Ratings for Dr. Eva R. Jones

I had my first experience with Dr Jones after hearing wonderful things about her. I am myself in the medical field and with MUCH experience dealing with Dr's, good and bad. In the grand scheme of things, the appearance of an office and wait time does not reflect negatively on the quality of the medical professional you are dealing with. I actually like the fact that she calls it like it is an doesn't waste my time being phony. I had NO problems with any of her staff, they were accommodating as I had to cancel my first appointment one hour prior due to getting my period and providing me with multiple choices for a rescheduled appointment that was convenient to me. The most "professional" doctors aren't always the most intelligent in real world situations, and I could tell in the fist moments with Dr Jones that she was experienced and very knowledgeable. I had all my concerns and questions answered with care from both Dr Jones and her staff from the moment I scheduled my appointment until I was leaving the office. She administered a thorough exam along with the first ever PAP smear I've had that did not hurt. I respect doctors like her.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

I wish I could give 0 stars. Doctor and most especially staff are unbelievably rude. Wait time is almost always over an hour. They will go out of their way to charge as much as possible. In my case using codes that didn't match to my insurance covered yearly check up & therefore hundreds of dollars out of pocket for yearly labs. Good luck trying to resolve anything between their office and your insurance. Do yourself a big favor and go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I went to Dr.Jones office for a general exam/pap smear. I waited for about an hour and a half which was okay. I liked Dr.Jones forthright attitude and she seemed very knowledgeable and experienced. The nurse was very rude. She would reply anything i ask only with one word which made me very uncomfortable. So though i liked Dr.Jones, i had to change my Oby-Gyn because i couldn't feel comfortable going there anymore.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I went to Dr. Jones a week ago for a general exam/Pap smear. They except only cash or a check for payment - in the year 2016. The whole office is run down and in need of extreme updating. It doesn't look professional at all. The staff and Dr. Jones' language is unprofessional (I heard sh#t come from staff members' mouths at least three times, and I heard Dr. Jones tell one of her staff twice to "Get your f*cking car fixed"). I understand that most people curse, but I don't expect to hear that at a medical office. I didn't wait long in the waiting room, but I did wait a long time in her office for the pre-exam consultation. Then I waited a long time in the exam room for Dr. Jones to come in. While I was waiting in the exam room, I could hear her and her staff talking about cell phones and other non-medical things in the room/lab adjacent to the exam room. The nurse was rude and unprofessional. When I politely asked if I could make my husband my emergency contact, she said something like, "You can make it Santa Claus for all I care." With an argumentative attitude, she told me I should have a mammogram every year, even though I mentioned current recommendations that I've heard. However, later on, Dr. Jones said I should have one every two years. When I was discussing medical issues with Dr. Jones, she was very quick to minimize & down play my concerns. When I started to mention my concern with my persistent hemorrhagic ovarian cyst, right away she cut me off and said that ovarian cysts are a normal part of the reproductive cycle. I guess it's normal that I have pelvic pain and discomfort from a cyst quite frequently. When I shared my concern about having a retroflexed (tipped back) uterus, she said it was like being "left-handed", but then went on to say that a tipped uterus can lead to endometriosis and painful intercourse (it can lead to other problems, too, such as infertility, etc). "Left-Handed" Really? She didn't seem concerned about my quality of life. It's been a week since my Pap smear, and since then, I have had pain in my perineum area and a swollen lymph node in my groin. I called her office this morning, and the receptionist had me speak to the nurse (the rude, unpleasant, unprofessional one). I tried to tell her what I was experiencing, and I wanted her to chart it, but she kept cutting me off and saying there is no way that my exam last week could be related to the pain I was experiencing, and said that the pain was probably from my ovarian cyst (I've had the cyst for 8 years now - I know what cyst pain feels like). She was so defensive, inpatient, unkind, rude and unprofessional. She said to me that I was "using big words but don't know what you're talking about" because I had told her that my perineum was sore & possibly injured from the speculum or something during the exam. I will NEVER go back to Dr. Jone's office. I do not recommend her office to anyone, unless you are fine with being disrespected, waiting a long time to be seen, unprofessional staff, and so on (the list is long).

