Ratings for Dr. R. Marshall Ackerman

Dr. A is great. He did my knee replacement surgery and I can't tell you how great it feels. Now the other knee is going bad and I want him to do the surgery on it, but he says I'm still a year or two away. He's a great doctor and an incredible surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

I went to Dr. Ackerman for a second opinion regarding hip replacement and was so pleased that I chose him for my surgery. I was walking with a cane the day after bilateral hip replacement, had very little pain and no complications. He is an excellent surgeon and is very positive, caring and direct.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010

I've been seeing Dr. Ackerman for several years with knee pain; says I'll need knee replacement eventually. He's tried different approaches, with cortisone injections working for a few years. He does not rush into surgery, says I'll know when it's time. For me, that's when I cannot walk for exercise or dance. I find him caring and knowledgeable, glad he's not one to rush to surgery.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

Went for hip pain. He diagnosed traumatic bursitis and recommended cortisone and pt, both of which I did. I continued to worsen. He suggested I give "it" 6 more months (this was after 4 months already). I went for a second opinion...I have two labral tears and impingement. Diagnosing this has become much more prevalent in about the last 7 years...I honestly think he is a very capable doctor, just outdated.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2009

Dr. Ackerman was compassionate and kind though some what rushed. Very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

Dr. Ackerman is a top-notch professional who is very caring and and excellent surgeon. I would trust him with my life!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2009

Dr. R. Marshall Ackerman's Credentials

Hip and Knee Arthritis Specialist

• Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 15261 (Grad. 1962)
  • University of Iowa (Grad. 1969)

• Knee pain