You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Tajedin Getahun

Dr. Getahun replace my knee approx 1 1/2 ago. He told me I would get better quicker if I did my exercises constantly. He was right. I was able to golf approx 10 weeks after surgery. He is a very patient and kind man. He always has been very considerate of how I am feeling and what level of pain I had. I barley have a scar...His secretary was also very nice to me. Sometimes the way you talk to people makes a huge difference in how they treat you.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

Dr. G is easy going and helped me with my case, my lawyer sent me to him because the insurance company didn't believe I was injured and my family dr wasn't very helpful.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

Dr. G is an awesome Surgeon. He did my Mom's complete knee replacement at 85 years of age and she is recovering well. WE --- should all feel blessed that Dr. G is with us in Canada and has not left for the US. On the matter of his secretary, I can only say this --- you try picking up the phone and dealing with miserable people for a living. Just try it!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I ended up being worse after surgery than before. Recommended me to get double-knee replacements by the age of 40! Recovery time took a lot longer than expected, couldn't walk more than half a block before pain and knee locking up. Secretary was a grade A jerk. If this was the US I would sue this joke of a surgeon, he shouldn't be allowed to practice... Talked to a lady at the hospital who also had Getahun work done and has also had nothing but issues ever since. Avoid this jerk at all costs, he will ruin your life.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I was referred to this Dr after fracturing my elbow. I have only seen him in the hospital. He rushes through each patient (spending less than 10 min) and does minimal assessment. I had to have a form completed in order to return to work. The only thing his receptionist is concerned with is money. She was rude and unaccommodating on the phone.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr. Getahun has replaced both of my knees and my left hip. He recently replaced my husband's right knee. Doctor Getahun is very knowledgeable and has always been helpful and friendly. He answers all of our questions. We have always gotten along very well with his receptionist. She is always friendly to us and helps us rearrange any schedule that is needed. We have found over the years that a patient gets treated as well as they treat the staff. We are very pleased with the results we have obtained through being patients of Dr. Getahun.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

He asked me where I worked bended my knee after and told me to come see him in 5 weeks THATS ALL. I came after five weeks after keeping the knee brace on as he advised. I mentioned to him I had pain and weakness he said it was okay and good to go. I got a second opinion on my knee and an MRI which Dr. Tajedin Getahun should have had done in the first place but he didn't. Turns out I had a torn ACL and mincius. All he had to do was get me an MRI but he failed to do so and I had to live life with pain in my knee for over 8 months. He has no clue what he is doing.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

After my car accident Dr. Gethaun and his nurse continuously pushed me to go to a lawyer of their choosing. It was bizarre and I'm wondering what sort of financial arrangement exists here.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Getahun did arthroscopy on my left knee few days ago. I can only say the best about this doctor. Very nice and knowledgeable. Excellent doctor. Highly Recommended!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

Dr. Tajedin Getahun's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Getahun replace my knee approx 1 1/2 ago. He told me I would get better quicker if I did my exercises constantly. He was right. I was able to golf approx..."

September 19, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "L4T0" to "L5B 4A2". Address has been updated from "None" to "71 King Street West". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19058971119".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. G is easy going and helped me with my case, my lawyer sent me to him because the insurance company didn't believe I was injured and my family dr wasn't very..."

April 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. G is an awesome Surgeon. He did my Mom's complete knee replacement at 85 years of age and she is recovering well. WE --- should all feel blessed that Dr. G..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I ended up being worse after surgery than before. Recommended me to get double-knee replacements by the age of 40! Recovery time took a lot longer than expect..."

March 26, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to this Dr after fracturing my elbow. I have only seen him in the hospital. He rushes through each patient (spending less than 10 min) and does..."

March 16, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Getahun has replaced both of my knees and my left hip. He recently replaced my husband's right knee. Doctor Getahun is very knowledgeable and has always b..."

September 8, 2014