Ratings for Dr. STEVEN L. Moran

Dr. M repaired my ulnotriquitral ligament then a cast was put on my hand too tight & this ruined my thumb. He operated on it 5 more times trying to repair the damage to my thumb tendons & nerve bed & it never worked. When I showed up for the 1st nerve bed repair he said he "forgot" how thin I was and there was a better way to rebuild it but "it was too late in the day and the old way was just as good." Years later he said something that made me realize he knew which way was better when he tried my first nerve repair. He used an older fascial flap procedure. It did not work. Then he said he would try again with the newer fat graft technique and I woke up in excruciating pain- he only moved the existing flap. He caused more nerve damage to a subcutaneous nerve and it was EXCRUCIATING. I had to go to Baltimore, MD to find a nerve specialist to have two nerves resected in my forearm (one damaged my cast and one damaged by his moving the fascial flap he put in there). Later my thumb became arthritic & even dislocated trying to push a wheelchair & he misdiagnosed that too- he missed the dislocation. A hand surgeon at home actually x-rayed my thumb which Moran did not order (pretty basic orthopedics to order an xray). His PA Anna is rude and explained medical procedures incorrectly but a call to patient services at Mayo will help you there.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

thorough exam of my hand and accurate diagnosis. Very courteous and good bedside manner. takes time to answer all your questions and remembered details about my case from visit to visit. Offered more information about my hands, and the problems I am having than other hand specialists i saw. Also states a probability for the expected outcome almost all the time. I live a distance away from Mayo Clinic and he called me personally when there were some complications due to follow up care at home. Staff sometimes takes a seemingly long time to call back though (over a week sometimes).

flag | Submitted February 12, 2009

Dr. STEVEN L. Moran's Credentials

• Univ Of Rochester Sch Of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 14642 (Grad. 1995)

Ameritas