Ratings for Dr. Eric J. Kuhn

Very confused and disappointed! Did the exam and left the room. Did not give an opportunity for questions. When I mentioned that I did not get to ask my questions to the front desk, they sent me to the room. When he came back, he was in a hury and did not take the time to understand my questions.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Dr Kuhn is very positive and direct with the treatment plan.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

He nicked my liver during surgery to remove a large kidney stone, but claimed the intense pain after the surgery was not pain, but anxiety. He sent me home. Despite my family's daily calls to his office, he continued to reassure them that this was normal and that I should take more pain meds. After a week of not eating or drinking or moving, I was rushed to the ER, where they discovered my liver had been leaking bile into my chest cavity. The bile hardened around my lungs and I required a thoracotomy. The doctor said it was like peeling an orange off my lungs. I almost died and have not been able to trust a doctor since. I understand that mistakes can happen, but this man should not be trusted with aftercare. He was too excited about scoring a giant kidney stone to care about his patient. Beware of this one. Get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

Dr. Kuhn performed a robotic radical prostatectomy on me due to cancer. He was VERY efficient, explained the procedure very well and followed up with personal concern. He did not, however, explain the recovery procedure very well. His "warning" that there would be "a little swelling" did not adequately prepare me for what occurred the next day. His explanation of how to handle the catheter and side effects was a bit deficient. Still, I trust his expertise implicitly. His staff, however, is not doing him any favors.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2009

Dr. Eric J. Kuhn's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)