Dr. Margaret Penny

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Margaret Penny

Dr. Margaret Penny is an exceptional optometrist. Her experience, knowledge, thoroughness, patience and compassion are invaluable. She takes the time to assess situation from all angles, creates a plan and follows-up in an efficient and effective manner. She cares about her patients and it shows in her approach in all that she does. Dr. Penny also does visual and perception assessments and creates individualized plans in these areas. She has changed my child's vision and, hence, his academic success. He now LOVES to read. He is able to focus and track when reading text of various difficulty levels and his frustration levels have subsided significantly. Her team of administrators, opticians, and all other workers provide excellent customer service. They are friendly, patient, courteous and try to make your stay very comfortable. The office looks very professional. The appointments run on time. There is a great selection of frames and sunglasses to browse through while you wait for your appointment. There is a coffee machine as well as kids' corner where they can draw, read or watch a show. We drive from NW to see this Dr and consider it our privilege.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Dr Penny now has her own private clinic and she is even better than before (If that is possible!). Her child friendly clinic has thought of everything to keep the kids occupied while you go for your exam. Dr Penny is extremely thorough as ever and her stff are just the most friendly and helpful staff you are ever likely to meet. I highly recommend Dr Penny - to everyone - often.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

Dr. Penny is great. She is very knowledgeable and lets you know what she is doing and why. She was great with my son too (3 years old). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

After many, many years of struggle with my vision I accidentally found Dr. Penny on the web. After the first visit I can proudly say that I consider myself a very lucky person. I can finally see the world properly. Dr. Penny is the best!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

My family have been going to Dr. Margaret Penny for decades. For children or adults she's the best - most knowledgable - and kind Optometrist you'd ever want to meet.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

My work takes me to many International locations, I have tried numerous times to obtain Glasses at various places in the world all to no success. Dr. Penny is the only person that I can go to get the Correct Glasses each and every time.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr. Penyy is the BEST optometrist I have ever had!!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr. Penny is great. The staff is high pressure sales. I prefer to shop around for glasses.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Dr. Penny diagnosed my macular degeneration and with a simple pill with lutein it has reversed. I believe in her and trust her implicitly. However, their eyewear line is much too expensive. In February 2012 I had my 2 year visit. That was perfect with the doctor. When I met with the eyewear staff I asked for a copy of my prescription but felt uncomfortable. It is March, 2014, and I did not receive a call from the office for my next visit. I have,always been called in the past. My only reason to go to urban optic is for Dr. Penny otherwise I would not go back.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

i have been with doc penny since i was in grade 5 im now 30 and still with her she is an awesome doc i now take my childern there as well only thing i do not like about her office is that they do no direct bill to my plan and cant afford to pay cash

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Dr. Margaret Penny's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Penny has been in private practice in Calgary for over 35 years. She strives to provide excellence in diagnostic vision care, with an emphasis on the individual’s personal needs. She believes that quality vision care enhances a person’s quality of life. With both a degree in Optometry, and a Masters Degree in Educational psychology, she has a special interest and passion in working with children and adults who have visually related learning difficulties, tracking, focusing and binocular dysfunctions, and perceptual delays. Vision therapy and rehabilitation of these problems has been an integral part of her practice and career. Dr. Penny has been actively involved in her profession, serving as Alberta College Chairman, Registrar, and was the Chairman for the Canadian Examiners in Optometry for 4 years. She is still actively involved in giving seminars and lectures both in Alberta and neighbouring provinces, on “Vision and its Impact on Learning”, and the assessment and treatment of vision problems in the traumatic brain injury patient.

• English