Ratings for Dr. Tajedin Getahun

I had a hip replacement done by Dr. Getahun who was very attentive and understanding and the results were excellent.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Good surgeon! but not very informative in discussing your personal injury in much detail.. I guess somewhat arrogant for a professional, not great bedside manners (not a peoples person I'm to assume)..

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I saw Getahun at the fracture clinic for a broken ankle. He rushed through my scan and did not stop writing or looking at screens to answer my questions. At one appointment, he walked out of the exam room whilst I was still talking and asking about my recovery. I was not a surgical patient and understand that my case was a simple one to him, however I had basic concerns that were not addressed by him. He saw me for less than 2 -3 minutes at each appointment, but had plenty of time for friendly conversations with his colleagues in the hallway in between patients. As a doctor, he should work on improving his patient care. My case might not have been surgical and was not a high priority to him, but my concerns and recovery was a priority to me, he should recognize that and respect the concerns of all his patients.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

arrogant, does not explain hip replacement procedure, did not even attempt to open the file to pretend he is interested in the x-ray results. when asked about a groin relate pain, he says : "i don't know, i only now about the hip". isn't he an orthopedist for god sake ? nothing human in him. he looks at you as if you are a car.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Dr. Getahun replace my knee approx 1 1/2 ago. He told me I would get better quicker if I did my exercises constantly. He was right. I was able to golf approx 10 weeks after surgery. He is a very patient and kind man. He always has been very considerate of how I am feeling and what level of pain I had. I barley have a scar...His secretary was also very nice to me. Sometimes the way you talk to people makes a huge difference in how they treat you.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

Dr. G is easy going and helped me with my case, my lawyer sent me to him because the insurance company didn't believe I was injured and my family dr wasn't very helpful.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

Dr. G is an awesome Surgeon. He did my Mom's complete knee replacement at 85 years of age and she is recovering well. WE --- should all feel blessed that Dr. G is with us in Canada and has not left for the US. On the matter of his secretary, I can only say this --- you try picking up the phone and dealing with miserable people for a living. Just try it!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I ended up being worse after surgery than before. Recommended me to get double-knee replacements by the age of 40! Recovery time took a lot longer than expected, couldn't walk more than half a block before pain and knee locking up. Secretary was a grade A jerk. If this was the US I would sue this joke of a surgeon, he shouldn't be allowed to practice... Talked to a lady at the hospital who also had Getahun work done and has also had nothing but issues ever since. Avoid this jerk at all costs, he will ruin your life.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I was referred to this Dr after fracturing my elbow. I have only seen him in the hospital. He rushes through each patient (spending less than 10 min) and does minimal assessment. I had to have a form completed in order to return to work. The only thing his receptionist is concerned with is money. She was rude and unaccommodating on the phone.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr. Getahun has replaced both of my knees and my left hip. He recently replaced my husband's right knee. Doctor Getahun is very knowledgeable and has always been helpful and friendly. He answers all of our questions. We have always gotten along very well with his receptionist. She is always friendly to us and helps us rearrange any schedule that is needed. We have found over the years that a patient gets treated as well as they treat the staff. We are very pleased with the results we have obtained through being patients of Dr. Getahun.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014