Ratings for Dr. Neil A. Brickman

He was my doctor with first child (2013). I delivered my baby UNEXPECTEDLY at 35.5 weeks. Dr didn't tell that he was breech. No warning or anything. I went through CS unprepared with a different BH doctor. Thankfully, baby was healthy. Didn't receive any call or even a simple "congratulation" from Brickman's office while in the hospital. Saw him next at postpartum check-up. He seemed bland, cold and uncaring. As if nothing had happened. I was so traumatized by this experience. He is the reason why I became so choosy of doctors afterwards.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Doctor Brickman was my cousin’s doctor during her first pregnancy. During her last trimester, she could barely walk, and she begged Dr. Brickman to put her on a bed rest, but he told her that she was fine. After a 24-hour hospital observation, she was surprised by hearing that it turned out that she was NOT FINE… in fact, my cousin was diagnosed with preeclampsia (BP 167/100 and her protein count was ~1600 with a norm being ~300). Needless to say, doctors at the Beaumont Hospital didn’t agree with Dr. Brickman’s assessment, and my cousin was scheduled for an emergency Cesarean on the same day. After delivering a low weight baby (another doctor from his practice performed the cesarean), she continued having blood pressure issues… but Dr. Brickman didn’t even check on her, and she was released from a hospital without her blood pressure medications. On a positive note, I cannot thank enough the nursing staff of the Beaumont Hospital for taking such a great care of our latest family addition. By now, I and several of our family and friends had left the doctor Brickman’s practice. We all deserve a doctor that listens and cares! Concerned Relative, Sara

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

I've seen dr. Brickman for 12 years and have been through two pregnancies and births with him. I wouldn't trust any one else. Very calm and relaxing Doctor full of knowledge.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Dr. Brickman made me feel comfortable from day one. I trust him completely with my pregnancy and feel very fortunate to have such an awesome doctor

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I have been going to this practice for ten years now, and I'm ready to find somewhere new. Dr. Brickman is very friendly and professional, and I really like him a lot, but unfortunately the staff in the office is awful! Every time I have called in over the past few years it has been a hassle. I get the feeling from every single employee that they are just trying to get rid of me. Every time I call in I usually speak to multiple people who cut me off as I'm trying to explain what I need, and they keep transferring me until I eventually hit a voicemail machine that states my message won't be responded to until the next business day. Finally, a recent incident convinced me that it was time to switch to a new office. I was written the wrong script for my prescription. I need a refill every 21 days, and he wrote it for every 30 days. The pharmacy instructed me to have the doctors office call them to correct this. So I called and there was a message saying all voicemails will be handled next day, if you need it resolved today press 0 for operator. So I did and explained to operator that I needed this resolved today, but before I could finish she cut me off and transferred me back to the closed line. So I pressed 0 again to back to her.... I explained to her that I was written the wrong script and the pharmacy would not refill my prescription for another week. And her snarky response was "Well then how are you gonna get it refilled if they won't give it to you?". Um... Hi, that's why I'm calling you. To fix YOUR mistake. After getting nowhere with them, luckily the girl at the pharmacy was able to help me out. I'm not sure why there is such a theme with their office workers. It's unfortunate because Dr. Brickman really is great, but it's just not worth dealing with their horrible customer service.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Doctor Brickman is very calm & I've NEVER felt rush through an appointment. I've also never waited more than 10 minutes for him. I have waited for other doctors in the practice, but apparently they work less hours at the office. Brickman is a great balance between cautious but not overly. He'll respond to questions & give you realistic answers. He's not one for black & white answers. He plays things on the safe side, which works well for my personality although at first I wanted him to give me stronger opinions. I quickly realized through my pregnancy that his responses were what I needed to hear. He'll give both sides/options for situations or diagnoses. Some people may not like his laid back approach, but I've found it calming through my pregnancy. I will say there is one nurse there that I simply can't stand, but most of them are sweet. There is only one that isn't very friendly & rather cold. The office is ran well & I feel like they are well organized.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

Dr. Brickman's Practice in West Bloomfield is fantastic! He had me rotate with the other Drs in the practice so that I would feel comfortable when it came time for delivery. Dr. Charfoos' cautiousness saved my baby. And Dr. Zekman's bedside manner is one I wouldn't trade. She actually delivered my baby via c-section and checked on me during the days following delivery. For any first time pregnancies, I would HIGHLY recommend this practice. They were professional, knowledgeable, caring and comforting... and the Beaumont affiliation is none other than stellar. The staff at Beaumont was caring, comforting and top notch! My baby was born early and had to stay in the NICU for 2 weeks. I felt very well taken care of by both Dr. Brickman's practice and Beaumont. You will not be disappointed with this decision.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

Dr. Neil A. Brickman's Credentials

• Hebrew

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Top Hospitals in West Bloomfield, MI