Ratings for Dr. Kristina Zakhary

I was in serious need of a nose job and had a rhinoplasty done by Dr Zakhary. She told me up front that she could not totally guarantee the result because a lot of it depends on how I heal, but in the end my result was outstanding. It changed my life. This is what I learned that can hopefully help the readers - so many rhinoplasty surgeons claim to be the most talented, the best way to judge is to ask to see before and after pictures. However, the "after" pictures have to be at least 6 weeks after the procedure. By then, a lot of swelling is gone and you see a real result. I visited 3 plastic surgeons in Calgary, and none of them were willing to show me as many pictures as Dr Zakhary. She has done so many rhinoplasties. I chose her and I was not disappointed at all. I Highly recommend this doctor if you are looking to get a rhinoplasty.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Dr. Kristina Zakhary's response
Thank you for your kind review. We are always happiest when our patients are happy and pleased with their results. It is my goal to try to give you a positive experience from initial consultation to final follow up appointment. I agree with you that viewing before and after photos is a key part of your decision making process since it will give you an idea of the surgeon's work and results. It is also encouraged to ask as many questions as you can in order to feel confident and comfortable when you are making your decision to proceed with surgery. Thank you again for your kind words.

Submitted April 29, 2016

I had a rhinoplasty with dr. Zakhary back in October. From the first consultation to the surgery and follow up appointments Dr. Zakhary made me feel comfortable and answered any and all of my questions. She shows how much she cares about her patients and there wasn't a time where I couldn't get ahold of her or one of her staff members. Shelby was so kind and helpful and Stephanie always answered any of my questions and was accommodating. It's been 6 months since I've had my surgery and I can honestly say I love my nose. I would highly recommend Dr. Zakhary to anyone. Thank you Dr. Zakhary and staff!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Zakhary for over the past 8 years for my botox treatments. I would not trust anyone else with my face! I send many friends and family to her for treatments and for surgical procedures

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

The best doctor in town, compassionate and caring. She takes her time and that could be a reason why she may not always be on time. She is giving the person in front of her undivided attention. I have met this doctor and also had surgery with her for a facelift. She is always just an email away and you can even email her secretary if you have any issues. She spent so much time on the phone with me before and after my surgery. She always replies back within an hour, even on the weekends. From the first phone call, til the last appointment, they are so pleasant and so caring. A good team and a rare thing to find. I come from a family of ladies getting plastic surgery and we have seen them all. All the best to you Dr. Zakhary (I don't know if you read these) and to your staff too.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I had a horrifying experience with Dr. Zakhary. She performed a lip lift on me, which left me with grotesque hypertrophic scarring (raised and wide) smack in the middle of my face. Someone even asked if I was born with a cleft lip or had an accident! And this is after a COSMETIC procedure?! Please stay far away. This woman is unethical and doesn't know what she is doing. I now have to see a reconstructive surgeon who mostly deals with accident and burn victims to try and fix the mess Dr. Zakhary created.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Dr. Kristina Zakhary's response
Dr Zakhary is sorry to know that you had an unfavourable scar following your cosmetic surgery procedure. Scarring is unfortunately beyond the control of the surgeon or patient. Dr Zakhary is a dedicated Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgeon and Facial Cosmetic Surgeon who is trained exclusively in Surgery of the Head and Neck as well as Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. She is highly experienced, American Board Certified in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and practices exclusively in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. As a Head and Neck and Facial Surgeon, she has more training in the Head and Neck and Facial areas than a general plastic surgeon would have, as general plastic surgeons often do not train in exclusively facial plastic surgery, but rather are trained and practice in general plastic surgery of the entire body, including breast, hands and abdomens. Dr Zakhary does everything in her ability to ensure good scar healing following her surgeries, including meticulous placement of incisions, careful closure if the wound in layers, and expert suture technique. If a patient has an unfavourable scar, Dr Zakhary will do her best to improve the appearance of it, using such options as topical ointments, intra-scar injection, laser treatments if applicable and scar revision if needed. This was surely the case with you. Scar healing is not related to doctor ethics, or skill and expertise, and is entirely related to the healing process. It is important for any cosmetic surgery patient to be fully informed of the benefits, limitations and risks of surgery and the possible options for treatment in the event of unfavourable outcome. It is also important for the patient to have reasonable expectations for the surgical result, recovery time and be physically, mentally and psychologically healthy enough to undergo any type of cosmetic surgery. Dr Zakhary is very diligent to spend good quality time with her patients during the initial consultation in order educate every one of her patients and potential patients to ensure that the patient is fully informed, and can make an educated decision on whether or not to proceed with a cosmetic surgery procedure. Dr Zakhary is also very committed to patient satisfaction and follows up frequently with every one of her patients to help them during the healing process. You are welcome to follow up with her to further explore management options. Thank you.

