Dr. Pavan Avinashi

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Pavan Avinashi

I've seen Dr. Avinahi twice now, and can truthfully say I have never had a better Optometrist. He is extremely knowledgeable, thorough, and takes the time to answer all your questions. He has a wonderful staff as well. They explain what test each equipment is used for and make sure you are very comfortable. Great customer service! I highly recommend this office.

Submitted September 15, 2017

Absolutely amazing service from friendly and welcoming staff who seem to really enjoy what they do! Doctor is genuinely kind, knowledgeable and professional leaving me to feel confidant and well cared for!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2019

I've been coming to Dr. Avinashi for about a decade and I am very happy with the care, knowledge and attention he provides. The clinic staff is also very professional and caring.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2019

I have never had a better Optometrist, and I have had a few based on geolocation. He is extremely knowledgeable, thorough, and takes the time to answer any and all your questions. He has the best staff members as well. They explain everything. They never rush you. There is never a push to buy new glasses or contacts or anything. The Hollyburn Eye Clinic is the best in the business. I highly recommend this office and this Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2019

Dr. Avinashi has the rare ability to diagnose and then explain, in lay terms, the situation so that the patient fully understands the facts. Not all medical people can do that.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2019

Dr. Avinashi was really great!... Staff was very helpful and friendly! Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2019

Called and asked to be seen as soon as possible as I had just returned from vacation and had swollen eyes. The staff literally got me in within hours of my phone call. Dr. Avinashi thoroughly examined my eyes, addressed the problem and gave me the medical help that I needed. He explained the infection in a knowledgeable way and put my mind at ease. The staff squeezed me in but Dr. Avinashi did not rush me in any way showing total concern for me and the health of my eyes. I would not only recommend this Dr. ; I would encourage people to see him.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2019

I have been a Patient of Dr.Avinashi for many years and had nothing but the best service. He is very caring and understanding when you ask question and take his time to answer. The Staff is Friendly and helpful. Thank you Hollyburn Eye Clinic

flag | Submitted January 4, 2019

I have been seeing Dr Avinashee for many years now. He is very knowledgeable and caring. He always has time to address my questions and provides amazing service. I really appreciate having such great care and highly recommend him and his office.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2018

Absolutely amazing service from friendly and welcoming staff who seem to really enjoy what they do! Doctors are genuinely kind, knowledgeable and professional leaving me to feel confidant and well cared for!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2018

Dr. Pavan Avinashi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

After completing his Doctor of Optometry from the Illinois College of Optometry in Chicago, Dr. Avinashi spent time doing clinical electives in a variety of settings around the world. These experiences, as well as his fluency in English, French, and Hindi, have allowed him to broaden his scope of practice and touch on a great deal of patient types. Dr. Avinashi has a special interest in ocular surface diseases, laser refractive surgery, contact lenses and pediatric eye care. In 1999, he successfully underwent laser surgery himself and is now better able to advise and manage his patients who are considering the procedure for themselves. Dr. Avinashi takes a strong interest in humanitarian work, both locally and internationally. He has initiated various fundraising campaigns to support a range of third world eye care societies. He also travels to Northern BC routinely to provide eye-care services to under-serviced communities. Dr. Avinashi is a regular speaker and lecturer, focusing his topics on prevention and ocular health, to advances in medical optometry and practice management. His audiences range from primary school students, local community senior groups, to medical colleagues across the country. In 2013, he we recognized by the BC Association of Optometrists as the Young Optometrist of the Year. In 2014, he was named the Excellence Award winner for Small Business of the Year and in 2016, the North Vancouver Chamber of Commerce acknowledged him as the Young Entrepreneur of the Year. In his professional career, Dr. Avinashi has built a reputation for his thorough and compassionate approach to eye care, catered to the individual needs of his patients, regardless of their age. He is happy to bring his experience and dynamic personality to his practices on the North Shore and New Westminster.

• English