Ratings for Dr. Peter R. Mandt

I have had Dr. Mandt do 2 going on 3 of my knee surgeries. I had Dr. Castle do the first one 6 years ago. Dr. Castle wouldn't believe me that I was still in pain after that surgery so I switched doctors. Where my pain is in my knee it makes it hard to determine what is causing it. Dr. Mandt is trying everything he can to help me not be in pain. I'm 23 now and going to have a 4th knee surgery hopefully the last. I originally tore my ACL and maniscus playing volleyball my junior year of high school. Dr. Mandt preformed the next surgery about 2 years later to go in and remove scar tissue to see if that would help with the pain. This last September 2016 he retook and MRI and X-rays and looked like the "new technology" s crew had splintered off. So he went in and had to remove that s crew and redo my acl at that point. I'm still in pain so going to go back in and remove the titanium s crew to eliminate the potential of that being the pain and he's going to scope around again and praying it fixes the pain. He is so good at explaining everything to me. I work at a veterinary clinic so I understand everyone is different in the way their body's work and heal. Mine just happens to be an extremely tough case.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I never take the time out of my day to write reviews or rate doctors but this doctor was exceptionally good and I think he deserves the acknowledgement! Dr. Mandt treated me with much patience and care that I would expect from a father, he didn't rush any of my appointments and made SURE I thoroughly understood my ACL and Meniscus injury and was completely clear on the surgery and procedure he would be performing. He even took the time to draw out pictures to help me understand and made me feel super comfortable in asking questions. This man truly cares about his patients and I have a lot of respect for him because of that, he is very personable and kind and takes the time to know his patients.. I just really appreciate his kindness throughout everything. I highly recommend him to anyone getting surgery or someone that will be needing an orthopedic doctor for a long period of time.. he's very trustworthy, down to earth, sweet and caring.. very much like a family member.. TEAM DR MANDT!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

I explained to this surgeon that I had a lawsuit in regards to my injury. He said that he didn't enjoy helping with this type of thing but that he was willing, and sometimes had to. I should have chosen the other surgeon who was willing to help! He would not submit a sworn statement of support. So I lost my lawyer and my case! Plus the administrator's of this office made it impossible to find out about getting a letter.It took a whole 5 days for them to get back to me, and they wouldn't even tell me the answer, I had to ask my lawyer. If you have a law case do not go to any Proliance Orthopedic Surgeons, they have "Risk Management" that prevents their dr's from helping. Also, he may not have fixed my knee completely.

Submitted September 17, 2011

Dr. Peter Mandt is #1 as far a a Orthopedic Surgeon. I had an accident and broke all three of my main bones in my left foot. Tri-lateral break. He did an emergency surgery, so there was no time to meet him and have it an elective surgery. Throughout the entire two year recovery process, he and his staff were outstanding. After 10 days, I came to his office, and really got to meet him. He is kind, caring, compassionate, and really understands the ankle/knee and did an outstanding job. Even if this was not an emergency and something needed to be done, I would go back to him in a heart beat. His specialties i believe are Knee Replacements and Ankles. I know he does much more, but very much seeing him for a second opinion, i know you wouldn't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

Dr. Peter R. Mandt's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Commercial Insurance Company