Ratings for Dr. Nadia Jilwah

Not sure how Dr. jilwah can call herself a gynecologist when she doesn't even know how to properly sew lady parts back together post childbirth. After my daughter was born she proceeded to sew me together without any anesthetic despite me communicating to her that I was in excruciating pain and then sewed me together incorrectly. I had a bad left labial tear that she put one lonely stitch in and the one stitch she did put in connected the wrong tissues together and healed completely separated and was basically falling off my body. Looked like a cleft lip on my left labia. I went to my regular gynecologist for an assessment and she confirmed she had sewed things together improperly and that I would need reconstructive surgery. Had dr. Jilwah taken her time and gave a sh** about her patients this would be a different story. No there were no birth complications, excessive bleeding or lack of blood flow that would have warranted this kind of treatment from her or impaired healing. Based on my experience it is clear dr. Jilwah lacks competence and skill in practice and should receive further training to bring her up to competence. If you have any issues with this doctor I would strongly suggest you contact the college of physicians and surgeons. No other women deserves to go through this type of experience especially when trying to deal with all the life changes that motherhood brings. You should be focusing on being the best mom you can be and not worrying about your lady parts falling off. If you are unfortunate enough to experience this doctor I would strongly suggest you get your regularly gynecologist to assess you before you leave the hospital so you don't discover the horrors of what she has done when you are home alone. At least there might be an opportunity to fix things properly. She didn't communicate anything about what had happened to me she just got up and left the room about 10 minutes after entering (that includes the whole delivery part). Unfortunately, there seems to be a recurring negative theme in the quality of work this doctor provides.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

I went to see her and instantly regretted it. Besides the 2 hour wait, she was extremely rude and judgemental. She was not there as a caring medical professional but rather to judge and put me down. I was referred to her by my family doctor but I will be finding a new OBGYN for the remainder of my pregnancy because she's a terrible person, very rude, and made me feel so terrible just for going to see her. I hope she's not on call when I give birth because I would hate to have her there for the birth of my first child.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

She is a terrible terrible terrible doctor I urge anyone reading this not to use her especially for labor and delivery I gave birth to my 4th and final child 2 months ago and she was horrible she made what should have been an amazing experience that provided me with happy memories into something full of sadness ( other then the fact that have my perfect son...no thanks to her though as the nurses were excellent and could have delivered him) I delivered at sturgeon hospital which was excellent my OB for my entire pregnancy was Dr.Delara who was amazing but she was on call unfortunately she has terrible bed side manner she doesn't listen to requests made by the patient she doesn't do delayed cord cutting and she may or may not let your husband cut the cord depending on how she feels and if she is in a hurry to leave even if you specifically ask for all those things she just won't do it. Terrible terrible doctor.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

SNIDE. How you treat others says everything about you and nothing about them. Let's just say she wouldn't cut it as a nurse.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

My daughter had this Doctor for her first baby. I attended one of her appointments with her as I am her mom. She was absolutely awful. Wouldn't acknowledge me at all. She treated my daughter like a mindless idiot. She was rough and abrupt and caused my daughter great anxiety. She has a superior attitude and made my daughter feel belittled. Eventually, my daughter was induced because she had high blood pressure at the end of her pregnancy. Funny how it only happened when she was in the office with the Doctor. She also treated the hospital nurses horribly. She was so rude to the poor labor and delivery nurses, I felt terrible for them. She is not a team player at all and is all about herself and her gigantic ego. My daughter would never go back to her. She should choose another profession.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Really amazing, first time with a gynaecologist and I felt very comfortable she answers all questions honestly and simply!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Loved her, she was amazing with my daughter and me. She is straight and to the point which I love

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr.jilwah delivers my first baby via c-section in April and was my OB leading up to it. I thought she was a great Dr! I had no issues with her and I thought she was super friendly and funny. Like most Dr. They are busy and you have to go in armed with questions you want to ask as she can't read your mind people! The only down side has nothing to do with Dr. Jilwah but with the clinic and how it is situated. They don't have there own washroom just a public one in the building so when you do your urine test you have to bring it back in the office with you and put it in a tray on the front desk which is kinda gross. Over all I would see Dr Jilwah again she's great and I really liked her nurse too. :)

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Dr Jilwah did my prenatal follow-up and she was amazing !! I don't really get all the bad reviews and would recommend her 100%!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Dr Jilwah saved my life literally. After another Dr did my hysterectomy and missed an infection caused by a bowel issue that sent me into septic shock, she did everything she could to help. Emergency surgery was required and the general surgeon wanted to "saw me in half" to get to the cause of the sepsis but she had another plan. After a few small incisions and 1 week in the hospital recovering I am better. I still need more surgery but not because of her at all. She found a problem that would have killed me and it is being fixed. My previous OBGYN that delivered both of my kids is a very good Dr as well but if anyone thinks Dr Jilwah is curt and to the point, there is far worse out there. I don't go to my doctor for a friendly conversation I go to my doctor for an exam, or because something is wrong. I think people need to lighten up and realize she is not there to touch your tummy and hold your hand and say great things about being pregnant, or hold your hand during procedures ie PAPP. She is there to do a job and yes I am sure it becomes mechanical at some point but as I am sure Dr's of all types have to separate themselves emotionally from their job. Can you imagine if every sad story or emotional visit affected her personally? I am very lucky to have her as my Dr. and I know that I will get clear, concise medical information from her. I will go get a hug from my husband when I get home :)

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017