Ratings for Dr. Tajedin Getahun

Disappointing! I felt rushed. Didn't take any time to explain the radiology report. Abrupt with replies. Talks down to you. Not helpful. Basically said my ankle is healed, start physio. 8 weeks later and I now have doubts that it is healed because of how it feels. Asked for radiology report and it states that no callus formation is seen. That tells me it wasn't healed ( in my non-professional opinion), and I shouldn't have been doing the type of exercises that I have been doing. Needs to learn relational skills and compassion. Not going back to him. Seeking another Dr.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

I don’t understand the comments I’ve read below. I just had a total knee replacement with Dr. T Getahun and everything went well. He is very professional and answered all my questions. He may come off as abrupt but I welcome this instead of the candy coding information. And he is the only surgeon I know who keeps to the scheduled surgery time so that you aren’t sitting there agonizing over what’s to come.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Abrupt, no time for patient, blurted out a diagnosis contradictory to radiologist, no explanation and told to google it

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

I had a hip replacement in May and Dr Getahun did an amazing job, my recovery was outstanding and the scar healed beautifully. I liked his personality and felt very comfortable in his care. Now, on to the other hip !!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Didn't like him he didn't spend 2 minutes with me he didn't explain anything

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Terrible experience! Did not even explain what my injury means after glancing at the x-ray briefly. No comment at all or explain what it means. Just said I would be alright. Very unprofessional. Avoid at all cost. He should not be practicing at this fracture clinic. It tarnishes Trillium Mississauga Hospital's image and reputation. And he teaches???

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

I had arthroscopic knee surgery in May 2015- and was up and walking the following day! I really valued and trusted Dr. Getahun's professionalism. His secretary worked very hard to get me into cancellation appointments every time I needed a consultation etc. Right knee scheduled for November 29- looking forward to the same awesome experience !

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

The receptionist is extremely rude but nevermind that, Dr. Getahun lacks sympathy and has a terrible beside manner with his patients. I need a total hip replacement for both hips and Dr. Getahun failed to mention that it would be 2 seperate surgeries. He was very uninformative and pretty much told us to Google the condition and operation and let him know if I had any further questions. I urge you to get a second opinion or not even waste your time on this joke

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I had a hip replacement done by Dr. Getahun who was very attentive and understanding and the results were excellent.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Good surgeon! but not very informative in discussing your personal injury in much detail.. I guess somewhat arrogant for a professional, not great bedside manners (not a peoples person I'm to assume)..

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016