Ratings for Dr. Nadia Jilwah

Honestly, after reading all of the reviews about this physician I was thinking about cancelling my appointment. Boy, am I glad I didn't! She was absolutely fantastic. She was knowledgeable, kind and funny. She made sure I was 100% satisfied with the course of action taken to treat my condition before I left her office. After meeting her, I am shocked anybody would have anything negative to say about her.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Dr. Jilwah was the on-call doctor when I was in labour with my daughter in September 2016. I had been warned about her, but unfortunately she was the one on call. My labour was very quick, she came in while I was pushing, introduced herself, then went to change into her scrubs. My daughter was crowing and I was told I had to wait until she arrived. TWENTY MINUTES later, she finally came back. She then forced me to deliver my daughter on my back (which I adamantly did not want to do). My daughter had a large hematoma on her head that lasted for weeks due to sitting in my birth canal while I was told to wait. Knowing what I know now, I would have asked for a resident. If she is on call with my next child, I would prefer to deliver with the nurses only! The only positive thing was after I delivered her, I hemorrhaged quite badly and she took good care in stopping the bleeding and ensuring I was alright.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

DO NOT GO TO THIS EVIL WITCH. I’ve been telling jilwah I wanted to have a natural birth since the day I met her, but she just kept shoving the idea of having a csection down my throat. I was a couple of hours into my labour when she comes into my room telling me that my baby will have brain damage if I don’t hurry up to have a csection, without any explanation whatsoever. I told her I wanted to talk it over with my husband and she handed me a sheet saying if anything happened to my baby it was on me. No compassion, she didn’t make me feel comfortable, she didn’t explain anything. I ended up having a csection because she scared the life out of me talking about my baby having brain damage. My husband wasn’t allowed in the room, THE WORST EXPERIENCE WITH THIS EVIL WITCH. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO SEE HER

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Lacking common knowledge and professionalism as a care provider. She should choose a new career.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

She is straight forward which I love. She can be behind because she has to deliver babies. She is knowledgable , she has dry sense of humour so take her with a grain of salt

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

DO NOT GO TO HER! Very rude, rushed, and didn't listen to anything I had to say. Also waited 1 1/2 hours in the room, and ended up walking out after she said to take off my pants and she would be right in! Waited 14-20 minutes, then got dressed and had time to leave and talk to the ladies at the front desk and she still didn't appear. Horrible.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

She and her staff are very rude. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Not sure how Dr. jilwah can call herself a gynecologist when she doesn't even know how to properly sew lady parts back together post childbirth. After my daughter was born she proceeded to sew me together without any anesthetic despite me communicating to her that I was in excruciating pain and then sewed me together incorrectly. I had a bad left labial tear that she put one lonely stitch in and the one stitch she did put in connected the wrong tissues together and healed completely separated and was basically falling off my body. Looked like a cleft lip on my left labia. I went to my regular gynecologist for an assessment and she confirmed she had sewed things together improperly and that I would need reconstructive surgery. Had dr. Jilwah taken her time and gave a sh** about her patients this would be a different story. No there were no birth complications, excessive bleeding or lack of blood flow that would have warranted this kind of treatment from her or impaired healing. Based on my experience it is clear dr. Jilwah lacks competence and skill in practice and should receive further training to bring her up to competence. If you have any issues with this doctor I would strongly suggest you contact the college of physicians and surgeons. No other women deserves to go through this type of experience especially when trying to deal with all the life changes that motherhood brings. You should be focusing on being the best mom you can be and not worrying about your lady parts falling off. If you are unfortunate enough to experience this doctor I would strongly suggest you get your regularly gynecologist to assess you before you leave the hospital so you don't discover the horrors of what she has done when you are home alone. At least there might be an opportunity to fix things properly. She didn't communicate anything about what had happened to me she just got up and left the room about 10 minutes after entering (that includes the whole delivery part). Unfortunately, there seems to be a recurring negative theme in the quality of work this doctor provides.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

I went to see her and instantly regretted it. Besides the 2 hour wait, she was extremely rude and judgemental. She was not there as a caring medical professional but rather to judge and put me down. I was referred to her by my family doctor but I will be finding a new OBGYN for the remainder of my pregnancy because she's a terrible person, very rude, and made me feel so terrible just for going to see her. I hope she's not on call when I give birth because I would hate to have her there for the birth of my first child.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

She is a terrible terrible terrible doctor I urge anyone reading this not to use her especially for labor and delivery I gave birth to my 4th and final child 2 months ago and she was horrible she made what should have been an amazing experience that provided me with happy memories into something full of sadness ( other then the fact that have my perfect son...no thanks to her though as the nurses were excellent and could have delivered him) I delivered at sturgeon hospital which was excellent my OB for my entire pregnancy was Dr.Delara who was amazing but she was on call unfortunately she has terrible bed side manner she doesn't listen to requests made by the patient she doesn't do delayed cord cutting and she may or may not let your husband cut the cord depending on how she feels and if she is in a hurry to leave even if you specifically ask for all those things she just won't do it. Terrible terrible doctor.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017