of the client, not the industry of Psychiatry. Medication seeks to control aspects that would otherwise make life difficult to manage for employability, and protection of the person and public. And thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Diagnoses everyone with Borderline Personality Disorder which really means he has no idea of what’s going on. It’s a lazy diagnosis that carries severe stigma to those labelled as such. Will not provide the care everyone deserves

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

I saw Dr. Milanese approximately 12 years ago. My MD sent me to him as I was suffering from depression. After a brief appointment he told me I had BPD and sent me to some workshops and therapy groups, that I did attend. I did not identify with this disorder and returned to his office to tell him this, he told that I was in denial and to just accept the diagnosis. So I asked him to refer me to a doctor who specializes in BPD, he did. I had to pay out of pocket for the new doctor who had me do testing and confirm that I do not even register for BPD. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2017

He has changed my life in so many was he has given me support to face some of my deepest fears and never once did he pass judgement was always reassuring in the choices I made and

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Changed my life best ever and I seen 12 psychiatrists in 8 years

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

I found this Dr. very pleasant to talk to and think that he has an excellent manner about him. He has a certain way about him that makes one feel like you are actually being listened to , he is very good at listening and seems very interested in what you are saying . I liked that and think some of the other Drs. in the Psychiatry ward should take a few pointers from him. I also found him to be friendly and just nice!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

Dr Milanese is the best psychiatrist in the okanagan he diagnosed me with schizoaffective disorder and prescribe me invega after 6 years of being told I had borderline personality disorder and there was no treatment, I finally got my first sense of relief from my illness in years thanks to Dr Milanese I'm now persueing career training and counseling and got my soulmate back :)

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

I had an appointment with Dr Milanese today and generally found him very helpful. There were a few comments I didn't particularly agree with but in all he was the first person in this town to help me after I've been here nearly 7 years. He prescribed me antidepressants, got me set up with appropriate coverage and offered to get me set up with an agency who could do some one on one counselling with me. I was glad to have someone finally listen

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Some people don't deserve the privilege of practicing medicine. Mr. Milanese is one such person.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015