You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Marianne Ho-Asjoe

At her practice there are 3 doctors, Asjoe, Hoy and Chen. Used to see Asjoe until her recommendation landed me in the emergency for E. Coli. Then I started seeing Dr. Chen who is the only caring and knowledgeable doctor at that office. I saw Dr. Hoy once because I couldn't book Dr. Chen and Dr. Hoy is a b***** -- rushes you out, doesn't seem like she cares about you. Wanted to get a referral to a dermatologist for my rosacea and she declined me and said "rosacea is only on your nose and chin. come bak when it is a problem." UM NO IT CAN BE ON YOUR CHEEKS TOO YOU TW*T. I also asked Dr. Hoy the same day for a referral to do an allergy test and she said no to that too!! I almost punched her in the throat. If you come to this office, the only acceptable person you should see is Dr. Chen unless you like to waste your time.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Dr. Ho was wonderful in the beginning but lately, her level of care has declined. She has become abrupt, sharp tongued and condescending over the past few years. How would she react if I spoke to her the way she spoke to me?? She would NOT care for it. Her "diagnoses" were basically telling me to suck it up and get over it...until I landed in Emergency 5 times in the past few years. Only then did she really pay attention and then have the gall to say that she thought the same thing as the emergency Dr. and suggested that I should listen to my body. Wtf?? I am not looking for sympathy or pills. I want to feel better. I do not like being lethargic, sick and in pain for months or until it lands me in Emergency...again! The locums and other docs in the office are useless!! The skinny one continually interrupts you while talking (so basically she does not listen) and the other one just smiles and nods politely...what a waste of time it is to come in.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

My family has been with them for 30+ years and has added other doctors to her practice in recent years, due to the high demand that she is in, who are also relatively kind and helpful. Unfortunately they have changed the receptionist in recent years. The receptionist told us she tried to contact us, but our phone # was no longer in use, which is false as it has not changed in the last 20+ years, and they ended up destroying all their files under our names which is absolutely awful. Overall the doctors are good, but the reception is a pain to deal with.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Incredibly rude receptionist. In addition to her class act personality, she gave me the wrong appointment times twice! The second time, Dr. Ho-Asjoe scolded me for coming in late (SHE scolded ME - and I had my newborn baby with me). I mentioned that her receptionist gave me the wrong appointment time and she didn't believe me. What I should have done was say that this was just pay back for all of the hours I've spent in her waiting room for her to call me in. I'm usually waiting an hour in her waiting room (at least) and an additional 1/2 hour in the check-up room. One time I purposely asked for the first appointment of the day (8:45 am). I showed up there 10 minutes early and the rude receptionist kept the office door locked so that I couldn't come in (yes it was raining - serves me right for coming in early). At 8:45 sharp she unlocks the door and I begin to wait in the waiting room. 9:00 rolls around and I hear the back door of the office open and close....it was Dr. Ho-Asjoe just arriving into work. She is even late for the first appointment of the day. By the time she saw me I had been waiting for at least 1/2 hour. Did I mention it was the first appointment of the day? Let's just say I have finally changed doctors - And have never been so pleased! :)

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Good doctor and kind hearted. Terrible receptionist who is rude and temperamental. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I've seen her treat other patients with such disrespect, especially with the elderly. Not sure why Dr Ho keeps her around. I've made a complaint before but all Dr Ho did was smile and shrug. Over the years Dr Ho has gotten really busy that appointments are weeks away so I don't bother.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. Ho-Asjoe is a wonderful doctor. She has gotten extremely busy in the last couple years, my whole family has gone to Dr. Ho-Asjoe for 15 years now and love her. She only takes the more serious and urgent cases now and refers the smaller cases to another doctor that works in the clinic. A wait should always be expected but she does try her best to get everyone in. I wouldn't be changing doctors anytime soon!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Her service and availability has gone way down. You cannot get in for to see her when you need her because she's booking almost 2 months out. When you do get in to see her, you will end up waiting up to an hour or more in her waiting room. She hesistates to refer you to a specialist and wil drag out your issue by asking you to come back to see her to evaluate your condition, and then several more months will go by while you wait to get in to see a specialist. She's never given me a physical, and is not keen on testing and will restrict you from getting your labs done. She also rushes you and limits you to one condition per visit, and leaves you feeling like you have no control over your health or access to the healthcare that you're paying for and deserve. Don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Our entire family loves Dr. Ho-Asjoe. She has been our family doctor for many, many years. She is knowledgable, funny, and extremely helpful. Despite her busy schedule, we have never considered changing physicians. However, recently, her awful receptionist, Wendy, is making us second guess our decision. Like the other reviewers, I'm unsure why Dr. Ho-Asjoe even bothers keeping her. Wendy is rude, and definitely plays favourites - she will offer you appointment times based on how much she likes you. Her office manners are nearly non-existent. Furthermore, she has the audacity to talk negatively about you to other patients in the waiting room in Cantonese if she doesn't think you can understand. Overall, excellent doctor with a horrid receptionist.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

I have been going to her clinic for 14 years even though I now live a 40 minute drive from her. I realize she's not the most punctual but I prefer the longer wait time than being treated poorly/rushed out/not being diagnosed properly/not having my questions answered. For people who complain about having to book an appointment 3 weeks in advance but somehow got scheduled in if it turned out to be really serious. That's because she's working over time and trying to squeeze you in when there's no room. I realized this when I told the receptionist I needed an urgent refill for a prescription and they squeezed me in at the end of the day. There was technically no space then but Dr. Ho-Asjoe stayed at her clinic later and even though no was there anymore (the receptionist went home), she still took the time to see me because she cares (or at least seems to care) about her patients. Wendy isn't that nice but she's not horrible. She does her job and I don't try to make small talk with her.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2012

Dr. Ho-Asjoe is a fantastic doctor. She's caring, helpful and very knowledgeable and backs her diagnosis of symptoms with examples of studies that she has read and or conferences she has attended. She is always friendly, very comfortable to talk to, and has great referrals. Because she is so thorough she will answer all your questions, and if there's something you don't understand she'll explain it again in regular laymens terms with examples. She's great!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

Dr. Marianne Ho-Asjoe's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "At her practice there are 3 doctors, Asjoe, Hoy and Chen. Used to see Asjoe until her recommendation landed me in the emergency for E. Coli. Then I started seei..."

March 31, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ho was wonderful in the beginning but lately, her level of care has declined. She has become abrupt, sharp tongued and condescending over the past few year..."

February 10, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "My family has been with them for 30+ years and has added other doctors to her practice in recent years, due to the high demand that she is in, who are also rela..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Incredibly rude receptionist. In addition to her class act personality, she gave me the wrong appointment times twice! The second time, Dr. Ho-Asjoe scolded me ..."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Good doctor and kind hearted. Terrible receptionist who is rude and temperamental. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I've seen her treat other..."

February 3, 2015