Ratings for Dr. Natalie Gaik

The older receptionist needs to attend an in service regarding " great customer service "

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Based on my experience, I've noticed that the young receptionist is very professional and friendly, while the older receptionist seems ticked off everyday. Otherwise, the rest of the staff are very positive and trusting. Whenever I have any concerns, they make sure to resolve the concern in a positive and reassuring manner. After reading many patient reviews, I am praying that the staff don't mess my teeth up and I am giving 100% of my trust into their hands.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I have been a client with Dr. Gaik for 7 months now and I have had nothing but great service from all staff. Every time I come the young receptionist is so friendly, the older lady always looks mad but she is also very nice when you speak to her. All the techs are knowledgeable and will always stop to answer your questions. Dr.Gaik is always a bright star. She may not spend a lot of time with you during the appointment but she is friendly and is always smiling. She will also always stop to answer my questions/ anxieties about anything.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I found Dr gaik to be good. However her receptionists are awful. After four years with a fixed retainer it popped off on the bottom and was poking into my bottom lip, I called them and asked for an appointment to reseal or get a new one. I referred to it as my "permanent retainer" the receptionist said "okay first of all there is no such thing as a permanent retainer. Nothing in your mouth can last that long. It's a fixed retainer. Secondly, if your braces have been off for four years, you are no longer a patient of ours and there is no need for you to come to Dr. Gaik to have it fixed"

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Worst Orthodontist! I had to get my braces put on twice because she misdiagnosed the progress of of teeth. She also forgot to give me my permanent retainer. I called and told her how unhappy I was with my teeth, they were not in alignment and told me she would put my braces back on for a third time for free because of her mistake. A few weeks later I had them put on and she told me I have to pay $500. Never did she mention this to me. The saying is Cheap work isn't good, and good work isn't cheap. You may be out more money after insurance, but not worth this hassle. I am almost 26 and now may have to put out for Invisalign.

Submitted July 4, 2017

Been taking my son for two years great Dr nice staff

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Two kids, both with braces. It took longer than anticipated but that can happen. Overall, we were really really pleased with the service

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

I took my 8 year old daughter to see dr.gaik for a consultation because it states she is a children's specialist. My daughter who is very self conscious about her teeth was told her mouth looks like a shark and not to worry we will fix that horrible mess up. I was not impressed and my daughter was in tears. Besides that the receptionist was terribly rude to multiple other people I was glad we didn't have to deal with her. Upon leaving I was told we would get a call with 2 hours as they had to look something up for us and didn't want us to wait at the office...it took 3 weeks!!!! I don't recommend anyone to take there child there if you want a pleasant experience that is already hard enough on them.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Dr. Natalie Gaik

Dr. Natalie Gaik's response
Who posted this? All clinical discussions are done in a professional manner respectful of a patients feelings. A comprehensive information package is provided to all patients at their consultation appointment to take home for review.

Submitted July 4, 2017

I've recently just switched Orthadontist after having my braces on for 3 years already. Every time I go into dr. Natalie Gaik , she doesn't do anything. A lot of the time she just says everything looks good doesn't tighten them or anything. My last straw with her when she was very disrespectful to me. I wouldn't recommend this Orthadontist to anyone. I decided to go with Natalie because she was cheaper than all the other places but big mistake. I'm stuck paying now for someone else to fix her mistakes.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Dr. Natalie Gaik

Dr. Natalie Gaik's response
who posted this? Patients are provided with care at every appointment in a polite respectful manner

Submitted July 4, 2017

Dr. Gaik is a great doctor who listens to her patients and takes care of them with great attention. I would recommend Dr. Gaik to everyone.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Dr. Natalie Gaik's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Gaik was born and raised on the east mountain in Hamilton, ON, where our office is currently located. She is the second generation of dentists in her family who have proudly served the Hamilton area since 1961. She loves working with patients and their families on a one-to-one basis, providing approximately 80 percent of their treatment directly. After attending Hillfield-Strathallan Colleges and Sherwood Secondary School, Dr. Gaik graduated from Southmount High School in Hamilton, ON. Dr. Gaik received her dental degree from the University of Toronto in 1986 with honours and was inducted into the dental honor society, Omicron Kappa Upsilon. Dr. Gaik graduated with a post-graduate diploma in Orthodontics in 1989, also from the University of Toronto. Dr. Gaik participated in the dental internship program at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto, and was a part-time clinical instructor in the Department of Orthodontics at the University of Toronto after graduation. Dr. Gaik strives to keep up with the very latest in technological orthodontic advances by regularly attending continuing education seminars and courses on local, national, and international levels.

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1989)

• Mosby Scholarship Book Award
  • Joseph E. Johnson Table Clinic Award
  • Great Lakes Association Table Clinic Academic Institution Award
  • Research Essay Award of Special Merit from the American Association of Orthodontists
  • Dental Student Society's Award from the University of Toronto, Faculty of Dentistry

AHC