Ratings for Dr. D.G. Seibel

Dr. Seibel is a good doctor who wishes to help. I miss him. I moved. He is not perfect and his office staff Naydina is not the kindest person but as long one can forget such and focus on the doctor all is fine. Dr. Seibel has helped me a lot and for ever this is in my heart placed with gratitude towards. him.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Saw Dr. Seibel after seeing my own Physician and 2 specialists, had a CT scan, a ton of blood work, 2 ultrasounds and suggestions of numerous CNS prescription drugs. After one session of prolotherapy, the pain I was experiencing for months is gone. He told me it would return in about 3 months and it has been 5 since that appointment and is now only barely starting to come back. Will definitely see him again for another session of prolotherapy when I need to. Thanks Dr. Seibel.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr. Seibel is my hero! I had endured at least twenty years of pain and discomfort from unstable sacro-iliac joints, a problem which disrupted my nervous system, hormone secretion and sleep. It affected my entire body and made me feel generally miserable. Physiotherapy, chiropractic, acupuncture and massage brought only temporary relief, if any. It was comforting that Seibel completely understood my problem immediately and, for the very first time, I had hope of a cure. He skillfully stabilised my joints with a few weeks of trigger-point therapy and prolotherapy. The result has been wonderful relief. Truly life-changing. I feel very well for the first time in many, many years. Dr. Seibel has a very pleasant manner. He is highly skilled and experienced, and is always willing to patiently listen, teach, explain and answer questions. I am immensely grateful to Dr. Seibel, and highly recommend him without reservation.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I've been under the care of Dr. Seibel since 2008 and he is by far the best medical practitioners I've ever seen in my life. He's kind, compassionate, caring and takes his time with each and every one of his patients. He shares a wealth of knowledge and understanding with his patients on a level to which they can understand. If I've ever had a concern about my health I don't hesitate to discuss it with Dr. Seibel for he will spend the necessary time ensuring that I understand clearly about what is going on with my health. He is the first physician to ever find a treatment that effectively alleviates my back pain that I've suffered with for the past almost 20 years. I hate to think about when the time comes when he will retire for I'll be lost without his exceptional quality of care that he provides to me during every office visit.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

This Doctor is extremely knowledgable and compassionate. I believe him to be the best physician for dealing with the bodies anatomy and pain. He treats everyone with total respect and common courtesies. He uses his huge knowledge of medicine to quickly assess your condition and treat it with accuracy. I highly recommend Dr. D.G. Seibel as a doctor you will want on your side in the healthcare system.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Dr. Seibel has been my doctor for over 12 years. I suffered for over 14 years, from a MVA, which wasn't my fault. I was 18 years old when it happened. I saw many doctors here in Edmonton and one in Asia. They all told me," it was in my head". I went through horrible times for years, I thought I'd never find a doctor who could help me. He has been the ONLY one, well educated doctor to properly diagnose me during my FIRST VISIT.... wow! I have Low Thyroid, Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue, TMJ, chronic pain and other related conditions. Finally, someone knew what was wrong with me! I was so happy and relieved. I had suffered so long, I had almost lost hope. Dr. Seibel is extremely knowledgeable and up to date with his medical training and attends medical conferences a few times a year. He is very well rounded, open minded, compassionate, quite brilliant and very dedicated to helping you get better and teaching you how to manage your conditions. He uses many methods, holistic and alternative, and is always on the look out for the best treatments possible. I am so grateful and so thankful to have him as my doctor. Thank so much! Charlene .Y. Edmonton

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Immensely impressed with Dr. Seibel! I have only had ONE doctor in my life who has taken my pain seriously. I have Fibromyalgia and the pain (and other symptoms) have not only become worse through the years of Many other doctors neglecting to address or even Test where and how this pain is originating. Asked my previous doctor about possible arthritis in my neck. Her response was simply that yes I probably do, but there's nothing to treat it except surgery and won't do it on such a minor condition. She Never even TOUCHED my neck, let alone muscle or other testing. Been through many physicians over 30 years trying to get this sorted out. Dr Siebel listened, has tested, and indicted that a key ligament in my neck has actually been torn and separated (car accident), and is now beginning therapy. This may not be the cure for all my ills, but he took me seriously instead of dismissing my increasing disability due to pain.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I found the doc very helpful and knowledgable. As an athlete facing retirement due si joint problems, I can confidently say after trying EVERYTHING he paved the way for my recovery ! 100% and competing again at even a higher level due to the 2nd chance. Very thankful.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Some of the comments on here seem to be from people that will complain about anything and everything.Very smart and knows chronic pain.He truly cares.Most doctors wouldnt take on his patients as they are in dire situatio.ns .Smartest pain doctor .

