Facebook Pixel

Ratings for Dr. Craig S. Barkley

1
Staff
1
Punctuality
1
Helpfulness
1
Knowledge

gets sent to dr barkley after i get my first ultrasound. -He reads me my results and says its a severe case of testicular variceles phase 3 on the right and he just said small ones on the right side with a 85% chance of being infertile and a 15% shrinkage in my left testacle. was urged to do surgery asap while being given no alternatives. -surgery was scheduled for the 9th around 9a.m. i undress into my gown and distinctly remeber not having a cut on my penis and being able to lightly urinate earlier without feeling a sting while i use my hands to aim.  -First person i meet is my attendant for surgery who inserts my iv and i wait briefly to meet my anestishiologyst team  who talked with me briefly but werent available after surgery. Never did i see dr barkley that day before or after surgery. - I was in the recovery room for 4 hours and the pain in places that ive never felt was insane and was given dilation and morphine left and right. when i could stand and make it into the wheel chair i was wheeled out and vomited into a bag instantly feeling awful nausea. -I finally get home and have to pee when i see that i have about a 1.5" cut on my penis as well as the two incisions on my bladder that i didnt see when they asked me to urinate before i left the hospital because i used a plastic bladder under the sheets. I contacted Dr. Barkley  immediately and scheduled an apt for that Tuesday when hed be in his bardmoor office which i was promptly charged for. -After looking at my penis the 13th he said it wouldnt scar and not to worry. i asked how this could happen and all he did was insure me that it wasn't him which i think is insane. We talked about my pains levels and he said that i should be feeling sore for the next 2 weeks after surgery and a week off work. At the time i didnt feel much pain because he had me on a prescription of 10 mg of oxycodene every 4 hours for pain  so when he asked me if i wanyed another perscription of a highly addictive pain killer my answer was no because i felt i had all i needed and if i needed more of a lower painkiller killer for truely real pain i would get one. I was never even prescribed a any antibiotics at all after surgery period. At the end of that meeting he said there were a few people he could call and see if they had cut me and that he would get back to me which he did saying that he has no idea how i got this cut and saying once agin that it was not him. and im sitting here thinking so that makes this okay and there wont be any repercussions? - The 3  days sucked following up to my my 10 day check up as i ran out of any kind of painkiller to suppress awful pain that i couldnt stop feeling. I thought it was going to be a okay apt  we were going to talk about my pain levels and prescribe me a much lower painkiller for the awful pain and soreness i was feeling in my testicles,  and my inner and outer thighs and we were going to talk more about what we were going to do about my cut on my penis. what happened was  Dr Barkley saw me after 45 mins of waiting and said there was no new news about my cut and that i should be on Advil at this point in recovery and that he was not going to prescribe me anything and that i  have the lowest pain tolerance he has ever seen in his career of twenty years in a belittling and unprofessional way. I was in tears as he walked out of the office  and as he went to his personal office and I walk down the hallway in tears of pain the secretary said i need to make another apt in which I responded loud enough for the office to hear "He can go Fuck himself " and another patient spoke up as i was out the door saying not to talk like that as i repeat basically the same thing to him.  -The next day i spent the day in the e.r.waiting to get my pain eased and get a second opinion  on the surgery which they couldn't do through unless they cut me again. so they did a second ultra sound that came back okay. prescribed me painkillers for my all too real pains  and called dr barkleys office to speak with him about me. Dr Barkley told the attending nurse that he would like to drop me as a patient 11 days after surgery which the er dr insisted was illegal even if i threw a tantrum. I asked simple questions about my surgery like how many veins were cut and tied off in each testicle that the e.r. Dr with all of my surgery notes couldn't answer saying " my surgery notes looked like they were rubber stamped and very vague." Dr. Barkley hasn't contacted me since.

