Ratings for Dr. Hagen Klieb

I saw him at sunny Brooke for Jaw dislocation(TMJ) that I had developed weeks back . Firstly he arrived half an hour late for an appointment that was twice cancelled and rescheduled. I was given a bill of 450$ which is not very unusual for a specialist . But ; we were shocked with the bill, as on the phone ,i was clearly told that consultancy will be covered by OHIP and not XRay. The staff told me he has done 45 min assessment and not just a consultancy and charges are 450 . Firstly it wasn’t 45 mins but 25-30 mins that too after half an hour wait and secondly I should hv been told that assessment is being done and will cost so much . My first appointment was scheduled on 12 th April with Dr Kleib and I was told no fee but I have to pay 80$ only for XRAy if doctor says so . Then why after rescheduling after 2 weeks the charges were 450 on pretext of doing assessment without informing the patient ? I am not questioning his manners or knowledge but this is too much for a patient to pay without being informed . We are out of insurance and I feel bad for my husband ( single income ) who had to pay so much . Please inform your patients before doing assessment and inform staff accordingly. This isn’t fair .

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

Patient's update
The doctor is knowledgeable and his bedside manners are good but it was clearly a confusion between staff and doctor . I have been told the error will be resolved soon.

Submitted April 30, 2018

Dr Klieb is the BEST doctor I have ever encountered and I would highly recommend him. He is so knowledgeable, patient and caring. I feel so lucky to have been referred to him. He is simply wonderful.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

His confidence and competence set me at ease and alleviated my anxiety. He was extremely professional, personable, and respectful and I would recommend him to anyone struggling to understand what is going on with their mouth. He gave me choice and explained the pros and cons of each choice. He took as long as I needed to feel comfortable and confident and I trust him. Can't ask for much more.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Nice staff all around, but not much more to say about this doctor in a positive light. He comes across as a young hotshot eager to assign blame to the patient more than discuss pertinent issues. Very disappointed after the cost and the wait with this practitioner. Dr. Klieb, if you don't have answers just be honest instead of spending time belittling/labeling patients and practicing "doctor punishment" with extended wait times for follow-ups. It serves no one.

Submitted February 8, 2018

Dr. Klieb is one of the most thoughtful, competent, compassionate doctors I've had, and I've gone through cancer, so I've come across a lot of doctors and specialists. I have an odd auto-immune problem that's a bit unusual, and he's genuinely interested in it, and me as a patient. He never rushes, is extremely thorough in his examinations, then he gives me time to think about what questions I might have, returns and answers each and every one of them. He even shares his thoughts on general well-being, above and beyond what many doctors might do. He's a really lovely, generous-spirited person. I feel so lucky to have been referred to him and I've been seeing him for about 3 years. I actually look forward to seeing him. I feel like I'm in the best possible hands with Dr. Klieb.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

If you get a chance to meet with Dr. Klieb, don't ever refuse it. He is a good doctor who knows his subject and actually tries to learn about your issue and diagnose it correctly. He also treats the patient unless the rest of the educated goofs who are a waste of time. Dr. KIieb is pleasant, explains the problem and makes sure to have follow-up visits that are meaningful. I am very happy with Dr. Klieb and you will be too. Previously met with Dr. Poonam Rajan a dermatologist and another dermatologist Dr. Wadid Abadir ( both not from SunnyBrook). Neither of them actually treated me, and I must say that Dr. Wadid was so bad, I will say he is ignorant about dermatological issues and should be avoided at all costs.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

I have been going to Dr. Hagen Klieb for many years (maybe 17 years) and I have found him to be the best doctor I have ever been to. I agree fully with all the positive remarks on here. The negative remarks from October 6, 2016 must be a mistake! They must have got the doctor's name wrong. If this was an emergency to see someone sooner, then just had to phone and explain the urgency and they will give you an earlier appointment. I have done this and most often they have another spot for me. Dr. Hagen Klieb is patient, caring, kind and very informative. I go to him 3 or 4 times a year from Alliston for me serious, incurable condition. My dentist advised me to stay with him, because he is the best there is for me.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Fine practioner. Truly interested in his patients and goes that extra mile. Deeply impressed by him.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

A wonderful and supportive person. I enjoy seeing him. I have also had good results which is probably a combination of good luck and the good care i have received...

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

Met with Dr. Kleib and was really happy with the appointment. He was so patient with us, answered all of our concerns, explained everything in great detail all the while reassuring us. He has a sense of humour and we were totally at ease with his manner. Mind you, it was all good news and I could have kissed him!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017