Ratings for Dr. Brian Carswell

I find Dr. Carswell very pleasant and interested in the problem.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

My experience w/ this doctor was less then satisfactory. I have never in my life been to a doctor who used words such as 'retard' and asked such questions as 'are you faking?'. Indeed this doctor did teach me one thing, that not all doctors will help you, some doctors (such as Dr. Carswell) choose to deal with things they don't understand in a negative way. All doctors should go through psychological evaluation before being allowed to care for those in need, so they can clear their judgements of their own experiences in life in order to help those who need it.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Brian has been my doctor since my first pregnancy in 1984. I believe I am alive today because of Brian's sincere care and concern and his ability to practice collaborative medicine. He listens, he is respectful, the nurses admire him (which is important) and frankly he feels like a member of my family, he has called from home to check on me and my family members and we were even asked to go to his home when we needed something signed in an emergency situation on Sunday. He is the real deal and a role model for other doctors. I fear the day he retires, as I probably won't ever be able to be sick again, he is irreplaceable.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

I have had to see this guy at least 5 times at the clinic,,he is awful--his standard answer is---you will need to make an appt and come back to see your regular doctor..i also find him rushy and patronizing--all4 of us in my family have seen him and now will simply walk out if he is the clinic doc we all cant stand him.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009

Brian has been my Doctor for 35 years, he was recommended by Dr. Richard Murphy when he retired. Brian is the best, he talk's in laymans language and takes the time to explain. And when he is in doubt he sends you to a Specialist. Always in a good mood and cheerful. Rating on PUNCTUALITY---if he is running a little behind time, you can be sure he was probably taking the TIME with the patient pryor to me. In MY Book he is 5 STAR-----Very Knowledgeable and Helpful. FROM A RETIRED LOGGER

flag | Submitted December 10, 2008

Dr Carswell has been our family Dr for over 30 years.I started going to him because the head nurse at the hospital had him as her Dr and said he was the best diagnostician at that time.He has always been fantastic at routing out the problem and beingquick to refer when needed,If you are looking for a chatty person he is definitely not the one.I f you are looking for someone who puts your health first andd won.t be satisfied till you get the right answers he's the doc for you.We,ve moved from C.R but continue to retain him.He's a gem!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2008

Dr.Carswell has been my Dr. for the past 15 years. I have been living in Victoria for the past 5 years and I haven't been able to find a Dr. that compares to him. In fact I even drive to C.R. for my major appointments to see him. I value his opinion immensely. He's professional,kind, knowledgeable and he's not always rushing you out the door! He's the best kind of Dr., he's human. He never acts superior to you or talks down to you. I hope he never retires

flag | Submitted November 11, 2007

DR. CARSWELL HAVE BEEN OUR FAMILY DOCTOR FOR OVER THIRTY YEARS. HIS VERY DOWN TO EARTH A GOOD LISTENER. HE WILL DO THE VERY BEST HE CAN FOR EACH PERSON WHEN IT COMES TO GIVING THEM THE PROPER TREATMENT FOR THEIR HEALTH PROBLEM. HIS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE. WHEN DR. CARSWELL CAN'T FIND A ANSWER FOR YOUR MEDICAL CONDITION HE WILL REFER YOU TO A SPECIALIST OR ASK ANOTHER DOCTOR FOR HELP.HE CARES ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO VISIT HIM FOR HEALTH ISSUES.OUR FAMILY INTENDS TO KEEP HIM AS OUR PHYSICIAN ,AND HOPEFULLY HE WILL BE AROUND FOR A VERY LONG TIME. I HAVE HEARD MANY POSITIVE REPORTS REGARDING HIS WORK. SOME PEOPLE MAY DISAGREE WITH MY REPORT,BUT ONLY BECAUSE HIS A DOCTOR WHO IS OUT SPOKEN AND WILL TELL EACH PERSON THE TRUTH . HE DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE IF THEY DISLIKE HIM FOR THIS BECAUSE HE BELIEVES IT TAKES MORE THEN A DOCTOR TO MAKE ONE WELL IT TAKES SOME EFFORT REGARDING THE PERSON CARING ENOUGH TO HELP THEMSELVES. If they wish to get well then they will take his advice. Sylvia

flag | Submitted July 15, 2007

Dr Brian Carswell was our Family Doctor for many years when we lived in Campbell River. He delivered both my babies..who are adults now. We always knew we could talk to him about anything without embarrassement. We all knew he cared about his patients and could be trusted with our lives and well being. (Wilf + Gay)

flag | Submitted June 22, 2007

takes his time - answers all questions he is open to second opinion, seeing specialists

flag | Submitted June 14, 2007