Ratings for Dr. J. Eric Choe

Dr. Choe; love him or hate him, it seems. I find the staff to be efficient. They are not particularly chatty, but I'm there to get effective medical treatment and advice, not to socialize. I have never had to wait long to see the Dr., and he and the staff have been pretty tolerant when I've been late. Dr. Choe comes into the exam room, asks me questions, and actually listens to my answers, which I try to keep on point, without a lot of unnecessary narration. We then discuss treatment options, and he involves me, the patient, in the decision-making process. He prescribed two concurrent medications for my condition, and sent me home with free samples (which I appreciate, because both are expensive) and prescriptions for both. When it came time to get refills, I made him aware of my financial limitations, and he and his office worked with my insurance to get me brand-name meds at a huge discount through the mail from a widely-known national American pharmacy, not from Canada or China or someplace. One man's opinion: I'm glad my Primary Care Physician recommended this office. My condition is under control at a price I can afford. What else does one need?

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

Very poor office support. Discourteous, inflexible and unresponsive.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Dr Choe seems to have very little time for me. Staff is the WORST.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

I don't rate doctors either, I feel as I was looking at the rating below me I had to agree- the staff is horrible. I asked to leave a message for the doctor to call me and they said he cannot do so, you have to see him in person for a consultation. If that doesn't sound money driven Idk what does! Very rude, unprofessional and do not know what custom service looks like- what if it was an emergency would I still to schedule an appointment? -Would not recommend my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Never go to Dr.Choe. He is more interested in charging than helping you.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

I have visitied Dr Choe on several occasions. He has a conservative approach and is very clear with his explinations.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

I will give you the facts to let everyone judge qualification, humanity, ethics. Patient, 87, is in Emergency room and has emergency hospital stay for urinary tract blockage and chemistry messed up. Dr. Choe delays for a week procedure to remove the bladder stones, probably to avoid procedure in hospital (over Em. Medicaid) and see patient in own office. Patient continues to pass stones through the catheter, blocking the flow and forcing nurses to repeat painful procedures. Patient leaves hospital with catheter/pouch, asked to visit dr in his office. Removing the catheter is conditioned by payment hospital bill, submitted for Emergency Medicaid, or patient is thrown out. Patient is thrown out without being seen by dr because of patient's insistence to wait for Medicaid to decide. Delay increases urinary infection risk, especially dangerous at patient's age. Visit to another dr reveals that patient had not been medicated to enable removing catheter, thus delaying by another week.

Submitted January 26, 2014

He was wonderful. Did a procedure after work and always made time to see me. Very personable and nice to work with

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

I normally don't write reviews for Dr's (good or bad), but this guy is horrible. Didn't do any standard examinations for prostate problem (no DRE, nothing). Dismissed my problem as dermatological and sent me away with some samples. Don't waste your time with him, go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

Dr. J. Eric Choe's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Arise Health Plan