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Came to see him because he is cheap treating with prolo injections. That was 2009. Went with huge doubt because this doctors qualification are such as *only* B.Sc., M.D. Had been warned actual by former patient of his when Dr. D. Seibel worked at MAYFIELD MEDICAL SOFT TISSUE PAIN CLINIC, 11056-156 street, Edmonton. Dr. Seibel actual was forced by authorities and license to close the clinic. Anyhow, I went regardless in 2009 to him in now the area of 50 st and 38th ave in Edmonton. I was one of the first patients there since he re-opened in Millwoods. Well, what can one say? Dr. Seibel was SO sick himself, puked constantly in front of his patients, popped pills like inhaling air but preached about natural approach. I recall him once getting upset with me when I insisted YES, there a nerve called SCIATICA. He stubbornly told me that my knowledge is misguided by doctors and that there is NO, sciatica nerve??? I kept going because true he has charm BUT only on his pain - free days. Which is rare! Indeed he listens! People who are in pain want to be listen to. I had nothing much more to loose when it came to my pain. It had taken over my life and I was afraid of to much cortisone injections for a female. Also narcotic medicines I am no friend of. So, he Dr. Seibel seem to be my best alternative. !!!! At the time his receptionist Dawn (btw. the office changes receptionists like one changes underwear, often) was doing work for the doctor ONLY a trained medical assistant should ever do. For example LASER therapy, acupuncture. Anyhow I received many, many injections in to my back, neck, skull, through ears, face, foot , tummy and even Labia majora (Female External Genitalia. OUCH, indeed. Again my body was a mess and I felt HOPE, and so went for all. ~~~ During the time and over many years to be exact 6 years Dr. Seibel maybe 7 times used sterilization before injections. NOT *ONCE* have a seen Dr. Seibel wash or clean his hands between patients. MY own family expressed sincere concern about his hygiene and showed deep worry about the cleanness of this medical office. Again, I was in such pain; all I wanted was to be pain-free. Dr. Seibel goes in with patient, does his preaching' injections' TALKS, and out back he is in to his little office where he popes his pills, and does trading COINS on eBay. His true love.~~~ I seen blood on the floor, sheet, old used syringes he missed throwing in to the garbage lying on the floor, and tissue swipes with blood laying around. There is absolutely no confidentiality in the doctors office. At one point there were files over files laying stocked up the waiting room for anyone to peruse through. Dawn, the receptionist had orders to clean up and shred old files. That's a great idea but not when privacy of patients is at stake. Dr. Seibel's new wife Naydia calls herself office manager. Very money hungry women pushes Dr. Seibel to work, work when truly his wish as he expressed is to retire. Money, money, money! Oh and did I write one time *SHE* injected me in my lower back because at time of my appointment the doctor puked and could not do it? There is so much against all norms of a clean doctors office going on one can fill pages. The office will give out for the extra, additional pay of patients receipt for Acupuncture because legally he be otherwise in trouble. So, each patient actual participates in a illegal way of doing business. Finally I stopped going to Dr. Seibel. It clicked in my brain that I could easy be paralyzed by his dysfunctional shaking hands, and actual his mood changes were getting to me. More important after all these years and bi-weekly treatment the result of my health showed no improvement. I learned that prolo injection when done proper will work between 3 - 9 treatment. I consider Dr. Seibel a Frankenstein who reckons with framed participation's lecture events on his office walls and truly has only one degree, that is family medicine. Anyhow, his no hygiene office cost me medical huge problems for which now I am treated. WHEN people are in desperate situations such as huge pains people go for HOPE, and since Dr. Seibel lets you talk people think he is HOPE. Look around the office, check credentials, look for hygiene, watch the physician himself if he is healthy/shaky with body from his own medical problems , and if that's ok with you make your choice. Shaste', and good luck and NO I am no bitter or have ill feelings for the office. I am writing because I speak the truth and you now have the opportunity to make your choice.

Submitted February 22, 2015