Ratings for Dr. John Bracken

a fantastic doctor with a very caring "bedside " manner

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

Completed all the necessary documentation, waited for more surgical information, no one answers the phone and the phone number to reach the office is a secret.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Dr Braken is very caring Surgeon, cares after surgery too

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Dr. Bracken is a wonderful surgeon. He saved my life by operating expertly. He was also very caring and personable. He made me feel comfortable and at ease. He respected my wishes in making sure my family was there before proceding with the operation. He was also extremely committed to following up with me with regard to another health issue that emerged after the original surgery. He is truly a great surgeon and we are lucky to have him practice here.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

Dr. Bracken is an excellent doctor and a lifelong learner. He used a less invasive surgery technique for my colon cancer, explaining it thoroughly beforehand and not talking down to me in any way. He never rushed me through an appointment, and fielded all of my questions and concerns. I am fortunate to have such a humourous, caring and attentive physician.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

For the last number of years, I've been combating an undiagnosed GI issue. Two weeks ago, we went to Los Angeles we were given a diagnosis and explained that following abdominal surgery, I would be cured. We received documentation and details regarding the results. Yesterday, while awaiting an unscheduled surgery, I ended up in St. Boniface ER due to pain. The ER docs ordered a surgical consult and we were told by the initial resident that chances are they would pull me in for emergency surgery. Then Dr. Bracken came in. Without reading the results, he immediately discounted the findings from Cedar Sinai. He was extremely rude and arrogant and stated he would never perform that surgery as I didn't possess the typical symptoms commonly seen. The fact remains that Cedar Sinai is a world renowned center of excellence and the two doctors who diagnosed me are considered the best in North America. We were even warned by staff that Dr. Bracken is a terrible doctor.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

Dr. Bracken first attended to me when I was admitted for a perforated duodenal ulcer. He was compassionate, allowed me to participate in my own care and was sympathetic to my concerns. He also demonstrated an exceptional sense of humour! He recently repaired a large inguinal hernia (last week) and although painful, I have had no unforeseen difficulty. Excellent Care!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

I attended an appointment with my mother and this doctor is a truly an exceptional, amazing doctor. He demonstrated empathy and sincerity to my mothers' worries. We never felt rushed and he allowed us to ask all our questions. He explained everything at an appropriate level even taking the time to illustrate the gallbladder and liver to better explain the procedure.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2010

Dr. Bracken is an amazing doctor. He is caring, kind and generous. He is extremely knowledgeable and explained everything about my abdominal surgery in detail to the point of making drawings so that I better understood what my surgery entailed. He is well known for correcting massive hernias and other challenging surgeries. He took my case when I had almost given up on finding help. He worked hard to develop a strong trust relationship and to be considerate. I absolutely believe that Dr. Bracken saved my life.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2009