Ratings for Dr. Richard D. Thomas

I have never been anything but satisfied with ANY of my appointments I have had with Dr. Thomas. He is so friendly and explained what was going on so clearly in an effort to help me better understand exactly what was going on! He clearly knows what he is doing and wants nothing but the best for his patients. I had my back surgery done by Dr. Thomas and have been able to return back to my old life pain free. I would recommend him to anyone I know!!!!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Doctor Thomas's follow up care is very poor. Before your surgery he will see you and offer unrealistic expectations of what the surgery will do and will try to sell you on having it done. Once your surgery is over you will NOT be seen by the doctor himself and will not have a physical examination done at all. If there are complications post surgery, like in my case, then good luck getting anything done. I have had numerous MRIs and am still waiting to find out the results of the last one. I am in more pain now after the surgery then I was before, and my quality of life has greatly diminished. I have had to change my job and take a pay cut because of the severe pain I am still in, and at home I cannot even play with/pick up my kids. The doctor and staff do not care about any of this or the outcome of my surgery. I just wanted the problem fixed. Now I am looking at a 2nd surgery in 1 year. I agree that all they want is your money.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

Dr Thomas agreed that follow-up surgery was required on my 31 yr old daughter. Her previous surgeon lost his license due to malpractice. He said she first needed phys therapy, which only made the problem worse. He took her off her pain meds cold turkey, which shocked our primary care doctor, who put her quickly back on them, then refused the calls from our primary. His PA told her that she should be glad because her spine had fused. We couldn't get an appointment for another 2 months. We went to a neuro-surgeon who did a CT scan and told us that, thankfully, her spine had NOT fused. If it had, nothing could've been done to help her. As it is, he and a vascular surgeon will have to go in from the front and the back to repair the extensive damage. He couldn't believe Dr. Thomas had not operated immediately and risked the time where it could've fused. Dr. Thomas obviously only wanted the money. I would not recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012

Dr. Thomas did my back surgery and I couldn't have been more happy. I'd recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

Dr. Richard D. Thomas's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Multiplan