Dr. Pavan Avinashi

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Pavan Avinashi

I've seen Dr. Avinahi twice now, and can truthfully say I have never had a better Optometrist. He is extremely knowledgeable, thorough, and takes the time to answer all your questions. He has a wonderful staff as well. They explain what test each equipment is used for and make sure you are very comfortable. Great customer service! I highly recommend this office.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

I started seeing Dr. Avinashi three years ago and can truthfully say that I have never had a better Optometrist. He uses state of the art equipment when testing your eyes, and most important he takes the time to explain all the results. He is extremely easy to talk to, and answers all your questions. His staff is wonderful. Very polite and helpful. His new location is quite impressive, you feel welcome the minute you walk in. -- Elaine S.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2018

I travel across the city to get my eye are here. That's how good it is.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2018

I was very impressed that Dr. Avinashi takes a holistic approach to his eye exams. I love that he gets how whole body health relates to the health of your eyes and vision. I seek out doctors who have a holistic, integrated approach, and I didn't think there was an optometrist in North Vancouver who practices in this way. So, I was pleasantly surprised by his answers to my questions, which were answered from a whole body perspective.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2018

I have bee My family and I have been seeing Dr Avinashi for few years .He is a very courteous ,knowledgeable and friendly optometrist . Dr Avinashi and his staff are of the highest caliber.**********

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

This is the best place on the north shore.. Great staff.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2018

North Vancouver B.C. #1Eye Clinic Hollyburn Always a pleasure when I visit Hollyburn , Great selection 4 the whole family!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

Dr.Pavan Avinashi is wonderful. Trust your eyes to him.🤓

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

We took our elderly mother to Hollyburn Eye Clinic for her annual optical examination, and were again very impressed with the high level of courteous and professional service we received. Every staff member with whom we interacted was very welcoming and accommodating of our Mum who is in a wheelchair. Dr. Avinashi is excellent. He made Mum feel comfortable, provided us with detailed explanations on what he was doing and made recommendations that were absolutely appropriate for her. This was not a one off, we've received this level of service every time we visited Hollyburn Eye Clinic and it’s an absolute treat. I would very definitely recommend this office for your optical needs. The new offices are also amazing!!!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2018

I have to say I've found the go to Eye Clinic for myself and my family. From the quickly secured appointment (same day is unheard of) to the thoroughly professional experience I was truly impressed. Dr. Avinashi patiently explained the technology and process he was using as I had never seen much of the new equipment that Hollyburn has invested in. And seeing the actual structure of my eye and where to look for changes as I age (sadly inevitable) was very cool. I was given great assistance in selecting the best pair of glasses for my needs and fully expect that when they arrive I'll be completely satisfied. And BTW all of this cost me no more than my last experience at a "chain" eye glass company with 1/2 the service and expertise. Highly reccomend.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Dr. Pavan Avinashi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

After completing his Doctor of Optometry from the Illinois College of Optometry in Chicago, Dr. Avinashi spent time doing clinical electives in a variety of settings around the world. These experiences, as well as his fluency in English, French, and Hindi, have allowed him to broaden his scope of practice and touch on a great deal of patient types. Dr. Avinashi has a special interest in ocular surface diseases, laser refractive surgery, contact lenses and pediatric eye care. In 1999, he successfully underwent laser surgery himself and is now better able to advise and manage his patients who are considering the procedure for themselves. Dr. Avinashi takes a strong interest in humanitarian work, both locally and internationally. He has initiated various fundraising campaigns to support a range of third world eye care societies. He also travels to Northern BC routinely to provide eye-care services to under-serviced communities. Dr. Avinashi is a regular speaker and lecturer, focusing his topics on prevention and ocular health, to advances in medical optometry and practice management. His audiences range from primary school students, local community senior groups, to medical colleagues across the country. In 2013, he we recognized by the BC Association of Optometrists as the Young Optometrist of the Year. In 2014, he was named the Excellence Award winner for Small Business of the Year and in 2016, the North Vancouver Chamber of Commerce acknowledged him as the Young Entrepreneur of the Year. In his professional career, Dr. Avinashi has built a reputation for his thorough and compassionate approach to eye care, catered to the individual needs of his patients, regardless of their age. He is happy to bring his experience and dynamic personality to his practices on the North Shore and New Westminster.

• English