Ratings for Dr. Eric S. Ward

Dr. Ward has been great, very knowledgeable and very caring. His staff in the other hand - not so much. We've had to call multiple times to get tests scheduled (he said his staff would call us with the info - not once.) I'm trying to reach him right now about a billing mistake. His phone system does not give you an option for billing questions or talk to a human. Dr. Ward is great. His staff sucks.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

I was recently diagnosed with stage 4 renal cancer by staff at hospital, sent for follow up with eric ward, but was told by his staff, due to an outstanding balance that had yet to be paid by insurance (it had been 21 days), that I would need to pay balance prior to being seen. No way! Left before being seen, where is this man's head?$$$$

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

I couldn't be more disappointed with a doctor. I had very specific questions about my medical history, my family medical history and my future wellness. Doctor Ward dismissed all of that. He did a brief diagnosis after I explained my concerns. He informed me that part of my procedure would be routine, and the other part would be exploratory. He stated he would let me know how it turns out. I asked specifically how much the procedure will cost. He gave no estimate or rough idea. He said specifically, "you have insurance, so it's nothing to worry about." On the day of the procedure he said 2 sentences to me prior and none afterward. Nobody gave me any information specific to my concerns. All I got was a form about post opp care for the area and a prescription for pain medicine. I was upset, then I saw the billings (over $9k). I called the office on 3 different occasions. I asked to speak to the Dr and was told it wasn't possible. Never provided a clear answer. Worst service ever!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

I totally agree with the review from 10/11/10. I've been to him 4 times now regarding a kidney stone. This time was 1 year after the stone for a follow up. Every time it was over an hour past my appt. time, before I saw him for the ~20 seconds that he talks to you. This time, he didn't even know how many stones I've had, he thought it was multiple times. Then he didn't even know how long ago it was, all while sitting there staring at his laptop. The previous time, I waited over an hour and a half, just for him to give me a poorly photocopied list of "what not to eat, to avoid kidney stones" that anyone could google to get, yet I paid an office visit for it, and waisted time off my job for the visit. On the initial visit I had multiple questions that I forced him to answer, all while he kept backing out the door, after each question.... Do yourself a favor and find another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Our experience with this doctor was of very poor quality. During both of our visits, he took over an hour after our appointment time to get to us. When he arrived, he rushed through our concerns, failed to demonstrate care for the patient and provided absolutely no assistance in helping us get to the root of the problem. At one point, when inquiring more about the diagnosis, Ward says: "well most doctors wouldn't talk to you as much as I have about the problem". He irresponsibly prescribes antibiotics despite admitting that he was not certain he made the appropriate diagnosis. After our second appointment, my husband began to experience severe pain due to one medicines he prescribed. I called to inquire if anything else could be prescribed. After several hours of waiting, we received a call saying that Ward suggested that we try to see someone else. He completely cut us off and left us to deal with our issue alone. I strongly encourage you to spend your time and money elsewhere

flag | Submitted October 11, 2010

I have to disagree with the previous post Dr. Ward is the most compassianate Dr that I know. Dr Ward was my fathers physician for 15 yrs and when he passed last month Dr Ward was the only Dr that even took the time to knowledge him as person and not just another patient. I would highly reccomend Dr Ward to anyone that has urological problems.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2010

A few days after my surgery my incision blew open & I went to the ER. Prior to that I spend 3 days trying to communicate w/Dr. Ward, to no avail. His staff blew me off, his answering service couldn't reach him. I ended up having a second surgery. I complained to the State Medical Board: this was not the minimum standard of care. 15 months later the Board determined no disciplanary action would be taken against him. The man is NOT in the leaset compassionate regarding his patients.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

Dr. Eric S. Ward's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)