Ratings for Dr. James T. Majors

My sister was in labor for almost 50 hours. Finally he came to the conclusion the baby was not dropping low enough. Emergency c section. Well now 2 weeks latee she has been admitted twice. Because the insisen was infected she has fluid between her abdominal while and uterus. Finally they drained it she was sent home remind u she has a fever almost 103. She went home ... going thru everything to try and get a referal fro. Majors to the wound clinic to have her dressings changed. Finally gets that goes in the wound nurse.calls majors and tell him he needs to come and look at this. He said no. He was to busy. Now she is admitted again!!! Going through the same thing but now her flesh is dying. Majors have no awnsers .. We have been asking for him. ... still not here. He is one of the most unprofessional doctors I have ever met. As far as I'm concerned he cut her wrong which I have read he has done in the past. He needs to fix this. My sister shouldnt be at a hospital since her daughter was born she can't do hardly anything

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Dr Majors has been my Dr since my son was born three years ago. I had such horrible experiences with the dr I had during my pregnancy that I filed complaints with anyone and everyone. I was nervous to form a new relationship with a new dr and had trust issues. He has followed through with everything. He has solved my problems, answered my questions, and thoroughly taken taken care of me. I am scheduled for a hysterectomy next month and wish he had been the one to deliver my son.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

I was scheduled for induction and was in labor 35 hrs and actively pushed for 3 hrs. Dr. Majors did a vacuum assist 3 times. On the third he told me that he had to get him out now or we have to do a c-section. I guess he did not want to take the time to do the section because he then cut me into my rectum (4th degree episiotomy). Afterwards my stitches could not hold and got in turn got infected. From what other surgeons have told me this was because Dr. Majors did not correctly sew me up. At that point no other doctor would touch me, even his partners... So he removed the rest of the stitches and I had to wait 6 months to get my vagina, rectal and sphincter repaired by a colorectal surgeon. I still have inconstance and it has affected my marraige and sex life forever. My son was also sunny side up (meaning he was face towards the ceiling, instead of down towards floor) and had a very large head... Dr. Majors never thought it would be beneficial to do a ultrasound to check size, etc..

flag | Submitted December 14, 2012

If you would have asked me 4 months ago about Dr. Majors I would have recomeded him to anyone, hes been my Dr. for many years. That is until I went into labor at 22 weeks with my twins and lost them hours after they were born at 23 weeks. I called his office multiple times and good samaritan l and d the 2 weeks before and was told everything was fine. When i checked into TG they told me if my cervix would have been watched and they would have caught it earlier they would have put in a cerclage and hopefully at least kept them in a couple more weeks. I told him the first appt. my IVF doctor told us to watch my cervix he said i was young and healthy and it wasn't something to worry about. I think he is a great person but I don't believe he should have high risk patients.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

Dr. Majors has delivered all three of my kids and I can honestly say, he's on of the best doctors I've ever had. He is patient and thourough and takes time for his patients. He has excellent bedside manner and has never made me feel uncomfortable. I have recommended him to all of my friends and they are equally as impressed! He is the best of the best!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

Dr. Majors is a wonderful doctor and person! He is truly caring and very personable. When I was looking for a new gynecologist I was looking for someone with whom I would feel comfortable. I asked my GP who he thought I would like, was a bit concerned that Dr. Majors was a man since I had only seen women gynecologists before, but found that he has been the best doctor so far! I am confident that when I am ready to have children he will be the right person to help me through such an important time.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

I found him to be very helpful, friendly, approachable, caring, and thorough. Great bedside manner. The staff was professional.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Dr. James T. Majors's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Wellcare Health Plans