Dr. Sylvia Kowalewski

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sylvia Kowalewski

Dr. Sylvia is always pleasant, detailed and very interested in a patient's welfare. We have enjoyed her professionalism for many years. Here office staff and processes are excellent also, very friendly and positive.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Professional in every respect. Office is a well oiled machine and staff very accommodating.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Highly recommendable in all respect in their business

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

I have been patient of Dr. Sylvia Kowalewski for more than 20 years, she is the most knowledgeable dentist, and most caring. Her staff is very professional and friendly. The equipment in her office is the most advanced, therefore almost painless procedures.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Would recommend the doctor without any doubt. Very knowlegable and responsible,

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I would like to say that my family I and I have been seeing Dr. Kowaleski for the past 10 years and I cannot begin to say enough about her and her staff from the moment you walk in the door you are treated like family and very professionally . My wife used to have a great fear of dentists but not anymore things to Sylvia and her wonderful staff taking the time to ensure that my wife's needs are met as well as the rest of my family I would not hesitate recommending her to anyone, she truly cares about the best interest of her patients

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

I will not recommend this dentist. I went in for a complete oral exam, as I hadn't been to the dentist in some time. What I got was a new set of x-rays, a new set of radiographs, a complete oral exam, and a bite adjustment. I was not informed about the additional cost of any of those services, which came to a total of well over $400. Better still, is that one of those services was covered by 50% of my health insurance, and one was not covered at all, leaving me with about $200 out of pocket for services I didn't request and had no idea would cost so much money. The dentist Sylvia simply told me to put on safety glasses and went to work, without figuring out if the cost was something I could afford or whether I wanted it now. Personable, sure. Knowledgeable, sure. She must either deal with people who have very complete dental insurance or people who don't mind spending large sums of money for services they didn't request and didn't know the cost of. In addition, she was more than insistent on me going to her husband to get botox in my cheeks (he's just down the hall, you know), on me going to a specialist to help with my posture, and a number of other services which would likely not be covered by my insurance. I stopped going to dentists specifically because of shady billing practices, and this dentist is no different. The hunt continues. :(

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

You will never find a more compassionate and caring dentist especially one who is so forward thinking and educated in all the latest techniques incorporated with a holistic approach. She is talented, caring and a credit to her profession. Her willingness to do what is right for her patients first and foremost is rare these days. She will find a way to help you and encourage you achieve the best overall health not only pertaining to your mouth but by educating you on how dental health is related to other health problems throughout your body. Her well trained staff and state of the art equipment is the best available. I cannot say enough about Dr. Kowalewski

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Kowalewski's team is very accommodating and knowledgeable. I very much appreciated that they took the time to explain the tests and procedures they were about to do, the expected ranges, and how my personal results fit into that. The equipment was very modern, and Dr. Kowalewski and her team were both very knowledgeable. I am very happy with my new dentist!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015

I would never recommend seeing this dentist; made an impression that does not possess professional knowledge; strongly promoting uninsured services; lots of help and attention from staff, compensating for the lack of professional care.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

Dr. Sylvia Kowalewski's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Sylvia Kowalewski founded Laser Assisted Dentistry in 1990 and has proudly been serving the Calgary community ever since. Her mission is to provide exceptional dental care in a loving environment. She was one of the first dentists in Canada to use lasers in dentistry and has been a guest contributor about laser technology in magazines and television. She brings extensive experience and compassion to all her patients.

• English