Ratings for Dr. Anne Dobson

I've seen Dr Dobson twice in Victoria as she was a locum for another doctor. The first time she diagnosed a serious condition and had me admitted to the hospital for surgery urgently. Unfortunately she was not able to perform the surgery because I was on a list waiting and she was not on shift anymore when I finally went in. The second time I saw her was a similar situation, however she was able to do the surgery. She was so amazing. She remembered me from last time as well. She explained everything and talked with me to make sure I understood everything and was comfortable with any decisions that may need to be made. She was very caring. She even came to see me in the recovery room to speak with me after my surgery and reassured me and made me feel comfortable. I wish she would stay in Victoria! Such an amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

She was a locum for Dr Hunt here in Victoria BC. I liked her. She asked me lots of questions, examined me, drew diagrams so I could visualize my rectocele better, had helpful suggestions. Very down to earth, caring doctor. I hope she stays in Victoria :).

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

I'm 30yrs old and had a hysterectomy by Dr.dobson althu I was happy with the surgery itself in extremely unhappy with my after care. She never saw me after surgery because Saturday is her day off apparently she another came and saw me who didn't even know what I had done let alone I had to ask her to look at my incisions.i was then released not even 24hrd later. I phoned the next week to book my follow up only to find out she was all booked up and gone on holidays for a month. So I was squeezed in with a training doc 8 weeks after surgery not the 6i should've been seen at. The receptionist was very rude telling me it wasn't her fault I didn't call before my surgery to book my follow up and if everything was ok I was fine, and continued to argue that I was being den in 6weeks until she counted the calendar. I will not be back nor would I recommend this doc who actually want to see the doc who operated on them.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

Dr. Dobson is an excellent doctor. I am so thankful to have such a good doctor in our area. We don't have to go to Vancouver or some bigger centre to get expert care. I just had a large ovarian cyst removed by Dr. Dobson. She explained in detail everything she was going to do. She explained very well the pros and cons of everything she did. She really knows her field. She is confident and willing to help. I was very impressed by the 'extra mile' she went to make me completely happy with the surgery. I felt totally respected by her. She came to see me before the surgery and after also. I did not feel at all like I was just a number that she was trying to push out the door. I am very pleased to have her as my doctor. Also, an added benefit, Dr. Dobson speaks French which was great for my husband who is French. I am very grateful to Dr. Dobson for the care she has given me.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

I was extremely pleased with dr dobson's care. She delivered my son via c-section . She explained pris and cons and made sure i knew the desicion was mine. She was gentle, and considerate with excellent bedside manners. The surgery was quick and well done with minimal scaring and pain. She came to my room twice to follow up with me. She was very honest and knowledgable. She made every effort to make my experience as comfortable as possible. If i could have her deliver another child for me i would be so thankful. Best care ive ever had from a physician!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

Very matter-of-fact, up-front & gets things done; sometimes something doesn't seem like a great idea, but after the fact it definitely WAS. Very knowledgeable. Friendly affect & casual.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

this dr was very helpful in explaining the procedure and empathetic towards me. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

Dr. Dobson is a competent and caring physician. I found her post cancer surgery check up to be the most comprehensive and informative.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

Dr. Dobson did a procedure on me last year; I was very apprehensive and she was reassuring, gave me all the information that I needed (and included options and pros/cons of each). She had to do one quite painful procedure without meds, and was as gentle as possible. this doctor comes across as being straight forward and to the point - not terrifically sympathetic, but honest, and that's what I wanted.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

This doctor didnt even show up at the clinic until at least 20 min after my appointment was schedualed to begin. While she was to the point, her bedside manner was very ruff as well as borderline rude and offensive. I left more confused then I had been before our conversation. She made me feel too uncomfortable to ask questions. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009