Ratings for Dr. Manjula Murthi

I was recommended to dr Manju for my first pregnancy, and she was honestly really great. Its been a couple years now since I seen her last, but I do remember she was very friendly and knowledgeable. She was a bit slower on punctuality but I expect that in GP, when we had our baby she was super busy and exhausted looking by the time she got to me but we had baby pushed out in an hour. During her time with us she jokes with my husband and played along guessing the gender of our baby and all that. Pretty good experience for my first time I'd say, even with her being as busy as she is. Thank you !

flag | Submitted November 2, 2018

I had Manjula for a Dr and I got preeclampsia and she encores it and made me wait for another two weeks to give birth she could have killed me and my daughter. plus while I was in labour she went home while we were struggling to keep my babies heartbeat up. This Dr also will not tell you what is going on or if everything ok. She gives the littlest information she can. she also has problems with her medical leave notes she refuses to fix

flag | Submitted August 7, 2018

I was interpretor for two refugees with this doctor... attending all their appointments and labor... i think she is caring, attentive and informative.. i highly recommend her

flag | Submitted July 19, 2018

I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the care provided by this clinic. The staff are not interested and not helpful. Dr. Manju was always in a hurry and barely spoke to me during my appointments, and then two weeks before my due date she just causally mentions that she is going away for three months and won't be there to deliver my baby. Had I known in advance I would have switched providers in a heartbeat, I thought that was very unprofessional to tell me that right before delivery when she had known for months that she wouldn't be there. For my 6 week post Pardum check, I showed up to a locked office, nobody had called me to cancel or reschedule my appointment, so I went home confused, I waited a couple days for them to call and book me in... No call. I ended up calling them, and after explaining that I had driven accross town with my newborn to be greeted with a locked door and no explanation, the receptionist did not apologise or explain, just told me that she didn't know if they could get me in anywhere because the doctor was now away for a couple of weeks. It was very upsetting, I now have to go to a walk in clinic for treatment that should have been given by my provider. I will be using a different doctor for all my future kids. On a brighter note, the doctor who took over for her was wonderful. Dr. Huber explained everything to me thoroughly and took his time, he was great on delivery day and I would recommend him highly to others if he set up practice in GP.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

The staff were usually grumpy. Dr. Manju knows a lot but was not helpful when I would ask questions as a first time Mom. She also ignored me when I mentioned a bladder Infection and did not do any follow up with me after the birth ... I had to ask her to check that I had healed from the stitches, but I never got my blood pressure checked, weight or pap test after the baby was born. Was quite disappointed.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

She does not listen to her patients wishes and has specified she does not like it when you use Doulas for support. She was very unsupportive of a natural birth and is an induction pusher. If you fight her on induction she will just go ahead and schedule it for you saying she will NOT LET you go over you EDD! Will never be back again or suggest her to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Dr. Manju Murthi is an amazing ObGyne. She was very patient and calm when assisting me throughtout the delivery of my daughter. Today, our last day of appointment with her, I will surely remember her help for me. Words and numerous "thank u" won't be enough to express hoe grateful I am. I personally and highly recommend her to my co-Filipino moms. Again, most sincere thanks to you Dr. Manju. >>> Sincerely, Marife

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Thinking this would be a good OBGYN for my second pregnancy, based on other reviews here, I went to see Dr. Manju. Was always in quite quick and everything was always fine and good when I asked her how my blood results were and how things were with the baby. I am now 31 weeks pregnant and discovered from my new doctor in Edmonton that my blood results show I'm incredibly anemic (iron), have a urinary tract infection, and am literally starving according to all the results on my records. Not impressed at all with Dr. Manju. I don't want to hear only good news, I want all of it so I can fix any issues or problems but Manju just told me everything was good. Won't be seeing her again, incredibly disappointed.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Went to her for both of my pregnancies. Very great doctor!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

She is an amazing doctor!!! I drove 600km one way to see her throughout my pregnancy and would do it again in a heart beat! She helped me achieve my VBAC when I was told no by the 3 local doctors. She is gentle and compassionate, caring, knowledgeable and EXTREMELY good at her job. Also remembered my twins and husband names after the first visit. She was amazing at accommodating all my weird request regarding my labour and the baby care afterward. Made a point to check in a lot after she induced me and after baby was born. Stayed in the room after baby for a while even after my other kids and Mom came back. Even called me after we left GP to see how me and baby were doing. There is nothing more that I could have asked for and will be seeing her again with next baby. Hands down amazing! Love this doctor!!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013