Ratings for Dr. Ken Muse

I have been seeing Dr. Muse for 3 years. Following 4 miscarriages I was blessed to give birth to a beautiful/healthy baby boy. We're now trying for another:)

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

Before I arrived, I was warned by my OBGYN that he has a blunt personality. He does. In my first appointment, he made me cry when he said that my ovaries were small, gray and closer to that of a 42 year old. He doesn't sugar coat. In his defense, he's not *trying* to be hurtful, he's merely being objective and matter-of-fact. And if you are serious about getting pregnant and don't want to waste time (and money) there is nobody better. He does his own ultrasounds so he can better gauge your condition and response. He stays informed about current literature and can speak to you about probabilities (sooo many doctors cannot do this!). He will give you his home phone number and tell you to please use it if you have questions. He really does care, though he sometimes seems insensitive. I was a medium level difficult case (very low AMH) and I got pregnant in less than 4 months. He dialed in the right dose of FSH shots in ONE try! For all the EQ he lacks, his nurse Shirley makes up for!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

He may be knowledgable about fertility, but he shows little willingness to try to personally connect with his clients. He probably doesn't realize the rudeness of his actions, but he is rude nonetheless. After our 2nd visit we switched to a new doctor.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

This physician could not have been any more rude to me. He seemed somehow personally offended by me from the onset of our appointment despite the fact that we had never met. He repeatedly accused me of lying to him about my social and medical history-- for the record, I answered every question he asked me honestly and even gave him more information than he asked about. He made rude, insulting comments about my skin, my weight, my reproductive organs, etc. I spoke with my primary care physician about the appointment and she said that she had heard other patients say that he had done the same thing with them; she offered to refer me to someone else, which I gladly accepted. I will never see this man again and in fact will likely never return to anyone in the office again. He may be an outstanding physician, but I didn't appreciate his inconsiderate, dispassionate bedside manner- it soured the entire appointment.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2012

Very knowledgeable doctor but extremely callous, blunt and lacked bed side manners when discussing miscarriage and possible causes/treatment. His staff was caring and resourceful.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

Dr. Muse is an excellent physician and helped us with our infertility problems. I saw him twice and after 10 yrs. got pregnant and conceived my second child. Our son was born a little on the small side but very beautiful and I owe it all to Dr. Muse. Thanks so much for helping our family!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2009

I had an excellent first visit to Dr. Muse to treat infertility. He got straight into treatment w/out repeating expensive tests and bloodwork my family doctor had already done. I'm not sure if our treatment will be successful yet, but for a first visit I was incredibly impressed with the amount of time that he and his staff spent with me and how thorough he was. He took time to answer all of my questions and made me feel very comfortable. I've never had a more positive experience with a doctor.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Dr. Ken Muse's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)