Ratings for Dr. Tajedin Getahun

Didn't like him he didn't spend 2 minutes with me he didn't explain anything

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Terrible experience! Did not even explain what my injury means after glancing at the x-ray briefly. No comment at all or explain what it means. Just said I would be alright. Very unprofessional. Avoid at all cost. He should not be practicing at this fracture clinic. It tarnishes Trillium Mississauga Hospital's image and reputation. And he teaches???

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

I had arthroscopic knee surgery in May 2015- and was up and walking the following day! I really valued and trusted Dr. Getahun's professionalism. His secretary worked very hard to get me into cancellation appointments every time I needed a consultation etc. Right knee scheduled for November 29- looking forward to the same awesome experience !

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

The receptionist is extremely rude but nevermind that, Dr. Getahun lacks sympathy and has a terrible beside manner with his patients. I need a total hip replacement for both hips and Dr. Getahun failed to mention that it would be 2 seperate surgeries. He was very uninformative and pretty much told us to Google the condition and operation and let him know if I had any further questions. I urge you to get a second opinion or not even waste your time on this joke

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I had a hip replacement done by Dr. Getahun who was very attentive and understanding and the results were excellent.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Good surgeon! but not very informative in discussing your personal injury in much detail.. I guess somewhat arrogant for a professional, not great bedside manners (not a peoples person I'm to assume)..

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I saw Getahun at the fracture clinic for a broken ankle. He rushed through my scan and did not stop writing or looking at screens to answer my questions. At one appointment, he walked out of the exam room whilst I was still talking and asking about my recovery. I was not a surgical patient and understand that my case was a simple one to him, however I had basic concerns that were not addressed by him. He saw me for less than 2 -3 minutes at each appointment, but had plenty of time for friendly conversations with his colleagues in the hallway in between patients. As a doctor, he should work on improving his patient care. My case might not have been surgical and was not a high priority to him, but my concerns and recovery was a priority to me, he should recognize that and respect the concerns of all his patients.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

arrogant, does not explain hip replacement procedure, did not even attempt to open the file to pretend he is interested in the x-ray results. when asked about a groin relate pain, he says : "i don't know, i only now about the hip". isn't he an orthopedist for god sake ? nothing human in him. he looks at you as if you are a car.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Dr. Getahun replace my knee approx 1 1/2 ago. He told me I would get better quicker if I did my exercises constantly. He was right. I was able to golf approx 10 weeks after surgery. He is a very patient and kind man. He always has been very considerate of how I am feeling and what level of pain I had. I barley have a scar...His secretary was also very nice to me. Sometimes the way you talk to people makes a huge difference in how they treat you.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

Dr. G is easy going and helped me with my case, my lawyer sent me to him because the insurance company didn't believe I was injured and my family dr wasn't very helpful.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015