Ratings for Dr. Christopher Jyu

I've been a patient of Dr Jyu for over 25 years, and during that time he has diagnosed, treated and helped me through a number of illnesses. At all times he has been thorough, professional and respectful. He can be impatient with his staff at times - but only when he's trying to do his job and can't, because his materials are not where he needs them. He undertook the opening of a new office which placed multiple doctors (including a surgeon) all in one office, in order to provide better care. During my last visit he was mentoring a new Dr - and when his sister passed away, he split his time between her practice and his - so her patients would have a Dr and wouldn't have to travel to his practice. And I like the fact that he shows up to the office in shorts and colourful shirts - it make me feel like I'm dealing with a caring human being, with a good sense of humour. I've seen specialists who have zero personality - Dr Jyu has always balanced being personable and professional. I wouldn't trade him for any other Dr.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

A patient should never feel worried about the mood the doctor will be in for their appointment. I feel rushed out of the office. He will only address one issue at a time.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

He's not rude he just tell you how it is! Been my doctor 15 years and wouldn't go with any other. Very smart man , Best doctor anyone could ask for!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

I'm sure many of the stars Dr. Jyu receives are based on the ratings his poor staff receives. I was a patient of his sister Dr. Taam and inherited him after she passed away. He does not listen, yells at patients, his comments are inappropriate which translates into either no diagnosis or a misdiagnosis. It took me a while but I have found a doctor accepting new patients! She immediately diagnosed me and started treatment. What a difference a real doctor makes!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I was his patient for almost an year and every time i went to see him ,i could not convince myself that this is the doctor i want to be with. He comes late in the morning so all appointments are delayed,waiting one and a half hour is normal.One time after waiting ninty minutes for my appointment , i was taken inside for vitals by the staff, when i was still waiting my four year old son needed to go to washroom , i made him go alone to the washrooms located at the entrance, when he didnt return in 10 minutes i became worried and went out towards the waiting room to look for him and that was the moment dr. jyu called for his next patient who was me....not present there....he had to call twice before i reached there ....you should have seen him yelling at me ....AM I SUPPOSE TO WAIT FOR YOU!now you go back in line....you made me wait.....you have to be here when your name is called......I felt so humiliated...i mean i waited for this man for so long and he gave me all this bad talk because i was 1 minute late..rude and foul mouthed man......As far as being a good doctor goes...he only believes in 'more pills'......extremely bad experience!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

I am a new patient of Dr Christopher Jyul and from prior doctors I've had he is the absolute best and I intend on keeping him I've never seen such commitment to his patients Mr Jyu has done in my opinion an impeccable job he is considerate thorough straight up and takes time with patients and does his work like a doctor should has never once been heard by myself yelling at anyone if his voice seems raisesed however I know plenty of people who naturally just talk loud and people consider it yelling. I'm happy with him he had done more in the little time I've known him than any other Dr I've ever had he has more resources at the office than most doctors I know examples I've already seen a social worker a dietitian had a colonoscopy gastroscopy had over 5 blood tests done each time I see him spends at least 20 minutes andactually asks me questions and actually gives full answers I have nothing to say bad about this doctor and I'm sorry other feel different but people have bad days and you try seeing several patients per day you try being a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

07/31/14 at 1.00pm, Rouge Valley Hospital Walk-in-Clinic....This Dr. was about an hr. late. Arrived in shorts and T.Shirt (unacceptable for a Dr.) The Receptionist proceeded to take patients each to room. I then heard him yelling loudly to the patient he was seeing. I had never experienced anything like that. He then came to see why I was there and when I started to explain he did the same thing to me. I was trying to explain that I had been up north and had to see a Dr. at the local hospital. He yelled at me to Focus, Focus Focus on only telling him how I felt that day. This happened twice. He then looked into my mouth, saw nothing and I left. Horrible experience. Will never go back there. This man should be reprimanded severely in my estimation as do many others who were there that same day. I am 80yrs. and hope that no one ever has to be on the receiving end of this man's insulting tones and words.Hopefully this clinic can hire a better Dr.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

I will report this doctor to the College of Physicians. My 80 year old mother went to see him yesterday. He was 1 hour late arriving to the clinic. There were several people waiting and most spoke amongst themselves before going into see him. Upon his arrival the secretary put everyone in an exam room to wait for the doctor. My mother said she heard raised voices in each room before he came to her. Once in the room with her he asked what the problem was and when she went to explain he yelled her name 3 times and said he did not want to hear about her having recently been to the emergency dept while up at our cottage. She needed to tell that part of it so he could understand what was wrong. she tried again to say what was wrong and he continued to yell at her. She got up and left and received no treatment. In the lobby of the hospital, she met the others who had been in the waiting room and they were all upset by his manner. What an appalling excuse for a doctor!!!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

The Dr does not take time with patients. He is always in a rush. He was supposed to complete a physical examination form for my son and he did not do any testing. He only filled the form. I asked him a question and he did not answer it.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

I was a patient of his late sister Dr Taam(RIP)for a long time. Dr Jyu is very rude, has no bedside manners and is usually late arriving at his office. He treats patients very badly, shouting at them so that others in the waiting room can hear what he is saying. He treats his assistant very poorly and why she stays with him, I cannot understand. He misdiagnosed my husband, claiming he had a serious disease. Although, he did refer my husband to a specialist who conducted no testing of his own. The specialist went along with the original diagnosis. Second, third and fourth opinions proved him absolutely wrong. When he was told about the other opinions, he was not pleased, claiming that the other doctors are idiots. Needless to say we are no longer his patients. He needs major attitude adjustments towards his patients and his staff.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014