Ratings for Dr. Susan Ra

Went to Dr. Ra for many years. Only had problems with two back teeth the entire time. (thank god). She gave me two crowns. I went on vacation the next day and they began throbbing. Had to take take Advil constantly for an entire week every 4 hours. Went back for root canals. Had to go to a specialist eventually after multiple visits. One got infected a few years later. (not her fault) Another root canal and a cap. The cap kept breaking. She replaced it twice and said it was because I clenched my teeth. That may be but the first one she put on lasted for years. She then didn't give me a new one even though I had paid in full. I suppose the notion of doing it until you get it right doesn't apply there. So I have been with out a cap for almost two years. I really dont know how she can live with herself when she cleans my teeth and sees my uncapped molar. I really should have complained more, that's my fault. Seemed like you have to wait forever to get in the chair even though you have an appointment and I have been cancelled several times because they overbook (I suppose). Last time was today. They moved my time and had me waiting in the chair and I had to get back to work. I finally had enough and walked out for good. Should have done it years ago. Treats her assistants like crap too. Honestly I would not trust her to more than a simple cleaning.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

Love going to the dentist here. Dr Ra is so very nice,knowledgeable, and efficient!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

So I went to Dr. Ra one time and have mixed emotions. She was very rough with her cleaning - flossing hurt SO bad - but at the time, I hadn't been flossing regularly, so my gums bled and of course it was painful. If you can't handle the pain and don't take regular care, then you won't like her. On the other hand, she was very thorough and offered great suggestions to me about my dental care. I need my wisdom teeth taken out - really only the two on the right - so doing two will save money. I also had a front tooth that was a tad longer than the other, and she shaved it down to be even for me, no charge. She just did the cosmetic touch up free of charge and I didn't even have to ask for it. I did not like her staff - rude and not very knowledgeable. Her facilities were very nice, modern, etc. I don't know, like I said, it was a mixed experience. I'd go back, but I'd probably be happier somewhere else. Great dentists are so hard to find!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Dr. Ra was thorough and great to deal with. The staff helped me out and were both efficient and pleasant. Dr. Ra really spent extra time evaluating my tooth and consulting with my endodontist.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

I found Dr. Ra through my insurance. I thought this office was good because she gave me info before doing the work. I was in pain and hadn't slept in 3 nights because of a toothache. She showed me the causes. I admit I did neglect my teeth. I am 33 years old and thought I could get away with not going to a dentist regularly. Bottom line is: I'm not in pain, the crown is nice, my teeth feel clean, and I will not skip a dental appt anymore. I don't usually blog about businesses, but I needed to tell everyone that the actual work being done at this office is top notch! There's always going to be complainers so I wouldn't trust the bad reviews. You just never know what Dr. Ra's side of the story is for these complainers.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2013

I broke a front tooth beyond repair. I went to an endodontist because I had a root canal done 4 years ago and it went bad. They told me I had to get it pulled. I called my insurance company and they referred me to Touch of Smiles. I met Dr. Ra and she immediately put me at ease because I didn't want to lose my tooth. She gave me choices and I went with an implant. I was able to be seen the next day. What an experience!! She did a great job numbing me, and completing the work and I walked out with a new tooth!!! I am so happy. I felt like it was the end of the world when my front tooth broke but she assured me I would never go without a tooth and she proved it!!!!! Go here! It's awesome!!!!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

This was a terrible experience, the office manager after explaining I was already petrified of the 'dentist' literally told me my only option was to have a 4k implant otherwise he stated my teeth would fall out. This was so absurd! I was more flabbergasted at the fact this jerk isn't even a dentist/dental assistant, This guy most likely vacuums the floors! The actual dentist in no way suggested my other teeth would fall out or even this procedure was necessary, hence the operation's COSMETIC (and of course insurance wont cover). This is the treatment and bs a state employee has to deal with? Of course, because these jerks including the short crap office manager offered the lowest bidder knowing they are going to attempt to rob anyone of their earnings to make up the difference. Telling me he would cut me a deal of $100off? kidding me? off 4k? jeez..This was the worst cusotmer service, anything but here, I promise it will be worth the drive, smile and penny's in your pocket!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012

Dr. Ra is extremely rude and tough. Made me bleed and did a terrible job with my crown. Avoid her!!!!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012

I have left Touch of smiles both of because of how they run things, and specifically because I didn't feel that Dr. Ra's head was in the game about my dental care. She always took multiple patients at the same time, adding to my time, once upwards of 3 hours. I used to have 2 wisdom teeth: one was removed after a crown had been fitted - a rather painful day. On the subsequent visit, she mentioned that she wanted to recommend me to an oral surgeon so I could be anesthetized to remove the last tooth. When I asked her why she didn't just have had both removed at the surgeon's at the same time, she essentially laughed me off. Dr. Ra once bragged that she got paid to hurt grown men. True story. At first I thought she was joking. Now, I'm not quite so sure. I was also unhappy with the fact that their accounts guy always seemed to want to get financial approval while I was in the middle of the procedure, rather than before. I now have a another dentist and am quite happy.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011