Ratings for Dr. Stephen T. Wysong

I went to him for a second opinion on having my thyroid out. He was very knowledgeable (he specializes in thyroid and parathyroid problems/surgery), he’s up-to-date on latest research, and took the time to listen. He may run late but he listens to his patients and doesn’t rush you so that’s probably why. He took my thyroid out, it’s been 2 yrs and you can’t see the scar unless you really look for it. On the day of surgery he checked in on me right before the surgery, I was really nervous and tearful. He took the time to sit and listen and even offered to reschedule if I felt I wasn’t ready. He kept me overnight because I came from out of town and he wanted me close by incase there were any problems. During the night I had bad neck pain from a recent car accident, when Dr. Wysong rounded on me in the morning he was visibly disappointed for me that I had been in so much pain as most patients have little to no pain after this procedure, so I let him know it was just neck pain from the accident I had been in. I didn’t really have any pain from the procedure. I was told by my endocrinologist that he doesn’t know anyone in the state who does this procedure better. Surgeons aren’t known for their bedside manner, as a nurse I know a lot of incredible surgeons who aren’t very nice, Dr. Wysong is a serious guy but he was nice and my surgery went well. I live an hour away from his hospital and I’m so glad I went to him for a second opinion (a surgeon I know recommended him).

flag | Submitted December 20, 2018

I waited nearly an hour for him and he didn't offer so much as an apology. I was just getting ready to leave when he did come in, that could have something to do with my "less than favorable" rating.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2009

Dr. Stephen T. Wysong's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)