Ratings for Dr. Todd P. Thompson

Two MRIs showed effusion in my brain. Todd said, "Well there is a little fluid right here, in your brain. No need to keep taking pictures of it." In less than five minutes he was finished reviewing my tests and my options. Neurologist in Denver is in disbelief, surgery is scheduled to remove the fluid so it doesn't get infected, and follow up MRIs are needed. If I had trusted this incompetent doctor, I could have had serious issues in the future Get a second opinion from someone not inept.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Dr. Thompson was assigned to our son when he was diagnosed with a very large grade 2 brain tumor. Even though he did a good job of resectioning this tumor and has a wonderful manner with patients, he was arrogant, cavalier and negligent, saying he'd gotten everything out and that an MRI once a year was enough. He did not get it all out. The 4-month post-surgery MRI showed what we now know was cancer growing again in the same area, but he called it scar tissue and scheduled the next MRI a year out. A year! An MRI should have been done within weeks to see if the flare signal was growing or staying stable, or another surgery should have been scheduled immediately to remove the new areas of contrast. Instead, by the time the yearly MRI was done, the tumor had regrown and changed from grade 2 to grade 4, the most aggressive brain cancer. By the time the yearly MRI occurred, the grade 4 tumor was bigger than the first tumor, which was huge. When I called his office the morning that the second tumor was found, his office asked me to call back when they were open rather than take a message, even though I was in tears over this new emergency and discovery. We loved his confidence, friendliness and positive attitude. We wanted to believe all of the good news he gave us, but he should have offered more factual information that would have protected our son. Dr. Thompson should have known that our son's type of tumor can change from low grade to high grade suddenly and needed to be followed closely. He should have been concerned about the flare signal in the 4-month post-surgery MRI. He should have recommended that we see an oncologist for a second opinion on his recommendations. He said no cancer treatment was needed, and that if the tumor returned, it would be very slow-growing, so only once-a-year MRIs were needed. A good neurosurgeon should know better, according to every other doctor we have talked to since the second, more aggressive brain tumor was found.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

My surgery was only 4 months ago, the same pain has now returned! It's excruciating! The exact same pain at C6& C7. It's awful! What happened? (I'll never know) Don't I get a year honeymoon period without pain?! $55,000 surgery!!!! I repeatedly called Dr. Thompson's office. After I went to see my doctor, her sent a referra. FINALLY, they called back after FOUR CALLS from me beforehand. Even though i said it was an EMERGENCY, the first available appointment was ONE MONTH OUT! You cannot handle the pain of bulging/slipped discs for a moth! They know me as a responsible, amicable and paying patient! VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Dr. Todd P. Thompson's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

MB Health