Dr. Ahad Mahootchi

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ahad Mahootchi

Dr. Mahootchi has totally transformed my life! Nothing could be done to correct my severe astigmatism other than glasses. Dr. Mahootchi's skills allowed him to implant a new type of toric lens in each eye which is a truly amazing procedure! No longer do I even need glasses! I totally owe this new-found sight to Dr. Mahootchi. Also his entire staff is just as amazing as he is! Each one is so efficient, helpful, and knowlegeable. I highly recommend the Eye Clinic of Florida and the Same Day Surgery Center of Zephyrhills, FL.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

Dr. Mahootchi is without a doubt the best eye doctor I have ever been to. He is always pleasant, professional and has a great bed-side manner. Recently, Dr. Mahootchi removed the cataract in my left eye and implanted a reading lens. A few weeks later, he removed the cataract in my right eye and implanted a distance lens. I felt in very good hands during both procedures. I've had no pain or discomfort with either and recovery has been seemless. The crispness of my vision is remarkable! I highly recommend Dr. Mahootchi for anyone's eye care. The staff in the clinic and surgery center are all to be commended. Everyone is pleasant, proficient and always greets you with a smile.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

I had severe eye pain and my wife called early in the morning. The staff got me right in . As soon as I entered the door the staff out numbing drops in my eye to relieve the pain. I was impressed with the staff and with Dr. Mahootchi. I am pleased to have found him! I would highly recommend him to serve your eye needs.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Having been severely myopic, all of my long live, the success of my cataract surgery was more than a pleasant surprise. It was awe inspiring! I have never been able to see, like I can now, until now. Since I have an astigmatism in my right eye, we decided to upgrade to a Symphony lens. (I'm told that Dr. Mahootchi charges ½ the upgrade price of other surgeons in the area. Win-win.) I couldn't be happier with the surgery. He has an incredible team, which I'm sure he appreciates, especially since all his patients benefit from all of it. I would, gladly and whole-heartedly, recommend Dr. Mahootchi, his team, and his facility to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

I would highly recommend Dr. Ahad Mahootchi and "The Eye Clinic of Florida" to anyone. After having a cataract removed from my right eye 3 years ago, I had a fall and lost use of my legs. (My surgery had been performed at another facility.) Consequently, we had to use a lift to move me from my wheelchair to a bed. The facility did not have a lift to transfer me to the operating table to have surgery performed on my left eye cataract. They refused to let us bring our lift into their facility. This left me dealing with extreme double-vision for the last 3 years. I researched several other facilities to get the surgery performed, to no avail. I finally contacted "The Eye Clinic of Florida" in Zephyrhills. We went in person, to talk to them about making an appointment, and explain the extent of the difficulty in transferring me. From the moment that we entered the front door, we were greeting by nothing but smiles. They proceeded, in the next appointment, to perform all of my testing without requiring me to leave my wheelchair. Everyone was very kind, patient, and compassionate. When Dr. Mahootchi came to discuss my surgery, he was very thorough in explaining my options and very patient in answering all of our questions. He made us feel very relaxed and calmed all of my fears of the situation. On the day of the surgery, my husband used our lift to place me on and off the operating table for my surgery to be performed. All of the staff are very pleasant and efficient. I commend every one of them. John, the Anesthesiologist, was fantastic. He was very kind, gentle and professional as he explained every step as he performed it. The surgery was successful and comfortable. It is so fantastic to no longer have to deal with the double-vision, and be able to see. On the follow-up visit the next day, we were greeted with the same friendly professionalism. All-in-all, I cannot say enough about Dr. Mahootchi and his staff. I give them the highest recommendation possible.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

