Ratings for Dr. Kristina Zakhary

I was in serious need of a nose job and had a rhinoplasty done by Dr Zakhary. She told me up front that she could not totally guarantee the result because a lot of it depends on how I heal, but in the end my result was outstanding. It changed my life. This is what I learned that can hopefully help the readers - so many rhinoplasty surgeons claim to be the most talented, the best way to judge is to ask to see before and after pictures. However, the "after" pictures have to be at least 6 weeks after the procedure. By then, a lot of swelling is gone and you see a real result. I visited 3 plastic surgeons in Calgary, and none of them were willing to show me as many pictures as Dr Zakhary. She has done so many rhinoplasties. I chose her and I was not disappointed at all. I Highly recommend this doctor if you are looking to get a rhinoplasty.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Dr. Kristina Zakhary's response
Thank you for your kind review. We are always happiest when our patients are happy and pleased with their results. It is my goal to try to give you a positive experience from initial consultation to final follow up appointment. I agree with you that viewing before and after photos is a key part of your decision making process since it will give you an idea of the surgeon's work and results. It is also encouraged to ask as many questions as you can in order to feel confident and comfortable when you are making your decision to proceed with surgery. Thank you again for your kind words.

Submitted April 29, 2016

I had a Botox and lip fillers done by Dr. Zakhary and she did an amazing job. I couldn't be happier with my appearance -- I look and feel much better now, and it looks natural! Dr. Zakhary was very friendly and willing to answer any questions I had, so I felt very comfortable and prepared, and all of her staff were wonderful and made me feel right at home. I could see that Dr. Zakhary is very passionate about her work and that she truly cares about her patients and her results. Highly, highly recommend!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I found, and chose, Dr. Zakhary because of the reviews on various sites and I just wanted to add to the list of great reviews. My general philosophy is that I care more about extraordinary skill than bedside manner, but with Dr. Z you get both. She listens to your concerns and gracefully and compassionately explains her thoughts - pros, cons, and of course things you couldn't possibly have thought of because you don't have the expertise of someone who does this everyday. She is wickedly smart and her excellent surgical skills mean better outcomes, including a faster and smoother recovery -- and this was definitely true for me. I am so amazed at the difference - very subtle and balanced and --- beautiful. I never would have said that about myself before because of my unfortunate and oversized nose. I hate to admit it but it boosts my confidence remarkably and that goes a very long way in interactions with other people. Elective surgery can be scary and unreal and you need to know you are in good hands. I was 100% confident that she would do the best she could possibly do. And she did. And I'm so happy.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I am very happy with all of my visits with Dr. Zakhary and the overall outcome from my rhinoplasty surgery. Her staff is so professional and courteous. I always felt welcomed upon my arrival and Dr. Zakhary always addressed my needs and concerns. I never felt rushed with our time together and always felt well Informed. I would definitely recommend Dr. Zakhary to anyone seeking rhinoplasty. She changed my life and the surgery was well worth the cost. I sincerely thank you.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

Dr. Zakhary is an extremely skilled surgeon. She listened carefully to my concerns and delivered exactly what I wanted with respect to my rhinoplasty surgery. I had a crooked nose with a bump that she straightened and made smaller. During the consultation it was obvious that she is the expert in rhinoplasty surgery, as she took the time to give me a detailed explanation of her surgery plan, and showed me many before and after pictures of noses similar to mine. She also explained all the risks of this surgery, which was a bit scary, but in the end I'm glad I went ahead and did it. I am impressed with my result after my surgery. I would highly recommend her and her team to anyone looking for a truly qualified and skilled doctor.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I chose Dr. Zakhary as a result of a referral; I saw first-hand the outstanding results of the facelift. There was no 'overdone' or pulled look - it was very natural, with a refreshed, improved look for the patient, who is my friend. When I had my surgery, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The doctor was also thorough when it came to explaining the 'before, during, and after' details – what to expect at each stage. She and her staff gave me good tips for a speedy recovery. When I see my before and after photos now I am still amazed and it's been a year since my surgery. I am so much happier now when seeing myself in the mirror, especially when I see my turkey neck is totally gone! Many thanks to Dr. Zakhary and her staff. I would have no hesitation in referring anyone to her office.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Zakhary is a true artist and expert in her field. She performed my Rhinoplasty to straighten my crooked nose (that I got from gymnastics injuries) and then I was so happy with the result, I returned for a chin implant and chin liposuction. I am so happy with my results, that I do not even look at my old before pictures. She was very patient with me in my pre operation appointments and after surgery she was always available to me day and night by phone or email whenever I needed. Her staff is helpful and fantastic too. I would highly recommend Dr. Zakhary for any plastic surgery.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