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

First of all Dr. Eva Jones is the sweetest and caring doctor I've ever met, she held my hand during an procedure. Although her office is not what you expect it is her office, I lost my daughter last year and she was there every step of the way and made sure firstly that I was okay and if there was any BS that needed to be called out she would and I appreciate that. She's awesome she's knows her stuff and she does do birth control and I did have an ultrasound at that office multiple times.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

Made an appointment yesterday - receptionist said they had appointment today. I walk in, and their power is out. No phone call. They claimed I wasn't on appointment list (but computers were down, I was scheduled last minute, and they couldn't even check - how would you even know if I wasn't on list??). Office worker said she was happy phones were down so she didn't have to talk to patients. I wasn't looking for a best friend, but I did expect professional, knowledgeable staff - my expectations were TOO HIGH. Never met doctor, but if her office staff is indicative of her - YIKES!! Looking for new doctor now....

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

First of all ladies...she does not prescribe a year of birth control, so if that is what you are looking for then go elsewhere. She wants to see you back in 6 months to chat about how your longtime use of birth control is going so she can charge you your copay and bill to insurance again (as if my insurance would pay for another annual). And after my severely uncomfortable experience in her office I literally cried in my car in the parking lot thinking I left there without anything I wanted and she wanted me to come back. Her office is dirty, outdated and the staff is like dealing with the drive through window of McDonalds. Everyone was wearing flip flops (including Dr. Jones) and one of the employees was walking around the office with no shoes at all. The same shoe less employee was wearing an outfit that could have easily been a bathingsuit bikini top with a cover up over top. I was cursed at by every employee including the doctor and the nurse was extremely rude and had me do all of my pretesting (I read my weight to her, took off my own cuff etc). I was in the office for almost 2 hours for a routine PAP and exam (I am young and healthy). They also only take cash and credit and take your copay up front. Most likely so you can't refuse to pay until you get a year prescription for you birth control like every other doctor in the world. If that isn't enough...there are strange dolls all around the office. Overall just run, like I should have as soon as I walked into the "office". I thought I was being punked!!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Horrible and miserable women in my opinion. Extremely unprofessional in my opinion. Staff and Dr. Eva herself treated me as if I was second class citizen in my opinion. Used foul language and down right sloppy looking. She scheduled ultra sounds it seemed like every 2-3 weeks. Never have I heard that before unless you are a high risk pregnancy. My significant other was told she was not. Do not know why she advised to do so many ultra sounds though, sound like someone is money hungry in my opinion. Should really work on remodeling the inside of her so called practice. Always looked dirty in my opinion. People say she has a no nonsense personality you have mistaken, she is just simply unprofessional, unhappy/miserable, disrespectful, frumpy and frankly dirty IN MY OPINION. I am glad I never need to look at her again or her staff. Should have worked for a collection agency, your talents could have well been used. Hope you retire very soon and I hope you get a new attitude on life and men in general. Their not all bad. If there was a rating of zero I can assure you she would have received them.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Extremely unprofessional. I overheard another patients lab results because they spoke of it right in front of me. For my own test, she mixed up my name with another girl with the same name. Then to find out I was overcharged. I will never go here again. Completely inefficient and can't be trusted

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Dr. Jones' office is poorly run, needs updating and the billing department is horrific! I had to wait 30 minutes to be seen by Dr. Jones for my annual visit. It was my first and last time at this office. The receptionist was not friendly and everything in the office is outdated, especially the medical equipment. I was informed after my checkup was over I would have to go to a different location for an ultra sound (if you want to have your ultra sounds on location this is not the doctor for you). The worst thing about this office is the staff. The staff is extremely incompetent and rude, especially the billing department. Be warned, Janice (the person who is responsible for billing), is rude and an idiot.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015