Submitted March 16, 2017

I would recommend Dr. Zakahary because she really cares for her patients and takes time with them. When working my daughter she was very sensitive and warm and made her feel very comfortable. My daughter is very happy with her results. Dr. Zakhary is excellent with adolescents.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I had my revision rhinoplasty with Dr Zakhary, and I have never actually gone through the effort to write a review on anything, but I had to after this experience. Dr Zakhary is an amazing surgeon!!!!! She is a true artist. This was my third surgery on my nose, and I wish I had gone to her the first time. I had my first surgery with another plastic surgeon in Calgary, who I DO NOT recommend for rhinoplasty. I did years of research for my revision rhinoplasty. I would spend hours and hours reading reviews on all kinds of doctors, and even contemplated travelling to the US. Thank God I found Dr Zakhary! Price was high but the outcome was well worth it. My nose was twisted and long, and now it is short and straight!! I am so happy to take pictures of myself now, even from side profile, something I avoided like the plague in the past. I have been waiting 10 years to do this, and I'm so glad I did. I know how important reviews are, and I think Dr Zakhary deserves this one! Don't hesitate! Book the consultation if this is something that has been on your mind!!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I had rhinoplasty done just over a year ago and was very unhappy. It took a long time for me to make the final decision to book the surgery and upon reading endless reviews I felt confident in Dr.Zakhary. She preaches about subtle, natural looking changes which is exactly what I wanted. I liked the way I looked before but my nose always held me back from loving the way I looked. I had a bump on my bridge and that's all that I wanted fixed. The day of my surgery she came in rushed and frantic as usual, which really stressed me out. She drew on my nose and it seemed like we were on the same page as there wasn't much to even change! I became extremely worried after because things were not looking good at all. I noticed right away that the bridge was taken down much further than we discussed and my nostrils right off the bat were asymmetrical (they were very symmetrical before). I was patient with the healing process because I understood that it takes time. But as time went on things got way way worse. Soon enough, the bridge of my nose was no where to be found and where bone used to be was a soft dent. At my 6 month appt she came in and said everything looked great (don't know how she missed how horrible things had gotten). But as usual everything was so rushed and I didn't have the courage to say something to her. When I finally let her know how unhappy I was and how bad everything looked she then had the odasity to add in that my bone had collapsed (why wasnt this mentioned sooner???) and that the only way to fix it was with a revision surgery. I was so upset. My self confidence was worse than it was before the surgery but I knew I had to go through with a revision because I needed to feel like myself again. I am a few months post op from my revision and already things are looking crooked. As usual she assures me that it's just swelling and it'll go down. I regret getting surgery in the first place because even with the little self confidence I had before, its way worse now. Here's to hoping I'll feel better soon. I'm not saying that Dr. Zakhary is not brilliant and knowledgable but she needs to slow down and focus on her patients one by one. Every imperfection is looked past and covered up by the same "it's just swelling, it'll look better soon" line. When you're in the line of work dealing with the most vulnerable and insecure people it's important to make them feel secure, cared for and confident. None of those areas were met in both of my experiences with Dr. Zakhary. Be very careful with who you choose, you never know who is actually writing all these "amazing" reviews.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Dr. Kristina Zakhary's response
I am very sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience in our office and we take your comments very seriously. Not all aspects of the surgery and healing are in the control of the surgeon, and unfortunately risks do exist for all surgeries, and particularly for rhinoplasty surgery there is a risk of needing a revision surgery. This is why the risks are discussed with you in detail both at your initial consultation and at your pre operation appointment. If any complications do occur, DrZakhary will work with you diligently and sincerely to improve the result since it is her goal to give you a nice and good final result. Dr. Zakhary is fortunately a very sought out Facial Surgeon and some days may be quite busy in our office. Dr. Zakhary is always very honest and will only proceed with surgery if she feels there would be a benefit to the patient. Dr. Zakhary is also surely following up with you to ensure good healing and result. We are always more than happy to follow up with you and help you. We all would like you to have a more positive experience in our office and a good final result.- The staff of Dr. Zakhary

Submitted February 21, 2017

I had a Botox and lip fillers done by Dr. Zakhary and she did an amazing job. I couldn't be happier with my appearance -- I look and feel much better now, and it looks natural! Dr. Zakhary was very friendly and willing to answer any questions I had, so I felt very comfortable and prepared, and all of her staff were wonderful and made me feel right at home. I could see that Dr. Zakhary is very passionate about her work and that she truly cares about her patients and her results. Highly, highly recommend!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I found, and chose, Dr. Zakhary because of the reviews on various sites and I just wanted to add to the list of great reviews. My general philosophy is that I care more about extraordinary skill than bedside manner, but with Dr. Z you get both. She listens to your concerns and gracefully and compassionately explains her thoughts - pros, cons, and of course things you couldn't possibly have thought of because you don't have the expertise of someone who does this everyday. She is wickedly smart and her excellent surgical skills mean better outcomes, including a faster and smoother recovery -- and this was definitely true for me. I am so amazed at the difference - very subtle and balanced and --- beautiful. I never would have said that about myself before because of my unfortunate and oversized nose. I hate to admit it but it boosts my confidence remarkably and that goes a very long way in interactions with other people. Elective surgery can be scary and unreal and you need to know you are in good hands. I was 100% confident that she would do the best she could possibly do. And she did. And I'm so happy.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Dr. Kristina Zakhary's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Request an Appointment