Ratings for Dr. Wesley Fairfield

Great doctor... very knowledgeable but do agree with comment about telling someone they need a psychiatrist. Was told that too but have a thyroid but not working due to other underlying issues as well as the medicine prescribed has stopped working yet they keep prescribing it. Knew more about the dosing of the thyroid pill better than one I have, Trask, when didn't feel well, either way will decrease it based on good energy ONE day and a diet change two days in, and the decrease only makes thyroid out of control UP then fail to readjust back to higher dose previous on (100) has taken almost a year. Now same suit as last year when this happened and doctor have wants decrease again? I really appreciate Dr. Fairfield now, but agree with that comment about the psychiatrist. That's insulting and not how you should treat patients who are well informed and their own advocate about their health.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

After reading these comments I am shocked and angry..Dr Fairfield is precisely the type of doctors we need more of, very knowledgeable, great bed side manner , will spend as much time with you when u r asking questions and throughly explained everything. His staff is very accommodating and friendly . For those of you who have left ratings on this site, if u don't like him leave! Make room for patients who actually want a great smart Doctor!! Your loss their win!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Terrible doctor! Under his care I became more and more ill, when I asked to try armour thyroid instead of synthroid (after two years of steadily failing health) he refused to prescribe it. When I explained my symptoms he told me nothing was wrong with me according to my bloodwork yet he wouldn't order complete bloodwork even at my request. When I suggested a specific problem that I thought I had he told me that diagnosis was impossible and to stop googling. (I was later diagnosed with it by another doctor) when I asked why I still felt so bad he told me I needed a therapist because I clearly had depression. I never went back to him. I found a new doctor who listened, prescribed new meds, and had me feeling like a new person in six months. For a doctor to tell a person with no thyroid who is suffering obvious thyroid and adrenal symptoms that they are physically fine but need to see a psychiatrist is absolutely insulting.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

Dr. Wesley Fairfield saw me for hypothyroidism. He was crisp and concise and a fast talker. However he flat out refused to advise nor even discuss natural therapies or treatment, such as the use of selenium, prolamine iodine or natural dessicated thyroid hormone. He repeatedly said "That is controversial" instead of giving an opinion or pointing me to studies that have been done on these subjects. I left his office with more questions than I had coming in. I think he prefers his patients to be uneducated and blindly compliant. He is an endocrinologist who is solidly on the Synthroid-only bandwagon.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

Dr. Fairfield is incredibly knowledgeable. He explained my diagnostic perfectly clear for that I could fully understand. He was respectful, surprising thoughtful and generous of his time. I will not go to another doctor. I trust him completely.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

Dr. Fairfield has a a very poor bedside manner. He gete irritated at questions that you might have. He does not like informed patients. He is also arrogant about the way he answers questions -- basically he shuts you up by barking down your throte.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2009

Dr. Wesley Fairfield's Credentials

• Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 02115 (Grad. 1995)

Champ Va
Commercial Insurance Company
Coresource
Principle Life Insurance
Universal American

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor... very knowledgeable but do agree with comment about telling someone they need a psychiatrist. Was told that too but have a thyroid but not workin..."

April 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After reading these comments I am shocked and angry..Dr Fairfield is precisely the type of doctors we need more of, very knowledgeable, great bed side manner , ..."

October 19, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Terrible doctor! Under his care I became more and more ill, when I asked to try armour thyroid instead of synthroid (after two years of steadily failing health)..."

December 30, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=894114'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

February 6, 2014