Ratings for Dr. Natalie Gaik

Dr. Gaik is a great doctor who listens to her patients and takes care of them with great attention. I would recommend Dr. Gaik to everyone.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Dr. Gaik is professional, competent, and friendly (and has killer style). Can't say the same for her staff. I caught up on TV shows by listening to her hygienists blab as they worked on my mouth. Oh, well, my teeth turned out fine, and she let us structure the payments how we wanted. And to people who said their teeth shifted back: WEAR YOUR RETAINER!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Don't walk . RUN. It would almost be palatable to deal With the rude and abrasive receptionists if Dr. Gaik herself was actually competent. Am paying more with a new orthodontist to fix her mistakes. HORRIBLE in every way. Her personality matches her skill level. Non-existent.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Anyone thinking about going to this orthodontist, beware! I would never recommend this orthodontist to anyone! I agree with other comments about the reception staff...they are extremely rude and deal with you like you are stupid and should be grateful to get whatever appointment they have. For example, my son had a late day appointment that we needed to reschedule....this person actually said to me in a snotty tone...'well, don't think you'll get this time again any time soon' The reception staff should all be fired immediately. My son has had multiple problems with braces, wires breaking and the silly hooks for elastics. We have had to make multiple trips back to the office as they seem to have inexperienced staff working there. Their office hours are extremely inflexible - Monday to Thursday 9am - 5pm and don't forget they take an hour off for lunch...really?! And why, oh why are parents locked out of the examining area? You feel like you have no right to go in and find out what is happening with your child. You take time off work, pull your child out of school, you sit there in a packed waiting room forever, then you child goes in for literally 15 seconds...really?! If you do ask to speak to someone about progress, they look at you like you have two heads. This orthodontist was recommended to us and fees were quite a bit lower than the other orthodontist we visited. If I were to go back, I would go with the higher fees, more convenient hours, welcoming staff and helpful orthodontist. In a heartbeat! If this doctor truly takes these ratings seriously, I would suggest the following: -get rid of your nasty reception staff; they are the face of your business! Not sure why you would want rude staff being your patients' first point of contact?? -make your practice patient centered, not doctor centered. You should be catering to your patients and their families. -change your hours; maybe start early one day, work one evening or one day on the weekend? Patient-centered! -welcome parents/grandparents/caregivers into the examining room...patient-centered! -GET RID OF THE LOCKED DOORS SEPARATING WAITING ROOM FROM THE REST OF THE OFFICE

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Receptionists need to get lives. They're so rude and treats you with disrespect. Are they allowed to treat patients like this?

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Receptionists are rude, snobby, unreasonable, inconsiderate, disrespectful, always in HORRIBLE moods and always are snotty towards you. Half the time they don't ask when would work for you to come back in, they write it down and hand it to you and thats it. That day doesn't work for you? It is the end of the world and the most difficult task because apparently the is no other time for you to come in. EVER. Would not talk to them if I didn't have to, left in tears one day because of how rude the woman was. Gaik told me my next appointment I would be getting my braces off; went in to find out that was but a lie and I have to wait another six weeks. When I finally got my braces off, they had an inexperienced woman take them off, scraped off more than just the glue, started grinding my enamel off, and then put my retainer in crooked. When Gaik finally came over, she took pictures of my crooked retainer and said nothing. Never went back, and still to this day, 3 YEARS LATER, my dentists find glue from my braces. HORRIBLE service, don't waste your money to be treated like dirt and have the job done horribly.

Submitted January 10, 2016

I never like to leave nasty comments about anyone - especially medical professionals, but I guess in this case it will be OK because Dr. Gaik is the farthest thing from professional. I really am surprised to know that she has been able to obtain a professional designation with what little knowledge she has about dental work, orthodontics, and just plain human empathy and compassion - absolutely terrible bedside manner. I guess when your Dad is a dentist, most everything in life becomes easier. Why bother learning anything when you don't really need to? Save yourself your hard-earned money and worry. Go somewhere else. I am now entering into a second orthodontic treatment (with a new orthodontist - thank God) because the first time around, Dr. Gaik thought it unimportant to correct my overbite, overjets, to leave my teeth on top and bottom completely unaligned and unsupported. This mistake is costing me Big Time.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Where to begin? I'm guessing most of the 'positive' reviews are fake. Natalie is literally the worst. Go to someone else and save yourself your breath. Her receptionists are terribly rude, she herself can get into bad moods and take it out on her patients (which is super unprofessional) and she took my braces off waay to early. My teeth are reverting back to their original crooked form and what do I benefit from it? $$$ down the drain. Thanks Nat, I need braces again, all thanks to your 'treatment.'

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

I have been a patient of Natalie for about a year and a half, and still am. Her staff are awesome, but Natalie herself isn't. She has been very rude to me the past few appointments, and this recent appointment left me crying because of the way she spoke to me and made me feel. I had jaw surgery just recently and this recent appointment I had was my first time back after it. I had to see her because my surgeon wanted Natalie to put elastics on, because he couldn't the day I had seen him due to some of my hooks being broken and some of my brackets had broke because of the surgery. So I told Natalie what my surgeon told me and why I was there and she just completely ignored what I said and starts being rude and saying my surgeon should be the one to call her explaining everything and not me because I obviously "don't know anything". Oh I'm sorry? Its not like anyone told me that. And its not like I didn't call you ahead of time so you couldn't find this stuff out on your own before my appointment if you hadn't known what needed to be done? She always blames someone else for her mistakes... She will find any excuse to make you look like the bad guy because she's the "professional". She definitely doesn't act like it. I really wanted to cry because of how rudely she treated me. And I don't get that way when I'm upset or mad. But she really hurt my feelings, and I'm still super upset. I honestly never want to go there again after this... Every time I go I'm always harassed by her. Its terrible. I definitely don't recommend Dr. Natalie Gaik to anyone who needs braces.

Submitted September 10, 2015

My daughter is receiving treatment now and I have been happy so far with Dr. Gaik herself and her staff other than the receptionists! They are so rude it's almost unbelievable. I hate calling in, they make me feel stupid. I can't believe that the doctor would allow her staff to speak to customers like this.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015