Ratings for Dr. David Psutka

Being in as much pain as I have now for well over a year I was quite nervous about the procedures I would need! Dr Psutka was so sweet....I finally felt confident that I would be well taken care of as an individual patient not just another patient! Waiting list is 1 year long which means more pain, less talking, more protein shakes, but I have hope!! Everyone that works at this clinic is absolutely delightful and I personally would go nowhere else to be treated!!!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I have had two surgeries preformed by Doctor Psutka and need at least one more in the near future. Although his wait list is a little long, it is definitely worth it. I have encountered many doctors in the past and Dr . Psutka is the only one that I feel completely at ease with and trust. He even waived his fee for me, taking me on as a "special interest" case. He was caring, compassionate, took time to explain and answer questions, was genuinely concerned for my well being, and is very, very good at what he does. I could honestly gush about him forever but I think you get my drift. Wonderful Doctor and staff!!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Dr. Psutka is the best Doctor on the PLANET! The experience was smooth and the recovery was mighty fast. The staff are amazing and I must say, Karen made my visit a whole lot easier. Fantastic job Dr. Psutka/Fountainview!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

This doctor has a very long waiting list. He was referred to me by another old oral surgeon in Burlington who said, if this guy can't help you, no one can basically. I contacted this doctor's office in Mississauga & the secretaries told me yes, an appointment was made & the doctor is aware. I asked how long it would be. Secretary said 10 months to a year waiting list. I said, "really?" I asked if there was any way he could see me quickly in between clients as this is kind of important & it would make sense as almost emergency diagnosis type visit or appointment & she said no, it must be scheduled like any other patient. So I waited & the appointment came & the doctor took a look & said I was a candidate for Arthroscopy. I said o.k. when will this be....he said 8 months. EIGHT MONTHS? are you serious. I waited for that & the procedure was the most complete waste of time I've ever seen go through. It did absolutely nothing other than make the side of my mouth crake with a little bit of increased crepitus. This doctor does not know much about the anatomy of the mouth & thinks he knows about TMJ & arthroscopy & that wasted my time completely. So, I waited for a total 18 months, when in actuality, if he was a good guy, he could have gave me 5 minutes for a intra-oral examination of my mouth immediately when the referral was made. Like a one-on-one. NOT make me wait 18 months. Five minutes was all that it would take for him to tell me that it wasn't an oral surgeon I needed to see, but rather a different type of specialist. 18 months......to five minutes. This guy obviously has a schedule of patients who get the run around....

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Dr Psutka is the best . I have had many surgeries in my life on a very bad jaw with cysts in it.I was blown away by his compassion expertise and professionalism .When I went to have an eight and half hour surgery to do a double jaw joint replacement Dr Psutka himself walked with me to the operating room He stayed right with me until I was asleep He truly cares about his patients As far as his staff they are excellent They truly care about your well being as a patient. I was very scared to have this big surgery His staff sat with me and comforted me and shared why I would be scared and addressed my concerns . He is the best in North America You may wait three hours or a day for him I would wait a lifetime . He gives you everything he is got Dr Psutka just does not take you on as a patient . He adopts you I totally respect this man along with m any other dentists and oral surgeons in Canada told me HE IS THE BEST and he is that way for the above reason .

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I waited 3 hours to have Dr. Psutka finally see me. He said he spend a great deal on his patients when the nurses told me all the appointments were delayed because the doctor administering the anesthetic was 1.5 hours late. The nurse was rude to my friend who was in a great deal of pain and simply wanted to lay down. The staff was very quick to inform me that he one of the best oral surgeons in North America. Do they extra money to say this? lol! I came home yesterday and the nurse called this morning and I seem to healing well. My HONEST comments on this doctor will come during the next few months when he will be checking on my implants. Keeping my fingers crossed! Bring a book, or sleeping bag when you go for your appointment. Your in for a looooong wait and they refuse you to leave the office once you have paid and booked yourself in.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Great dentist, but is absolutely never on time- often behind by hours. Very knowledgeable, but the wait can be frustrating.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

time management is non existent. enter at your own peril. .. don't expect an apology. ..poor etiquette. 1 hour delay is common. I felt like issuing the practice an invoice for my time. reverse the situation...if I had shown up for my apt 1 hour late... next apt I just may. ..then I will be on time

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I have had 2 tmj replacements on the right side. The first one lasted 15 years and this one is into my 4th year. I spent over 10 years under a dentist care trying to prevent surgery with several different appliances , having to put my jaw back in as it kept dislocating. Finally my dentist referred me to Dr. Psutka. He did an arthroscopic to try to fix my jaw joint. Unfortunately my body tried to fix itself by growing a tumor of mostly cartiledge. I then had my first replacement. After spending many years (starting in my early teens) in severe pain , I finally had some relief. I cannot thank Dr. Psutka enough for his great work. He has always been very professional, honest and helpful. I have been seeing him regularly for about 20 years and would highly recommend him at any time.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Micro jaw surgery for tmj with advanced arthritis inflammation, scar tissue and perforated displaced discs (severe jaw pain, unable to open jaw more than 1 finger width, trouble talking, eating snd severe headaches - great experience and no complications. Nice Dr, but very busy and I can see why...

Submitted September 9, 2016

Dr. David Psutka's Credentials

Davis Vision
Vision Service Plan (Vsp)