2nd Opinion My 1st cataract surgery, on my right eye, was performed 4 years ago by a well known cataract surgeon in Tarpon Springs, Fl and did not go so well (meaning I continue to have vision problems and headaches). At a recent appointment I was told that I now needed my left eye's cataract lens replaced. I was told this second surgery was necessary and urgent and that waiting as little as 3 months could result in complications! This really scared me and given the first outcome I thought I should get another opinion which I did. After reading reviews on all cataract surgeons in the area I decided to visit the Eye Clinic of Florida in Zephyrhills, Florida for a second opinion. Dr Ahad Mahootchi and his entire staff treated me with the utmost respect and professionalism during my consultation. He addressed all my fears regarding the potential issues I was worried about. After completing numerous tests, Dr Ahad Mahootchi, the actual cataract surgeon spent about 1 hour studying the results and rechecking both my eyes. He explained in detail what the problem was with my 1st surgery and based on his years of experience correcting issues from other surgeons, he felt confident that he could not only resolve the issue with my left eye, but he could also resolve the issue from my 1st surgery! I explained due to my schedule that it would be better for me to wait 9 months to have the surgery completed and he assured me that this would not be a problem and explained to me to have the surgery completed when it was convenient for me. I was pleasantly surprised, no pressure to have the surgery now and I appreciated the time Dr Ahad Mahootchi spent with me personally evaluating my eyes. I now understand the confidence the staff has in Dr Ahad Mahootchi, which is very admirable and well deserved. I am now looking forward to having Dr Ahad Mahootchi take care of my surgery when my schedule allows.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

I am John Peele from Ridge Mannor. I went to him in 2007 and i had slight cataracts he told me to wait untill they progress more. Here in 2016 I was watching TV and i could not see well enough to see any of the words on the screen. I went back to Dr. Mahootchi and he said that my eyes where ready to preform the surgery, and in March of this year he preformed the surgery on my eyes and also implanted crystalens. I have been wearing glasses since i was 8 years old and at this time i no longer have to wear glasses. I am very pleased at the way my eyes have turned out and Dr. Mahootchi has been very honest with me. Is has been worth the wait for the cateract surgery. I would reccomend Dr. Mahootchi to anyone. He will allways be the Dotcor for my eye needs.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I have worn glasses for more years then I would like to admit. Getting crystalens with my cataract surgery has changed my life! Not needing my glasses for road signs, computer or menus makes me feel young again.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

We're patients of Dr. Mahootchi for 20 years. My husband had cataract surgery 9 years ago and his vision is still exellent - no glasses yet. We're very thankful to Dr. Mahootchi because we're in our 80. and our vision is still very good. Over all those years he took good care of us, he has a friendly personality and is the best surgeon around. Rudolf and Nanny Berger

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

My daughter recently was seen by the doctor working under Dr. Mahootchi and she was excellent. She was very thorough and patient with her my daughter has special needs. Unfortunately Dr. Mahootchi breezed in at the end and at first he suggested that my daughter did not need to be seen again for 5 years. Mind you her ocular pressures are 23 and 25 . The doctor that performed the eye exam reinterated concerning the increased eye pressures and in the end he prescribed ophthalmic drops. My daughter and I we're very impressed by the up and coming doctor who spoke up.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Dr. Ahad Mahootchi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Mahootchi is a board certified Ophthalmologist and the Medical Director of the Clinic. Dr. Mahootchi was born in Carbondale, Illinois and grew up in Tennessee. He attended Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville. His Internship in Internal Medicine and Residency in Ophthalmology were also at Vanderbilt. Dr. Mahootchi had the highest academic scholarships to both college and medical school. He is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and participates in the Maintenance of Certification program every 10 years. Dr. Mahootchi began practice in Zephyrhills in 1997. He has performed over 12,000 eye surgeries. Thousands locally have trusted him with their eye care. Dr. Mahootchi is one of the most experienced cataract eye surgeons in the country with lens implants that correct astigmatism. He was Zephyrhills’ first certified Crystalens eye surgeon and is the most experienced ophthalmologist who performs LASIK and CK in the area. Dr. Mahootchi is one of the most experienced eye doctors in the country with Trulign. Trulign is the astigmatism correcting version of Crystalens. He also treats patients with dry eyes, tearing eyes, corneal problems, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, and macular degeneration. He performed central Florida’s first DMEK surgery that transplants a single layer of cells to clear the cornea. He also performs eyelid surgery for cosmetic and functional problems. Dr. Mahootchi has a special interest in treating and preventing vision loss for those with diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma.

• English
  • Spanish
  • Chinese

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

• Cataracts
  • Cataract surgery
  • Glaucoma
  • Dry eyes
  • Dry macular degeneration
  • Wet macular degeneration
  • Diabetic retinopathy
  • Blepharoplasty

• PatientsChoice.org has recognized him as a top 10 rated doctor in Florida. He won the Patient’s Choice again this year for the 6th year in a row. The award is given to less than 3% of doctors and based on patient voting.

Connection Dental Network