Ratings for Dr. Peter R. Mandt

In terms of Dr. Mandt's medical and surgical skill, I would give a 5 stars, absolutely top notch based on my personal surgery results from Dr. Mandt. The reason I am giving a 1 star here is completely due to near inhuman cruelness my mom was treated with by the scheduling staff / coordinators in the Bellevue office. If Yelp provides a way to give negative ratings, I would have given them a NEGATIVE FIVE stars. My mom flew from all the way from a foreign country just to see Dr. Mandt. Her appointment was on 1/4/2017. During the check in, we made it very clear that we were going to pay cash ourselves since my mom does not have insurance in U.S. Surprisingly, the front desk staff asked us for her passport or they will not accept her. I was NEVER told to bring her passport at the time when I scheduled her appoint over the phone. They also told us that they would only give us 15 minutes window to present the passport or they were going to cancel the appointment. Since we do not live very far from the Bellevue office (about 3 miles), my wife hurriedly drove home, fetched my mom's passport and drove back. I grabbed the passport outside the office building from my wife, took the elevators back to the 7th floor and literally limped with my left knee (which previously had big cartilage transplant surgeries) in a hurry in an attempt to dash back to the front desk within time limit. When I get the front desk, the staff crew told me that I was TWO MINUTES late by then and she had to cancel this appointment... Even after I explained to them that my mom flew all the way from a foreign country to see Dr. Mandt and that her returning flight is the day after tomorrow, they were still very firm on turning my mom away and simply stated that they could not do anything about it and that there were no longer any empty slot to see Dr. Mandt before my mom flight back. Even worse, after they realized that I had a photo of my mom's passport's photo page on my cell phone, they said they might possibly have accepted that but "too bad, it's now too late". The cruelness we encountered with the staff crew in the Bellevue office simply astonishes me. It seems like all they care about is maximizing the revenue from as many office visits as possible and they do not have even the slightest sense of professionalism or human sympathy. To treat a 61-year-old lady who travelled across the globe to see Dr. Mandt like this, that's about as cold as anyone could possibly be to even work in the medical industry.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

I have had Dr. Mandt do 2 going on 3 of my knee surgeries. I had Dr. Castle do the first one 6 years ago. Dr. Castle wouldn't believe me that I was still in pain after that surgery so I switched doctors. Where my pain is in my knee it makes it hard to determine what is causing it. Dr. Mandt is trying everything he can to help me not be in pain. I'm 23 now and going to have a 4th knee surgery hopefully the last. I originally tore my ACL and maniscus playing volleyball my junior year of high school. Dr. Mandt preformed the next surgery about 2 years later to go in and remove scar tissue to see if that would help with the pain. This last September 2016 he retook and MRI and X-rays and looked like the "new technology" s crew had splintered off. So he went in and had to remove that s crew and redo my acl at that point. I'm still in pain so going to go back in and remove the titanium s crew to eliminate the potential of that being the pain and he's going to scope around again and praying it fixes the pain. He is so good at explaining everything to me. I work at a veterinary clinic so I understand everyone is different in the way their body's work and heal. Mine just happens to be an extremely tough case.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I never take the time out of my day to write reviews or rate doctors but this doctor was exceptionally good and I think he deserves the acknowledgement! Dr. Mandt treated me with much patience and care that I would expect from a father, he didn't rush any of my appointments and made SURE I thoroughly understood my ACL and Meniscus injury and was completely clear on the surgery and procedure he would be performing. He even took the time to draw out pictures to help me understand and made me feel super comfortable in asking questions. This man truly cares about his patients and I have a lot of respect for him because of that, he is very personable and kind and takes the time to know his patients.. I just really appreciate his kindness throughout everything. I highly recommend him to anyone getting surgery or someone that will be needing an orthopedic doctor for a long period of time.. he's very trustworthy, down to earth, sweet and caring.. very much like a family member.. TEAM DR MANDT!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

I explained to this surgeon that I had a lawsuit in regards to my injury. He said that he didn't enjoy helping with this type of thing but that he was willing, and sometimes had to. I should have chosen the other surgeon who was willing to help! He would not submit a sworn statement of support. So I lost my lawyer and my case! Plus the administrator's of this office made it impossible to find out about getting a letter.It took a whole 5 days for them to get back to me, and they wouldn't even tell me the answer, I had to ask my lawyer. If you have a law case do not go to any Proliance Orthopedic Surgeons, they have "Risk Management" that prevents their dr's from helping. Also, he may not have fixed my knee completely.

Submitted September 17, 2011

Dr. Peter Mandt is #1 as far a a Orthopedic Surgeon. I had an accident and broke all three of my main bones in my left foot. Tri-lateral break. He did an emergency surgery, so there was no time to meet him and have it an elective surgery. Throughout the entire two year recovery process, he and his staff were outstanding. After 10 days, I came to his office, and really got to meet him. He is kind, caring, compassionate, and really understands the ankle/knee and did an outstanding job. Even if this was not an emergency and something needed to be done, I would go back to him in a heart beat. His specialties i believe are Knee Replacements and Ankles. I know he does much more, but very much seeing him for a second opinion, i know you wouldn't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

Dr. Peter R. Mandt's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

MB Health