Ratings for Dr. Stan Van Uum

Very compassionate and empathetic Doctor . Supported a lot during the course of my disease . Also was very prompt in returning my calls . It meant a lot to me as I got diagnosed during my exam days . I am really very thankful to him .

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

When someone returns you to the land of the living after many years of misdiagnosis and hopelessness, what can you succinctly say? Dr. Stan is the kindest, most intelligent and compassionate physician that I have ever met in my own long medical career as a nurse. He genuinely cares about you. He expects you to be a partner in your care, and will listen to your concerns while actually remembering the smallest of details of who you are as an individual. I feel safe with Dr. Van Uum, and I just want to say that Endocrinology is an area where knowledge is growing by leaps and bounds. This man has contributed so much to new understanding of this intricate specialty. Read some of his work, hang in and feel free to speak up and ask questions. I feel privileged to been referred to this man and his fine team.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

Dr V saved my life! Best doc and staff I've ever had. He is the most knowledgeable about my disease Addison's disease and he doesn't stop looking/thinking until he figured out the issue

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

I don't feel that he or Agnes pay attention to my test results. I keep calling ...

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Fantastic Endo, knowledgeable, curious, personable, and not afraid to look things up.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

I was referred to Dr Van Uum in Sept/2012 for Addison's disease, excellent doctor very knowledgeable and kind. First met Dr Van Uum at Addison support group where he was guest speaker in Brantford. I have been sick for 4 years prior to adrenal failure and Dr Van Uum has been excellent and continues to monitor my medications and I feel so lucky to be under his care. London is so lucky to have such a brilliant and caring Endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

After searching for 6 years to find a good endocrinologist, I am So very happy with Dr. Van Uum's care. He is so compassionate, educated, and kind. I have to recommend him to everyone out there. He is one in a million. I can not say enough about Agnes and Dr. Van Uum. They are a wonderful team.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Van Uum earlier this year by my oncologist. I have found him to be very pleasant, knowledgeable and thorough. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012

I have been treated by Dr van Uum since January 2005 (7 years) for Acromegaly and a partially removal of a Pituitary macro adenoma now requiring life-long treatment. I consider myself extremely fortunate to be followed by such a compassionate and knowledgeable Specialist. He always responds to concerns and is up to date with the latest research even before it is published. He is a brilliant man. It is rare for one so gifted in research to also be such a good patient caregiver. It has been 7 good years of true "care" from a doctor I have learnt to trust and rely upon. We are lucky to have him in London. His staff are equally responsive and I thank them all at St Joseph's Hospital.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2012

I've been seeing this Dr for 3 years with suspected pituitary adenoma. Despite elevated cortisol testing and adenoma showing on MRI this Dr refuses to treat me. My GP diagnosed me with hyperparathyroid adenoma and this Dr says I don't need treatment. Without even looking at imagining or test results. Pituitary tumour and parathyroid tumour = Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia. I've moved on to a good parathyroid surgeon and an excellent Cushing's Dr in Winnipeg. Don't waste your time if you suspect MEN's disease or any endocrine disease. This Dr will dismiss every symptom and positive test. He might be ok if you just have thyroid or diabetes but I doubt it. He's Dr Van Useless as far as I'm concerned.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012