Ratings for Dr. Philip A. Butler

Have had surgery 2 times for kidney stones. He's a great surgeon!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

did not explain the prescription he gave me I had to go online to better understand what I was taking and why. when I asked questions he found ways to not answer. His staff is very average at best. My insurance company tried to contact him by phone and fax many times for clairification on a prescription and he still has not returned there call.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2012

I have been using him for many years. Keeps tab on PSA, treats BHP, watches for indicators; reacted quickly to symptoms, avoided surgery, top Doc in my experience.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

I have been a patient for over 15 years. Dr Butler is experienced, thoughtful, patient, professional, listens well and makes one feel completely at ease. I had major surgery and a minor complication was handled swiftly and corrected immediately.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2009

Same experience, the doctor and group requires you sign away your rights as a patient. I refuse to use this doctor or any other doctor which attempts to strip me of my rights as a patient.

Submitted July 10, 2009

This doctor (and the medical group he belongs to, "Coast Urology Medical Group") requires all patients to sign an mandatory arbitration agreement. California has a $250,000 cap on pain and suffering awards, so the only reason for a doctor to require this is to prevent his screw-ups from being entered into the public record. I refused to sign this one-sided travesty and the Doc refused to treat my 17 year old daughter

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Dr. Philip A. Butler's Credentials

• Spanish

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1980)

Assurant