Ratings for Dr. Carl B. Heilman

Dr. Heilman is amazing, he helps make a scary situation less scary. He takes the time to answer all your questions and listens to your concerns. He explores all options and heels you make the best decisions for you and your life.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Wonderful neurosurgeon modest about his skill. Operated on my son's brain tumor. The surgery was very successful. Caring, compassionate, and kind. If you need a neurosurgeon, especially for a skull base surgery meet him! Great Dr, great staff, and Tufts exceeded our expectations. With many thanks....

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

DR Carl Heilman is the best doctor that I know of as well as his staff. I 1995 he saved my life..

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Dr Heilman is absolutly amazing ! he preformed a decompression surgery on my head due to a Chiari type 1 malformation . I went four years suffering because i was also told it wasnt that bad even though it just kept getting worse. Finally i found Dr Heilman and he gave me a chance to start living again and i will always be very grateful of him

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Dr Heilman is the best of the best. Neurological issues are alarming an confusing in their own right but Dr Heilman has a way to bring clarity, calmness and confidence around the discussions. He is so sweet, patient, humble and a genius with his work. I'm grateful for him and looking forward to a great recovery.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

Dr. Heilman is the best Neurosurgeon in Boston and his staff is every bit as good. Thank you Dr. Heilman for giving me my life back from Chairi, you were the only one that believed me.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

Dr. Heilman is the best. He is a topnotch surgeon and a caring doctor.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

Dr. Heilman is both caring and brilliant. The doctor I had for my surgery (also wonderful--Dr. Wu) couldn't see me because he was running late from surgery. Dr. Heilman explained everything to me complete with charts and diagrams. He was kind and listened to all of my questions. He is just FABULOUS!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2009

Dr. Heilman is a brilliant and talented surgeon and is extremely compassionate, caring, and kind. His diagnosis and surgical skills are excellent, he is extremely reassuring and comforting, and he is thorough and makes sure all questions are answered. He is easy to talk to, personable, accessible to patients, and very trustworthy. He truly cares about his patients' well-being and is extremely well-respected and well-liked.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

I have Chiari Malformation. Dr Heilman performed my surgery and gave me my life back. From my first appointment to discharge from hospital, everyone was excellent.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

Dr. Carl B. Heilman's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Oxford