Ratings for Dr. Timothy L. Johnston

Refused to listen to my family members complaints of chest pain and shortness of breath brushing it off as "ALLERGY RELATED" resulting in death less than a week after seeing him. The family member died of heart complications in their mid 50's. Death could have been prevented had he requested a EKG or chest X-Ray. This doctor is a well known writer for pain medications as well as other medications that are heavily abused in Jackson County. He needs to be evaluated and stripped of his license to practice medicine. I have seen veterinarians who are more knowledgeable than this this QUACK!!!! BEWARE!!!! The pain he has caused my family is unimaginable.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Had open heart surgery and 1 week later he said I should be back at work even before the surgeon or cardiologist had released me. Also did x-rays on my neck and back and told me nothing was wrong to soon find out I have degeneration in my neck and lower back. I have a syndrome that a lot of Dr's know nothing about and that's the reason I went to him was he told me before I went to him that was one of his specialties and once I went to him he said he knew nothing about it.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Dr Johnston is one of the most caring and compassionate doctors I've ever been to see. He takes the time to explain everything and you don't feel like you are just another body. You may have to wait on him but that is only because he takes his time with every patient and doesn't try to see 10 an hour. He doesn't have the normal doctor "I am GOD and I know all" complex and if he doesn't know the answer, he will tell you and send you to someone he thinks will be able to help. His staff is friendly, professional, and courteous. I would not change doctors if you paid me. I would much rather have a doctor who cared about me as a person than one who only cared about his bottom line. On that note...for those posting about his billing practice..pay your bills and you wont have an issue. He is a small town doctor not a bank or a charity organization.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

The first time I owed him money he terminated me on the spot. I said that it would be unethical to take someone off Xanax because of a $100.00 dispute. You can go into withdrawal and die. I tried to make a payment so I wouldn't be sent to collections. I also requested my medical records. Dr. Johnson denied me of both.I told him there will not be a time when I have an extra $400+ dollars that's why I am trying to make a payment. He is making a special rule that he doesn't except partial payments to force me into collections. He has excepted them from me in the past, he is just mad at me for calling him unethical in his own office. I have talked to a couple lawyers that have advised me that it is illegal to deny a patient their records. Also not allowing someone to make a payment when they owe money seems unheard of. He is being a bully and I am just trying to keep my credit score good. He is purposely, vindictively, putting me in an impossible situation.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

Told me I had the worst autoimmune disease you could possibly have. He was wrong. He looked in medical books for the diagnosis. I was scheduled for an mri at the hospital. I waited one and a half hours.One machine was broken. Was told to go get dinner and come back in an hour and a half and maybe they would be able to take me. I couldn't wait. When I called Dr. Johnston's office to reschedule, the assistant told me "If I didn't keep this appointment, she would not schedule another one. The next time I had an appointment, I needed to stay no matter how long of a wait." I guess I was supposed to spend the night until it was repaired. If the staff isn't willing to work with you, Dr. Johnston certainly isn't worth the visit.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2011

Absolutely the worst; no business practicing medicine at all. He kept running tests to figure out what was wrong and every time I had a question he had to consult a book. He then told me "I'm open for suggestions." I went to another doctor and he looked at my test results and knew what was wrong immediately. He's also quick to prescribe medications that mask the symptoms but do not solve the problem. He is a D.O. not an M.D.. While he has an excellent bedside manner and is compassionate, that is not nearly as important to me as someone actually being able to help.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2009

Dr. Timothy L. Johnston's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal