Ratings for Dr. Eva R. Jones

I wish it was possible to give ZERO STARS . What a disgrace ..I am livid right now. I had a cerclage placed in Friday that was done by Dr. Jones. She was unpleasant and rude the entire time. She did not want to check for the fetal heart tone before the procedure which was required. Finally she reluctantly went ahead and checked for it while screaming "What the h*ll is wrong with this thing?" at the ultrasound machine. While the nurses waited for the spinal anesthesia to kick in Dr. Jones yelled out "What are we waiting for!?" The nurse kindly explained to her that we were waiting on the anesthesia to work because I was still able to lift my knees and wiggle my toes. In which Dr. Jones replied "Well, I can wiggle my toes too". Once the procedure was done I was expecting to see her after the surgery. She never showed. What type of doctor doesn't visit their patient after a surgery? I never found out how the surgery went I just assumed it went well . I was not given a follow up date or told when I would be able to return to work. The only restriction I was given was no S*X (intercourse) which she yelled out twice before the surgery. I called the office Saturday no response. I later found out that they aren't open on Sat. . I called Monday and after informing the receptionist that I wasn't given a follow up date or told when I could go back to work I was put on a brief hold ..then told "If you are feeling up to it you can go to work" ..went to work and now I'm having alot of discomfort ..called back and was told there isn't anything they can do about it.. The receptionist took it upon herself to schedule a 11:45 appointment in which I don't recall confirming... A living nightmare she needs to just retire because she clearly does not genuinely care about her patients.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

I wish I actually took the the time out beforehand to read these comments thoroughly. I decided to give them a chance despite the terrible reviews. Most of these comments are very accurate. The office is horrible ..staff as well as Dr. Eva Jones are rude and unprofessional. I had my second appointment today and when I tell you I was so UPSET I kid you not. They ask questions as if you didn't fill out any paperwork. There's a reason why they have your chart. The nurse with the short cut is very unpleasant. She'll have you read your weight to her outloud, take your own blood pressure cuff off, and bark out questions that should be in your file . It's unbelievable. Only my second visit and I've heard multiple inappropriate conversations being had. It's truly a joke. I'm currently changing my doctor.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Absolutely horrifying experience "under the care" of Eva Jones. I had surgery for uterine cancer and she "assisted" the oncology gynecologist. While recovering, she came to my room, or rather to the door of my room and yelled at me to have my mother go buy Summer's Eve wash, which she did, and scrub my incision with it. Needless to say, the infection got worse and I was released 4 days later without a single prescription. The release papers had a whole list of medicines that I was discharged with, even though I didn't leave with any. I was too sick to notice. Next morning I was rushed back to the ER with fever and gangrene. Eva Jones was called and she walked up to me screaming that I made her come in on a Fu----- Sunday, and She told me to scrub that thing!! Absolutely horrible treatment during a tough time. If that wasn't enough, I kept getting bills for copays that I already paid, and was threatened to be pit in collection if I didn't pay the $35!! The whole experience was a nightmare thast I still have nightmares about.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Second time to office and I WILL NEVER RETURN... Staff is rude tryed to collect copays that were not to be collected. Doctor made WRONG dianosis TWICE....Take my advice don't even make an appoinmtment.......

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

I had my first experience with Dr Jones after hearing wonderful things about her. I am myself in the medical field and with MUCH experience dealing with Dr's, good and bad. In the grand scheme of things, the appearance of an office and wait time does not reflect negatively on the quality of the medical professional you are dealing with. I actually like the fact that she calls it like it is an doesn't waste my time being phony. I had NO problems with any of her staff, they were accommodating as I had to cancel my first appointment one hour prior due to getting my period and providing me with multiple choices for a rescheduled appointment that was convenient to me. The most "professional" doctors aren't always the most intelligent in real world situations, and I could tell in the fist moments with Dr Jones that she was experienced and very knowledgeable. I had all my concerns and questions answered with care from both Dr Jones and her staff from the moment I scheduled my appointment until I was leaving the office. She administered a thorough exam along with the first ever PAP smear I've had that did not hurt. I respect doctors like her.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

I wish I could give 0 stars. Doctor and most especially staff are unbelievably rude. Wait time is almost always over an hour. They will go out of their way to charge as much as possible. In my case using codes that didn't match to my insurance covered yearly check up & therefore hundreds of dollars out of pocket for yearly labs. Good luck trying to resolve anything between their office and your insurance. Do yourself a big favor and go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I went to Dr.Jones office for a general exam/pap smear. I waited for about an hour and a half which was okay. I liked Dr.Jones forthright attitude and she seemed very knowledgeable and experienced. The nurse was very rude. She would reply anything i ask only with one word which made me very uncomfortable. So though i liked Dr.Jones, i had to change my Oby-Gyn because i couldn't feel comfortable going there anymore.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I went to Dr. Jones a week ago for a general exam/Pap smear. They except only cash or a check for payment - in the year 2016. The whole office is run down and in need of extreme updating. It doesn't look professional at all. The staff and Dr. Jones' language is unprofessional (I heard sh#t come from staff members' mouths at least three times, and I heard Dr. Jones tell one of her staff twice to "Get your f*cking car fixed"). I understand that most people curse, but I don't expect to hear that at a medical office. I didn't wait long in the waiting room, but I did wait a long time in her office for the pre-exam consultation. Then I waited a long time in the exam room for Dr. Jones to come in. While I was waiting in the exam room, I could hear her and her staff talking about cell phones and other non-medical things in the room/lab adjacent to the exam room. The nurse was rude and unprofessional. When I politely asked if I could make my husband my emergency contact, she said something like, "You can make it Santa Claus for all I care." With an argumentative attitude, she told me I should have a mammogram every year, even though I mentioned current recommendations that I've heard. However, later on, Dr. Jones said I should have one every two years. When I was discussing medical issues with Dr. Jones, she was very quick to minimize & down play my concerns. When I started to mention my concern with my persistent hemorrhagic ovarian cyst, right away she cut me off and said that ovarian cysts are a normal part of the reproductive cycle. I guess it's normal that I have pelvic pain and discomfort from a cyst quite frequently. When I shared my concern about having a retroflexed (tipped back) uterus, she said it was like being "left-handed", but then went on to say that a tipped uterus can lead to endometriosis and painful intercourse (it can lead to other problems, too, such as infertility, etc). "Left-Handed" Really? She didn't seem concerned about my quality of life. It's been a week since my Pap smear, and since then, I have had pain in my perineum area and a swollen lymph node in my groin. I called her office this morning, and the receptionist had me speak to the nurse (the rude, unpleasant, unprofessional one). I tried to tell her what I was experiencing, and I wanted her to chart it, but she kept cutting me off and saying there is no way that my exam last week could be related to the pain I was experiencing, and said that the pain was probably from my ovarian cyst (I've had the cyst for 8 years now - I know what cyst pain feels like). She was so defensive, inpatient, unkind, rude and unprofessional. She said to me that I was "using big words but don't know what you're talking about" because I had told her that my perineum was sore & possibly injured from the speculum or something during the exam. I will NEVER go back to Dr. Jone's office. I do not recommend her office to anyone, unless you are fine with being disrespected, waiting a long time to be seen, unprofessional staff, and so on (the list is long).

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

First of all Dr. Eva Jones is the sweetest and caring doctor I've ever met, she held my hand during an procedure. Although her office is not what you expect it is her office, I lost my daughter last year and she was there every step of the way and made sure firstly that I was okay and if there was any BS that needed to be called out she would and I appreciate that. She's awesome she's knows her stuff and she does do birth control and I did have an ultrasound at that office multiple times.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

Made an appointment yesterday - receptionist said they had appointment today. I walk in, and their power is out. No phone call. They claimed I wasn't on appointment list (but computers were down, I was scheduled last minute, and they couldn't even check - how would you even know if I wasn't on list??). Office worker said she was happy phones were down so she didn't have to talk to patients. I wasn't looking for a best friend, but I did expect professional, knowledgeable staff - my expectations were TOO HIGH. Never met doctor, but if her office staff is indicative of her - YIKES!! Looking for new doctor now....

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015