Was this rating useful? 2

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

3
Staff
2
Punctuality
2
Helpfulness
3
Knowledge

Ask about each test he prescribes. I took a 24 hr. Oxalate test (procedure code 83945) the insurance deems this procedure as experimental. Cost me $145.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

2
Staff
1
Punctuality
1
Helpfulness
1
Knowledge

Dr. Barley was incredibly unprofessional and did not listen to anything I had to say. I waited over an hour and a half for him to see me and he only spent 5 minutes in the room. I had less attention from him than a CVS clinic. Terrible experience that ended in tears. Save your time and precious money and see someone else.

Was this rating useful? 2

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

1
Staff
1
Punctuality
1
Helpfulness
1
Knowledge

I don't understand how this Dr. (?) is still practicing!!!! I wish I had read the reviews on him first. Shame on Morton plant hospital for employing him. I had a 12ml stone that they had to blast. Stint was put in and was told to follow up with Barkley's office . That was a nightmare as well. I'll just end my comments with "staff and Dr. only care about the $, No Interest In The Patient

Was this rating useful? 2

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

1
Staff
2
Punctuality
1
Helpfulness
3
Knowledge

No I didn't ask for him. ER doctor suggested him as I had no urologist. He didn't explain what type of surgery he was going to do ( I had a 5 mm kidney stone removed) nor did he tell me any side effects after sugery. My husband had to ask Dr many questions after my surgery. Didn't tell my husband he out a stent in. Has no bedside manner. Very uncaring. DO NOT GO TO THIS DR

Was this rating useful? 3

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

5
Staff
4
Punctuality
4
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

Dr. Barkley was direct and answered all questions that I asked. He explained my diagnosis and what options I had. He does not sugar coat what is wrong with you but he tries to help you reach a decision that you are comfortable with to best correct your diagnosis. I for one appreciate honesty and self confidence in my physician.

Was this rating useful? 1

Submitted May 27, 2014

1
Staff
1
Punctuality
1
Helpfulness
1
Knowledge

Dr. Barkley assisted my surgeon, during surgery, by placing ureteral stents for lighting. Barkley also inserted my catheter. The morning after surgey, I began having severe pain in my uretha. My catheter was removed. That evening, I was having that severe pain again. I spoke with Barkley's P.A. and told him that Barkley used a catheder way too large for my uretha. Later that day, Barkley came to see me. He insisted he did nothing wrong and acted like a pompous a_s. He said, I'll make sure they give you something for pain and walked out of my room. After being home for a few days, I got a call from his office to schedule a "follow up" appt. What better way to tell him about his horrible bedside manner. So I scheduled an appt. His office called to remind me about the appt., at 8:30. No my appt. is at 9:00. I ended up cancelling the appt. His office called again and said I had to come in because he left a stent in me. When were they going to tell me this? Seeing different Dr. for removal.

Was this rating useful? 2

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

5
Staff
4
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
4
Knowledge

I appreciated Dr Barkley's honesty. I found him very informative and straight to the point. He is not there to sugar coat and tell you what you want to hear. He explained what my condition was and what could be done in common language.

Was this rating useful? 0

Submitted February 26, 2014

5
Staff
5
Punctuality
5
Helpfulness
5
Knowledge

I am very satisfied with Dr Craig Barkley, he is very friendly and an extreme competent doctor, sincerely cares, and explains things well. I definitely recommend this place, great doctor, great nurses, and great office staff

Was this rating useful? 0

Submitted November 14, 2013

5
Staff
4
Punctuality
4
Helpfulness
4
Knowledge

very helpful and staff great. You get a call back in timely fashion for any questions.

Was this rating useful? 0

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

Rate this Doctor

Dr. Craig S. Barkley's Credentials



Accepting New Patients

Unavailable


Biography

Unavailable


Languages

Unavailable


Education

  • Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Other Specialties

Unavailable


Areas of Expertise

Unavailable


Awards & Recognitions

Unavailable


Publications & Research

Unavailable


Insurance accepted by this Doctor

Other patients have successfully used these insurance providers, please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.
Aetna
United Healthcare

Top Hospitals in Clearwater, FL


Top Urgent Care Centers in Clearwater, FL


Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest health news and tips.