Ratings for Dr. Peter A. Ramirez

I have been seeing Dr. Ramirez for approximately 8-10 years. He listens carefully regarding my issues and has helped me tremendously. The staff are very helpful, friendly, and professional.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

It seems nothing has changed from previous poster. I have been seeing him for 2.5 years and I have had the same impression. He is extremely cold, does not like to prescribe medications. Just there to make a buck. I really would like to make a change to a real caring psychiatrist. I don't know how this guy stays in business. Maybe idiots like me still keep going. But seeing this other post has kind of convinced me I need to seek another more concerned and compassionate doctor. I would not recommend him or his staff. I have had to wait many times over 30 min yet, when 10 min late I was forced to pay extra fee of $25. In another instance cancelled appt previous day and they said it was not 24 hours but 20 hours so was charge $50 more before I could see him and pay another regular office visit fee.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

Cold and unhelpful. I went to him for two years; he misdiagnosed me, put me through numerous harmful treatments, then blamed me when they did not work. I found another doctor who figured me out quickly and properly diagnosed and treated me. He should never have become a psychiatrist, maybe a coroner - a corpse without feelings would be perfect for someone with no compassion.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2010

Dr. Peter A. Ramirez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

• BCBS Illinois