Ratings for Dr. Christopher Jyu

My 10 year old daughter witnessed him yell at my man and kick us both out of his office and call the police, all while I was having a stroke on the floor shortly after our confrontation with Patsy his staff. Nobody did anything to calm her or help us as my man held my head while I lay on ground on waiting room; all because my man said the receptionist Patsy was an idiot because she left us alone when I was starting the onset of a second stroke in a week. He told her I needed help right away and she said I'd be fine and for me to sit down and walked away stating she would be back in a bit. My man went to get Dr.jyu from his office and said I'm having a stroke again ..he came out and then responded by yelling at Him for verbally abusing his staff and told her to call 41 Division on him and told us both to leave while my man said I will leave just help her, he replied I want both of you leave. My man panicked and carriedd me through waiting room all while my 10tear old watched as I sat on chair and subsequently slipped out on to floor. He talked to police when they arrived about my man verbally abiding him and not paramedics except to give them all the wrong info about me because he had not been updated on my case recently regarding visits 2times to emergency. I will be reporting him and this is not going to end well for him considering his neglect and outstanding misconduct today. I too have witnessed him call his receptionist stupid and he has yelled at her and myself before as noted in previous reviews! I'm in shock and my daughter is traumatized from him complaining to the police about her dad while I lay having a stroke seizures on the floor, which ended up lasting an hour at sunnybrooke hospital! I'm tearing up as I write this. 647 300. 7183 if you would like to discuss this. Thank you and take heed seeing Dr. Christopher Jyu

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Saw the way he treated a staff member and I was appalled. He called her stupid and treated her like a child. Poor employees.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

Terrible doctor terrible staff. Not accommodating.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

This doctor is ridiculously rude. Saw him at Rouge valley walk in. He made no eye contact with me opened my file and opened up the screen for a prescription for antibiotics. He said how long have you had that cough, I said 4 days...he went to press print. He didn't ask me what I was there for. I wasn't there for the cough. I was there for a severe ear infection. And I was already on antibiotics. But he didn't need to hear all that because he assumed I was there for the cough. He pulled my ear on top of that causing me excruciating pain and when I asked him for drops he told me no he does not believe in drops nor prescribe them....more antibiotics instead. I was in the room less than 2 minutes. Worse doctor in my experience.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

I went to another doctor to treat a condition I had. took forever and he ended up misdiagnosing and prescribing some medicine which did nothing. Just got worse. Went to see DR JYU, he looked at it once, laughed at the previous diagnosis prescribed an over the counter cream and i saw results the next day and fully cleared by end of week. some people say he is harsh and abrupt. I see him as not liking to have his time wasted. In return i have never felt like he wastes my time. great dr.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr Jyu for over 25 years, and during that time he has diagnosed, treated and helped me through a number of illnesses. At all times he has been thorough, professional and respectful. He can be impatient with his staff at times - but only when he's trying to do his job and can't, because his materials are not where he needs them. He undertook the opening of a new office which placed multiple doctors (including a surgeon) all in one office, in order to provide better care. During my last visit he was mentoring a new Dr - and when his sister passed away, he split his time between her practice and his - so her patients would have a Dr and wouldn't have to travel to his practice. And I like the fact that he shows up to the office in shorts and colourful shirts - it make me feel like I'm dealing with a caring human being, with a good sense of humour. I've seen specialists who have zero personality - Dr Jyu has always balanced being personable and professional. I wouldn't trade him for any other Dr.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

A patient should never feel worried about the mood the doctor will be in for their appointment. I feel rushed out of the office. He will only address one issue at a time.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

He's not rude he just tell you how it is! Been my doctor 15 years and wouldn't go with any other. Very smart man , Best doctor anyone could ask for!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

I'm sure many of the stars Dr. Jyu receives are based on the ratings his poor staff receives. I was a patient of his sister Dr. Taam and inherited him after she passed away. He does not listen, yells at patients, his comments are inappropriate which translates into either no diagnosis or a misdiagnosis. It took me a while but I have found a doctor accepting new patients! She immediately diagnosed me and started treatment. What a difference a real doctor makes!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I was his patient for almost an year and every time i went to see him ,i could not convince myself that this is the doctor i want to be with. He comes late in the morning so all appointments are delayed,waiting one and a half hour is normal.One time after waiting ninty minutes for my appointment , i was taken inside for vitals by the staff, when i was still waiting my four year old son needed to go to washroom , i made him go alone to the washrooms located at the entrance, when he didnt return in 10 minutes i became worried and went out towards the waiting room to look for him and that was the moment dr. jyu called for his next patient who was me....not present there....he had to call twice before i reached there ....you should have seen him yelling at me ....AM I SUPPOSE TO WAIT FOR YOU!now you go back in line....you made me wait.....you have to be here when your name is called......I felt so humiliated...i mean i waited for this man for so long and he gave me all this bad talk because i was 1 minute late..rude and foul mouthed man......As far as being a good doctor goes...he only believes in 'more pills'......extremely bad experience!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015