Ratings for Dr. Philip Stieg

After my mothers surgery - Stieg went MIA most of the time cause the surgery he said "was a walk in the park" went bad while my mom was on the table. Until we threatened to contact the Hosp administrators did Stieg finally take us seriously and returned phone calls and actually showed up to my mothers bedside. I guess he's only good when he can outright show his arrogance and claim he has saved so many lives. Well...I guess we saw another side of the "great" doc when his walk in the park made my vibrant mother basically a vegetable and wheelchair bound and in and out of the hospital for the 6 months she was alive after his "walk in the park". Unbelievable how callous and uncaring and arrogant this man was and is. Stay far far away and research other neuro surgeons. There are so many better ones out there.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

My husband just had surgery with Dr. Stieg. He suffers from Trigeminal Neuralgia. We were very pleased with Dr. Stieg, his staff and his ability to make you trust him. He is down to earth, friendly and knowledgeable. We researched many doctors for this surgery and when we met with Dr.Stieg, we were immediately confidant in his ability to do the procedure called a craniotomy for MVD surgery. It's only been 2 weeks but Dr. Stieg is confident he has relieved the excruciating pain my husband was in. Thank God we found Dr. Stieg.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

I thank G-d for Dr. Stieg every day. I was referred by a woman I have never even met (only spoken to via telephone) but she could not say enough wonderful things about him. After consulting with a total of five neurosurgeons, I knew immediately that he was the one I would choose. Dr. Stieg explained the procedure in detail and addressed all of my questions and concerns so that by the time I left I was completely confident in his knowledge and ability. It has been six months since my surgery and thanks to his expertise, I feel great! His nurse and staff followed up with me and are always there to help with any concerns even though I live in a different state. I would (and already did)Highly recommend this Dr. to anyone needing his expert neurosurgery. He is the best.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

dr steig saved my mothers life! He offered her a sugery that no other doctor would do,an awake craniotomy. dr stieg was our second opinion and after comparing him to another sergeon we knew he knows his stuff! God bless Sr Steig!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011

Attentive, excellent neurosurgeon with compassion, wit and thoroughness. Sometimes his office backs up for hours from emergency surgeries and then he might not offer as much time to the individual patient in the office and he can be brusk. But he always apologizes. The staff is compassionate and professional.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2009

Dr. Philip Stieg's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1983)

Veterans Administration