Ratings for Dr. Thomas J. Fox

My husband has been a patient of Dr. Thomas Fox for several years. He is kind and compassionate and very knowledgeable. He was always very pleased with the care and concern of the entire office staff until about a year or so ago when it seems that the entire staff changed. For an example, we have been trying to get a prescription refill called in for about two weeks to no avail. We finally gave up and went to another doctor. I have no idea what is going on in that office but my husband needs a doctor and staff that is dependable. Our hope is that all is OK with Dr. Fox. He is a wonderful doctor, but in all honesty, we cannot give them a good rating.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

The ratings are for the staff. Dr Fox is amazing! He is attentive, caring and smart. I recommend him wholeheartly. Unfortunately his staff does not meet up to his excellence.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

My dad has Lewy Body Dementia. His neurologist retired and so started seeing Dr. Fox. First appt he said it wasn't LBD. Office cancelled next appt. Then MONTHS later finally saw him again and Dr Fox finally agreed it was LBD, but put him on medicines that were clearly contraindicated for this on the Lewy Body Association website. When we called and asked for Med adjustments on a Friday, he referred my father to inpatient stay at Carolina Behavioral, washing his hands of him. His treatment of my dad is almost criminal!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr. Fox and I have been through a lot together. A previous neurologist changed my meds and made my condition drastically worse so I switched to Dr. Fox. He has been working with me for 3 years now to get things back under control. I really feel like I can be completely honest with him and he will never judge me or look down on me. He is very experienced and is up to date with treatment options. I am so thankful he has gotten me on the right path again. I really believe he cares about me and has my best interests in mind. His staff just changed. The receptionist is much better now. The nurses are okay...not great. I still have a lot of trouble with them not getting things done in a timely manner sometimes and have had to show up in the office a couple times just to get answers/things done. But they do a decent job with billing, thankfully. Can't have it all and he is certainly worth the inconveniences his staff creates.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Carole who answers the phones for appointments is a pill. I'm suffering and needed Dr Fox's help. She's rude. Won't answer questions. Is probably a direct spawn of Satan!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Dr. Fox is amazing. Truly one of the most kind and helpful neurologists I have ever had. He is such a great listener and is so up to date with treatments. Very no-nonsense. I have just been so very impressed right from the beginning. It has been such a breath of fresh air to have him as my doctor. I cannot be more grateful for his help in managing my conditions - I wish I had found him years ago.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

His nurse is rude and critical and does not listen.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Dr. Fox helped me right away. He gave me hope that I will be healed. He was the first doctor in 5 yrs to listen to me and help. He gave me a plan to get better and scheduled a 4 months out appt. to ser how I was doing. I am waiting for our new blue cross/blue shield insurance to begin so I can go back. His office called me to see if I was alright when I couldn't make appt. Very kind. Dr. Fox is different in his demeanor, but it is a good different.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Dr. Fox found out what was wrong with me immediately. It had been 3 years of pain and suffering and Dr. Fox immediately found the problem. Wish more doctors cared like he does. He also found a problem with my husband that other physicians couldn't find. If you want a no nonsense doctor Dr Fox is what you want.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Thorough exam. Very professional. Staff very helpful. Good follow-up. Very reassuring.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

Dr. Thomas J. Fox's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

• BCBS Illinois