My doctor referred me to Dr Kristina because I was having trouble breathing because of the way my nose was shaped. She looked at me and said if you want me to do your surgery it will be $9000. I was surprised because I was going there for a breathing problem not to cosmetically change my nose. Afterwards she prescribed me medication and told me she can't do anything unless I pay. It should be covered by healthcare. Why should I pay? What a waste of time.

Submitted September 10, 2016

Dr. Kristina Zakhary's response
To Answer Your Question: 1. The Outside Shape of your nose does not cause difficulty breathing. Your nasal breathing could be reduced because the wall Inside your nose (the nasal Septum) could be crooked (deviated) or the skin inside your nose (mucosa) could be swollen (from allergy, infection, trauma, or combination of these) 2. Surgery for the Inside of the nose to help with breathing improvement (Septoplasty) will not change the Outside appearance of your nose, and is covered by Alberta Health Care, and you do not pay for this surgery. 3. Surgery for the Outside Appearance of your nose (Rhinoplasty) to reduce a bump on the bridge, change tip shape, straighten a crooked nose, etc, is a cosmetic surgery, and is not covered by Alberta Health Care. 4. The cost for any cosmetic surgery is individualized for each patient based on the surgical complexity of the case, patient's request, patient skin type, time needed to complete the surgery, etc. This Part of the reason is why a consultation is needed prior to surgery booking. 5. Dr Zakhary is a Surgical Specialist and a Medical Doctor (M.D.) and she will try to help any of her patients to the best of her ability. So even if no surgery is scheduled, she will prescribe the appropriate medications to help you if it is needed and if she feels it will be helpful to you. I hope this clarifies your questions. Thank You.

Submitted September 11, 2016

I had my nose done sept 2014. I wanted to change the shape of my nose since I was 16 years old. I decided to go with Dr Zakhary because her main specialty is rhinoplasty surgery. We met a few times then did some before and after photos. I decided to have it done, it was the best decision I made everyone was really kind to me and made sure I felt safe. After my surgery Dr Zakhary called me at home the next day to make sure I was doing ok and the following days after that her nurse called me to make sure I was ok. It made me so happy to get those phone calls. It is now 6 months since my surgery and my nose looks amazing! I am really happy with the results I still have swelling at the tip but every day it looks better and better. Thank you Dr Zakhary and your staff for such a great experience again. I LOVE MY NOSE!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Kristina Zakhary's response
Thank you very much for your kind comments. It means so much to us that you love your new nose. Your happiness is very important to us and we strive to keep you happy and pleased with your result and entire experience!

Submitted August 30, 2016

I see Dr. Zakhary on a regular basis for Botox treatments for cosmetic reasons and for my migraines. I have also been seeing her for the past six years for my skin issues and for fillers. Without her and the Botox, my migraines would be very severe. I will forever keep going back to her!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Kristina Zakhary's response
Your loyalty is so appreciated and we are so grateful to you. Thank you for trusting me with your health and I will always aim to keep you healthy as well as happy with how you look!

Submitted August 30, 2016

Dr. Kristina Zakhary's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients