Ratings for Dr. Manjula Murthi

I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the care provided by this clinic. The staff are not interested and not helpful. Dr. Manju was always in a hurry and barely spoke to me during my appointments, and then two weeks before my due date she just causally mentions that she is going away for three months and won't be there to deliver my baby. Had I known in advance I would have switched providers in a heartbeat, I thought that was very unprofessional to tell me that right before delivery when she had known for months that she wouldn't be there. For my 6 week post Pardum check, I showed up to a locked office, nobody had called me to cancel or reschedule my appointment, so I went home confused, I waited a couple days for them to call and book me in... No call. I ended up calling them, and after explaining that I had driven accross town with my newborn to be greeted with a locked door and no explanation, the receptionist did not apologise or explain, just told me that she didn't know if they could get me in anywhere because the doctor was now away for a couple of weeks. It was very upsetting, I now have to go to a walk in clinic for treatment that should have been given by my provider. I will be using a different doctor for all my future kids. On a brighter note, the doctor who took over for her was wonderful. Dr. Huber explained everything to me thoroughly and took his time, he was great on delivery day and I would recommend him highly to others if he set up practice in GP.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

The staff were usually grumpy. Dr. Manju knows a lot but was not helpful when I would ask questions as a first time Mom. She also ignored me when I mentioned a bladder Infection and did not do any follow up with me after the birth ... I had to ask her to check that I had healed from the stitches, but I never got my blood pressure checked, weight or pap test after the baby was born. Was quite disappointed.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

She does not listen to her patients wishes and has specified she does not like it when you use Doulas for support. She was very unsupportive of a natural birth and is an induction pusher. If you fight her on induction she will just go ahead and schedule it for you saying she will NOT LET you go over you EDD! Will never be back again or suggest her to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Dr. Manju Murthi is an amazing ObGyne. She was very patient and calm when assisting me throughtout the delivery of my daughter. Today, our last day of appointment with her, I will surely remember her help for me. Words and numerous "thank u" won't be enough to express hoe grateful I am. I personally and highly recommend her to my co-Filipino moms. Again, most sincere thanks to you Dr. Manju. >>> Sincerely, Marife

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Thinking this would be a good OBGYN for my second pregnancy, based on other reviews here, I went to see Dr. Manju. Was always in quite quick and everything was always fine and good when I asked her how my blood results were and how things were with the baby. I am now 31 weeks pregnant and discovered from my new doctor in Edmonton that my blood results show I'm incredibly anemic (iron), have a urinary tract infection, and am literally starving according to all the results on my records. Not impressed at all with Dr. Manju. I don't want to hear only good news, I want all of it so I can fix any issues or problems but Manju just told me everything was good. Won't be seeing her again, incredibly disappointed.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Went to her for both of my pregnancies. Very great doctor!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

She is an amazing doctor!!! I drove 600km one way to see her throughout my pregnancy and would do it again in a heart beat! She helped me achieve my VBAC when I was told no by the 3 local doctors. She is gentle and compassionate, caring, knowledgeable and EXTREMELY good at her job. Also remembered my twins and husband names after the first visit. She was amazing at accommodating all my weird request regarding my labour and the baby care afterward. Made a point to check in a lot after she induced me and after baby was born. Stayed in the room after baby for a while even after my other kids and Mom came back. Even called me after we left GP to see how me and baby were doing. There is nothing more that I could have asked for and will be seeing her again with next baby. Hands down amazing! Love this doctor!!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

Very calm Dr during delivery. A very short waiting time during office visits which is really good. Tries to avoid interventions such as episiotomy ect. Tries to accommodate patients wishes as much as possible. A great Dr. Would recommend to all expecting mothers.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2013

Love dr Manju! She delivered both my babies. I have never waited for longer then 30mins in her office. She remembers you and your medical history and your family pretty well! She has a very sweet and patient demeaner about her. I'm done at 2 kids, but if I were to have another i would choose her in a heart beat!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

Dr. Murthi was my doctor for all three of my pregnancies. I found her to be kind and respectful; I never felt I was rushed or that any of my concerns were silly. She eased any fears I had about vbac delivery and actually listened to me. I always felt cared for and listened to. I would recommend Dr. Murthi to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013