Ratings for Dr. Tara Nigam

My 2 appointments with her were traumatizing. She asked me the last time I felt happy and I said I couldn't remember and her response was that she wanted to "slap me silly". She wanted to prescribe me medication that was not suitable for breast feeding and when I asked for one that was compatible she took out her book and huffed and puffed her way through it. How could she not know what was suitable already?! Waste of time and humiliating.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Dr. Nigam saved my life. She was the best! I cannot trust any other psychiatrist other than Dr. Nigam.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

I have nothing but gratitude and appreciation to express towards Dr. Nigam. I found her action oriented approach refreshing and was thrilled to work with such a high calibre professional who encouraged me, as her client, to take action and move out of and away from poor patterns and obstructions in my life.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

Dr. Nigam is one of the best psychiatrist out there right now. She always listens, repeats it back to me, sometimes with insights and/or suggestions and then we discuss it. No, she does not just listen, she actively helps. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

I have seen Dr. Nigam for over 20 years and think she is amazing. She is straight forward, very knowledgeable, and supportive. She will help you because she won't allow you to delude yourself or make excuses for not taking responsibility for your choices in life.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

I saw Dr. Nigam every week for two and a half years and fell in love with her. She was so great and then she found out my feelings. She end therapy with no warning and left me heart-broken. I am now going to kill myself. Bye world

flag | Submitted October 1, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Nigam for almost 6 years now and she has been more wonderful than words can describe. She has helped me through so much and we are taking measures to get me off my medication now, since I have progressed so much since I started meeting with her. I have nothing but great things to say about this doctor and I might not be alive if it weren't for her help. She is not a pill pusher and will not force you to take anything you don't want to take, she simply suggests what might help you out. She is sympathetic, understanding, has great suggestions and listens with compassion. If only all psychiatrists were as good as her....

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

Dr. Nigam guided me through a very trying time and was always professional, competent, compassionate, and available. For those who suggest she is selective about patients, I would caution that this is ultimately in the best interests of the individual - not Dr. Nigam. She was an excellent therapist in my experience, and I would respect any decision she or another therapist makes about the types of therapy they are best-equipped to provide.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Nigam for close to 8 years. I have suffered many challenges and I do suffer from depression and anxiety. Dr. Nigam has been a life saver for me more than once and I am so grateful for having her.She is knowledgeable about medication, symptoms.She is a true believer that she can assist but the patient ultimately has to do the work, so do I.She can be tough if she doesn't see a patient trying and I don't blame her there is only so much she can do,(lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink) I do believe maybe that maybe more homework for the patient would be helpful and followup would be even more beneficial but overall, I have come along way and feel better about myself and those around me. I still struggle everyday but I am here and alive!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Nigam by my family doctor when I was suffereing from depression and anxiety. During the wait to see her, my antidepressants had been increased and I was feeling alot better. Apparently Dr. Nigam only does consults for people with anxiety and depression. Since she was a psychiatrist, i shared my concerns with her on the phone. I have never been diagnosed as bipolar, but have been feeling a little strange lately. i am under a tremendous amount of stress as i have been sick for a month and yesterday i found out that my thyroid gland has developed new lesions. I did not sleep last night, and was kind of out of it when dr. nigam called today. i expressed my concern over the possiblity that i may be bipolar type 2, even though no psychiatrist has ever agreed with my self diagnosis. Dr. Nigam decided that i was not the type of patient she wanted to see and phoned me to tell me so. I felt rejected and stupid. It seems to me she just wants easy patients.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010